140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

Re: Question to Saradao

Venkat,
If your wife is not included in I-140, call NVC and request them to include your wife. They may require your marraige certificate(In some cases they requeste your wife birth certificate and marraige photos.... If your consulate is alpha, I don't think they will insist on any other docs apart from marraige certificate). Check with them if you can fax a copy of it, so that it will expedite the process.

1. I think you may need just DS 230 Part-I. No other forms may be required at this point of time.

2. Your present address

3. If you need your packet 4 to be posted to Indian local address, mention your present US address in DS 230 Part-I and once P3 reaches your indian consulate, e-mail them your Indian address. I did the same.

4.I don't think there will be a problem as long as your employer is located with in the service area of NSC which issued labour clearence.. POE is not an issue at all. You can choose any POE.

5.Your barcoded page will contain all fee information(I guess it should be $335 per person. ). But make sure your wife name is mentioned in that. If not call NVC and request them for new P3.

Good luck...

Originally posted by Venkat CNV
Thanks for your msgs..Really helpful. NVC has created a case for me and I need to call them to make sure my wife's name is included. Apart from this, do I have to make sure anything else from your experience. Also I have foll. questions regrading packet

1. Does NVC sends Form 260 dlong with packet 3 or I have to download and fill up. I found two forms one in chennai consulate web site and other NVC site. Both look little bit different. Which one shd I go by?

2. Which address should I mention in packet 3 for card?

3. Where should I mention my local Indian address?

4. My labour, I-140 applied in Chicago and NSC. Currently I am working in Dallas. Will there be a problem if I give my Dallas address in packet 3. Also, will there be a problem if my POE is Dallas.

5. What are the docs that shd I send along with packet 3 to NVC. Also how much is the cheque for me and my wife.

I know I have asked lots of questions. Extremely sorry to bother you. I went through all the CP info sites and nothing was so clear to answer my questions. Thats why, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Thank You Saradao

Thank you for your msg. I have got packet 3 and my wife's name is also included. I will do the same regarding my local address.

By the way, when are you expecting your interview. I wish you good luck in advance.

Venkat.

Re: Thank You Saradao

Venkat,

I am expecting Nov/Dec interview. Thanks..

Thank you for your msg. I have got packet 3 and my wife's name is also included. I will do the same regarding my local address.

By the way, when are you expecting your interview. I wish you good luck in advance.

Venkat.

To Saradao

Rergarding the fees ($335 per person) could you tell me whether it shd be a cashier's check or money order and which is best to track. Also, I want to know check should be in whose favour?

Thanks,

Venkat.

Re: To Saradao

Venkat,

You can take only one cashier's cheque for both of you and your wife. Cashier check is easy to track than money order. Check in bar coded page for the details on whose favour cheque should be cut. I guess I got it in favour of dept of justice...
Good luck

Rergarding the fees ($335 per person) could you tell me whether it shd be a cashier's check or money order and which is best to track. Also, I want to know check should be in whose favour?

Thanks,

Venkat.

To Saradao

Extremely sorry to bother you. My attorney says "Dept of State". Since she has barcoded page I dont know what does that say.

I have one more question. My attorney wants me to fill I-134 form also and send it to NVC along with pkt3. I dont know why do they require this now? I thought it needs to be sent out along with pkt4? Do you have any idea? Shall I follow her instructions.

Thanks once again.

Venkat.

Venkat,
I got it cross checked, my cheque was taken in favour of
"Department of State". Sorry to bother you with any confusions.

I did not send any other docs apart from DS-230 part-I for P3 docs. Mostly it depends on your consulate category also... Alpha, Beta... Neverthless you might be requested to send so.. Any whay is your copnsulate?

Extremely sorry to bother you. My attorney says "Dept of State". Since she has barcoded page I dont know what does that say.

I have one more question. My attorney wants me to fill I-134 form also and send it to NVC along with pkt3. I dont know why do they require this now? I thought it needs to be sent out along with pkt4? Do you have any idea? Shall I follow her instructions.

Thanks once again.

Venkat.

Hello Venkat,

I sent all these documents with my PACKET-3(for myself & my wife)

1) all packet-3 docs (part 1 & part 2)
2) birth certificates
3) police certificates
4) marriage certificates
5) affidavit of support (i guess it is i-134)

if you have them, send it. It doesn't HURT

Again, if you are in the process of obtaining any of these documents, for example PCC, it will take solid 45 days.

I would not waste 45 days to get PCC, and then send PACKET-3 to NVC. Talk to your attorney about this.

"Bapa", was having the same issue. when he tried to convince his attorneys', they pretty much rejected his opinions.

I guess he did everything himself, without his ATTORNEY's help.

so talk sweetly to your attorney :) :)

Hi LocalMadras,

I have got PCC a month back (Do u know how long it is valid?). I think I can send all documents like you did to make my attorney happy. What do you say? By the way what stage are you in?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Venkat.

Hi LocalMadras,

I have got PCC a month back (Do u know how long it is valid?). I think I can send all documents like you did to make my attorney happy. What do you say? By the way what stage are you in?

Venkat.

Hahaha,

Are these lawers crazy? It is written clearly in BOLD NOT to send any other docs apart from DS 230 part I. Better dance to the tunes of these half boiled ones as long as they support us....

Venkat,

PCC is valid for 1 yr from date of issue.
I took my PCC in feb 2002, and I am expecting Nov interview.
I emailed chennai, and the 1yr is validity from them.

-Ravi

Hi LocalMadras,

Venkat.

Thanks a lot Guys!!!

Absolutely true. Attorneys knowledge about CP is very limited and especially not upto date. But the strange thing is they are not ready to learn too!!

Fortunately for me, my employer has full backup on me. So, I am going to keep quiet as long as lawyer does not recommend something more detrimental.

Anyway, I have to really appreciate and thank you all for your efforts to keep these threads alive and stay everyone up to date.

-Venkat.

Re: Venkat,

That is correct, PCC is valid for 1 year.

Iam planning to email CHENNAI CONSULATE, about the validity of PCC. They should/will reply back saying it's 1-YEAR.

iam going to take a print-out of the REPLY for proof, JUST in case.

we recd the PCC on May 15th.from HOUSTON consulate.(for both myself & my wife).

Venkat, iam expecting NOV interview, the interview-dates will be know around Oct 1st week.

good luck.

Bumping up the thread..

Received a mail from chennai consulate that my interview will be in novermber. So I will be following "Likely november" Interviews from now on wards..

INTERVIEW

My case was reviewed on 18 th Aug,2002.NVC operator told me that they will ask for visa number now. Can anyone suggest when should i call to NVC for interview date? Any idea about process?.My consulate is montreal. I was landed immigrant of canada last month and i sent photocopy of my landed paper to NVC. Now I just became canadian citizen. SHOULD I INFORM NVC ABOUT IT? IS IT GOING TO CREATE PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL? Or should I call Montreal before interview?
Please suggest....

To Saradao/Ravipk/Local Madras

Atlast, I could convince my lawyer without I-134 and she has sent the packet-3 to St.Louis on Oct4th. Also, can you let me know your cptracker ids so that I wud get some idea.

From your experience, any idea how long should I have to wait before Consulate gets my details?

Also, my case# starts with MDR. Does that mean it is chennai consulate?

Thanks,

Venkat.

Re: To Saradao/Ravipk/Local Madras

'MDR' is madras consulate (chennai)

count 16+ buisness-days for you packet-3 to reach from St.louis to NVC, if NO ISSUES found. (don't count weekends & holidays)

my cp-tracker ID is LOCALMADRAS.