My case was sent to STL on aug8th.
My chq was cashed on aug 21st.
BUT NVC has not yet recieved it.

Anyone else experincing similar problem

Thanx
newchaennai

Re: Re: Re: case sent to chennai 09/10/2002

Yes localMadras,

Yes.. it is really painfull. I guess you got struck with NVC due to incorrect cheque. (Correct if I am wrong). Good luck for your interview. I will be posting my developments....

Originally posted by localmadras
Saradao,

i agree, Dec would have been ideal, but i have been waiting for this G.C(interview) for manyyears now, which makes me think, i should grab the first-avialable chance.

thatz correct for Oct interview guys, the cut-off date was, CHENNAI RECV'ng on/or before August/20/2002.

i know there were some folks in Sept interview, whose case was recd by chennai on 07/24/2002. But that might be an exception.

My case was reviewed on --- Sept 5th

sent to chennai on DHL ---- Sept 10th

sent an email to Chennai ----- Sept 16th (no response yet).

good luck saradao....

--localmadras.

RE:

Hi,
If I added my wife as dependent after NVC sent pckt3 to me..does it create some problems in STL stage...
both of my chqs were cashed.. i mean mine and my wife..

thanx
newchennai

Re: Re: Re: case sent to chennai 09/10/2002

Update from NVC. My case got forwarded to chennai today.
Originally posted by localmadras
Saradao,

i agree, Dec would have been ideal, but i have been waiting for this G.C(interview) for manyyears now, which makes me think, i should grab the first-avialable chance.

thatz correct for Oct interview guys, the cut-off date was, CHENNAI RECV'ng on/or before August/20/2002.

i know there were some folks in Sept interview, whose case was recd by chennai on 07/24/2002. But that might be an exception.

My case was reviewed on --- Sept 5th

sent to chennai on DHL ---- Sept 10th

sent an email to Chennai ----- Sept 16th (no response yet).

good luck saradao....

--localmadras.

Re: RE:

Hello newchennai,

call NVC immediately, ask them if they have your WIFE's info in their SYSTEM (so to speak there should be two-beneficiaries, yourself & your wife)

pls ask them.Good luck.

=localMadras

Reconfirmation Letter for CP fromNVC

Guys !! I need your help.

My I-140 from NSC approved on 09/10/2002. Now I am waiting for NVC to create my case # as I already choose CP Mumbai in my I-140.
Also I assumed that NVC will send reconfirmation letter for CP i.e. we have to send letter to NVC that I am going for CP.

Now my question is they(NVC) well send this kind of letter to my Lawyer or my self ? If they are sending me then I changed my address i.e. while filling I-140 I was living in St.Louis and now I am living in Minneapolis . Is there any procedure that I have to follow ?
Or Can I send reconfirmation letter in advance or I have to send through my lawyer ?

Please help me on this.

Thanks

call NVC and ask!

talk to an operator and change your address on file if necessary

However, if you have an attorney on record, all the correspondces are sent to the attorney.

hope this helps

Re: call NVC and ask!

vincentforever !!

So I understnad that they will send reconfirmation letter to my lawyer Am I right ? Or still I need to talk with an operator after NVC generates my case ?

Dax

Originally posted by vincentforever
talk to an operator and change your address on file if necessary

However, if you have an attorney on record, all the correspondces are sent to the attorney.

hope this helps

what did i say?

"However, if you have an attorney on record, all the correspondces are sent to the attorney. "

at least, this is what happened to me.

Re: what did i say?

Thanks Vincentforever !!!!

Originally posted by vincentforever
"However, if you have an attorney on record, all the correspondces are sent to the attorney. "

at least, this is what happened to me.

update...on my interview

you will all see me in <b>LIKELY Nov-interview for CHENNAI Thread</B> from now on.

Got a email-reply from Chennai consulate saying "probably Nov".

Also i got it confirmed with Chennai-consulate, that packet-4 will be sent to local-address @ chennai.

Good Luck Guys.

Thanks,
LocalMadras

An update from chennai consulate that they received my case on 18th of this month. Follow me in cptracker as 'Ammu'.

Hai Saradao,
Congrats!! So when will be your interview ? When was your case sent to Chennai after review ? Mine got reviewed on 16th September. Normally how long it takes for them to send it .

Thanks juke... It looks I have fair chances of getting into November. With current statistics, they are posting every tuesday. If you case is processed in similar time lines, you case might get forwarded on 24th. Follow my case time lines in cptracker as 'Ammu'.
Originally posted by juke
Hai Saradao,
Congrats!! So when will be your interview ? When was your case sent to Chennai after review ? Mine got reviewed on 16th September. Normally how long it takes for them to send it .

Hello,
Thanks. Saradao , do all have to fill 1-134 form for the interview. Me and My spouse are the applicants so whether I need to fill this form. Do you have any idea about this ?

Question to Saradao

Thanks for your msgs..Really helpful. NVC has created a case for me and I need to call them to make sure my wife's name is included. Apart from this, do I have to make sure anything else from your experience. Also I have foll. questions regrading packet 3.

1. Does NVC sends Form 260 dlong with packet 3 or I have to download and fill up. I found two forms one in chennai consulate web site and other NVC site. Both look little bit different. Which one shd I go by?

2. Which address should I mention in packet 3 for card?

3. Where should I mention my local Indian address?

4. My labour, I-140 applied in Chicago and NSC. Currently I am working in Dallas. Will there be a problem if I give my Dallas address in packet 3. Also, will there be a problem if my POE is Dallas.

5. What are the docs that shd I send along with packet 3 to NVC. Also how much is the cheque for me and my wife.

I know I have asked lots of questions. Extremely sorry to bother you. I went through all the CP info sites and nothing was so clear to answer my questions. Thats why, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Venkat.

VenaktCNV
1. Does NVC sends Form 260 dlong with packet 3 or I have to download and fill up. I found two forms one in chennai consulate web site and other NVC site. Both look little bit different. Which one shd I go by?
Ans) NVC sends P3 which contains Ds 230 Part I and instrcutions for completion of P3 and also documents required during interview. Furthermore the most important this is a barcoded fee receipt letter

Ans)Mention any US address. GC is for the future. You can mention can US address.

Ans) dont know about this

4. My labour, I-140 applied in Chicago and NSC. Currently I am working in Dallas. Will there be a problem if I give my Dallas address in packet 3. Also, will there be a problem if my POE is Dallas.
Ans) Will not be a problems

5. What are the docs that shd I send along with packet 3 to NVC. Also how much is the cheque for me and my wife.
Ans) NVC will generally ask you to send DS 230 Part I for your self and your spouse. A check of $670 ( $335 each) - This will depend on the barcoded fee receipt. Call NVC now and make sure that your spouse name is there on your application. This will result in his/her name to be present on the barcoded fee receipt.

As regards to other documents.NVC might ask you for other documents. It depends on case by case basis. If your wife's name is not on the application (I-140) then you will have to send your MC (Marriage Cert) and Wife's BC.

Good luck
Bapa

Ds-2301 Part I

Bapa/VenaktCNV or others

I have also question/doubts on DS230 Part I

22) List below all employment for last ten years ?
- On Location do I have to write down
whole address or city,state & zip only ?
- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
Do I have to write down only month-year or mm-dd-yyyy?

25)List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the US.
Guys I am confused what I have to write for my wife.
she came with me on H4 & she went India for short visit
and then came back & still on H4.
Do I have to mention in Point # 25?

*Lot of place there are dates like FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
Do I have to only month and year or full date i.e. mm-dd-yyyy?
* Also Location means Do I have to write down whole address or
City/state/zip/country.
* Palce of Birth ... Do I have to write down only city or cirt/state/country?

Please help on this as i am in process of filling DS-230 Part-I.

Thanks

Originally posted by Bapa
VenaktCNV
Ans) NVC sends P3 which contains Ds 230 Part I and instrcutions for completion of P3 and also documents required during interview. Furthermore the most important this is a barcoded fee receipt letter

Ans)Mention any US address. GC is for the future. You can mention can US address.

Ans) dont know about this

Ans) Will not be a problems

Ans) NVC will generally ask you to send DS 230 Part I for your self and your spouse. A check of $670 ( $335 each) - This will depend on the barcoded fee receipt. Call NVC now and make sure that your spouse name is there on your application. This will result in his/her name to be present on the barcoded fee receipt.

As regards to other documents.NVC might ask you for other documents. It depends on case by case basis. If your wife's name is not on the application (I-140) then you will have to send your MC (Marriage Cert) and Wife's BC.

Good luck
Bapa

- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)

Ans) City, Country and Zip for overseas emply. Address. For US address, City, State, and Zip. Dates are MM-YYYY for employment

Ans) For your wife, Document the first move ( that is H4). Document move if there is change of Visa or status such as H1 or F1 and she has gone out of the US then mention that info otherwise ignore

City/state/zip/country.

Ans)
If mentioned then use MM-YYYY

For non US Address: Mention City, State, Country, Zip

For US address: Mention City, State, Zip

Palce of Birth ... Do I have to write down only city or cirt/state/country?

Ans)
Place of birth Mention: City, State, Country

Date of Birth MM-D-YYYY

Hope this helps.

Goodluck
Bapa

Ds-2301 Part I

Thank your very much Bapa !!!! This will help me a lot.

Bapa !! I tried to call NVC & gave my LIN # for I-140 & said that case could not find press "0" for operator and I press "0" but no body came or no music or nothing and then when I press again "0" then it's telling that good-bye.....

So am I doing wrong ? or how I have to contact operator ? Is there any specific time for operator ?

Thank you !!

Dax

Originally posted by Bapa
- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)

Ans) City, Country and Zip for overseas emply. Address. For US address, City, State, and Zip. Dates are MM-YYYY for employment

Ans) For your wife, Document the first move ( that is H4). Document move if there is change of Visa or status such as H1 or F1 and she has gone out of the US then mention that info otherwise ignore

City/state/zip/country.

Ans)
If mentioned then use MM-YYYY

For non US Address: Mention City, State, Country, Zip

For US address: Mention City, State, Zip

Palce of Birth ... Do I have to write down only city or cirt/state/country?

Ans)
Place of birth Mention: City, State, Country

Date of Birth MM-D-YYYY

Hope this helps.

Goodluck
Bapa