140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

emailed

Originally posted by GetGCNow
hi, ravi, murli,mothkuri,
I had emailed Chennai on Friday I did not get any update
till date (monday) I will let you know if I get any updates.
I will call Chennai Tonight and see if they answer.
Yea will start posting on possible November Interview Thread..
If anyone gets update on November interview let us know

thanks

emailed Chennai IV

Hi Guys
yesterday i emailed to chennai and i got a reply from them like this

"We have received the case here.
For Appt status, please check with us in the 2nd week of September. "

I am hoping my interview will be Nov. by seeing the previous dates

Originally posted by GetGCNow
hi, ravi, murli,mothkuri,
I had emailed Chennai on Friday I did not get any update
till date (monday) I will let you know if I get any updates.
I will call Chennai Tonight and see if they answer.
Yea will start posting on possible November Interview Thread..
If anyone gets update on November interview let us know

thanks

DS 2001

Folks:
I am supposed to fill and send out my DS 2001 to my lawyer. I have a bunch of questions. I would really appreciate if someone would answer the questions

* Is the DS 2001 two pages or One Page- Two Sided form

* Do I have to file DS 2001 for my spouse or only for primary

* Do I have to check mark all the relevant boxes on DS 2001 ( such as Passports, PCC, Military Record, Birth Certifcate etc)

* On the second page there is a section for " Case Number ( From Address Label) ". Is this the case number which NVC assigns your application. I spoke with NVC and I got my case number.

* My case number begins with BMB1231231243. My CP Post is Mumbai. Do case # assigned to Mumbai begin with BMB.

* Does the DS 2001 from immihelp any different then what one gets from NVC.

Look forward to your replies.

Thanks,

Bapa

one more update onthe case

Called NVC to make sure everything is going okay.

Eventhough my wife's name was included in the Beneficiary-list, they insisted me to FAX THE MARRIAGE-CERTIFICATE.

Faxed the marriage-cert, and called them back (luckily i got the same operator) and verified that they recd it.

Waiting for the review to be done...

hopeful for Nov interview , and optimistic for Dec interview... :)

--localMadras

Hai Saradao,
Today I came to know that NVC received my doc on 23rd August. Hope your review got complete by now. Thanks for your response

Originally posted by juke
Hai Saradao,
Today I came to know that NVC received my doc on 23rd August. Hope your review got complete by now. Thanks for your response
juke,
congrats... Infact I was away and did't check with NVC. Will be calling tomorrow.

Nov-Dec interview dates

Saradao/Others,

iam hoping for a December interview...

i have few questions
1) can i send my wife to india 2 months b4 the interview, will there be any PCC issues

2) are the interview always bet "15th - 30th" of a particular month

3) assuming dec 31st as interview date, can we book the return ticket on JAN 5TH... Is it safe

appreciate your inputs
localMadras

Re: Nov-Dec interview dates

Originally posted by localmadras
Saradao/Others,

iam hoping for a December interview...

i have few questions
1) can i send my wife to india 2 months b4 the interview, will there be any PCC issues

2) are the interview always bet "15th - 30th" of a particular month

3) assuming dec 31st as interview date, can we book the return ticket on JAN 5TH... Is it safe

appreciate your inputs
localMadras
localmadras,
1.You could send your wife before interview as PCC is valid for an year.
2.With my understanding of last four month schedules, EB interviews were always after 15th. It could be same for dec hopfully.
3.You have 3 working days left after 31st dec... Technically should be sufficient..

Re: Re: Nov-Dec interview dates

thanks for input Saradao,

two more quick questions,

1) after the interview, can we (myself & mywife) enter US (same POE) but on different dates... meaning, can spouce spend few more weeks @ india, before she comes to US ? bcoz, i remember, in the packet-3 Part-I form, we mentioned "spouce accompanied" when entering US.?

2) if packet-3 is not reviewed by Sep ???, we will miss the Nov-boat. Can you please fill the ???. (thanks)

appreicate your input.

--localMadras

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Nov-Dec interview dates

Hi localmadras
if u mentioned "spouce accompanied" in your packet 3 then you and your wife have to come together, instead she can spend time before the interview.

i dont know correct answer for the second question but while i was looking at some others dates in this same forum i think if yours is completed by Sep 15th by NVC then u will be getting the Nov. interview i think and this is just my guess by looking in this forum and in cptracker.

1) after the interview, can we (myself & mywife) enter US (same POE) but on different dates... meaning, can spouce spend few more weeks @ india, before she comes to US ? bcoz, i remember, in the packet-3 Part-I form, we mentioned "spouce accompanied" when entering US.?

2) if packet-3 is not reviewed by Sep ???, we will miss the Nov-boat. Can you please fill the ???. (thanks)

appreicate your input.

--localMadras

localmadras

the primary applicant who is employed has to come first. the spouse can follow within 6 months of the cp interview. But, you have to mention this to the consulate before the cp interview so they issue seperate packages

Re: Nov-Dec interviews

thanks sanjna/chad/saradao

sanjna, can you please define "BEFORE"

a) should i inform the CONSULATE during the inteview-process

b) or should i send an EMAIL telling this

c) or ...

Also, when are the CUT-OFF dates for NOV-interview. Is it September-12 thru 15th ... !!

Does the POE matter. Seems like i cannot any tickets from Dallas-to-chennai & vice-versa.,

If i choose anyother airlines, i cannot choose DALLAS as my POE, it would be either, Detroit, Chicago, or L.A.
when i submitted my packet-3 way back in May 2002, i chose dallas.
now, the reality is i cannot get any tickets if i choose DALLAs....

please help.

--Localmadras

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Nov-Dec interview dates

appreicate your input.

--localMadras

Hi local madras,

1. There are some instances in where it is clearly labled for spouses as "Should be accompanied by primary ..." on the packet issued after interview" so I guess both of you needs to travel tougether to avoid any hiccops at POE(atleast for your wife)

2. Chennai consulate should receive by 20th of september to get into Nov. schedules. Some cases are electnocally transfered which takes one day. Presently it looks it is taking around 5 days. So preferably it should be by 15th.

too many q's come to mind...

hello Saradao,

thanks for you input.

Does the POE matter.

Seems like i cannot get any tickets from Dallas-to-chennai & vice-versa., If i choose anyother airlines, i cannot choose DALLAS as my POE, it would be either, Detroit, Chicago, or L.A.

please help.

--Localmadras

Re: too many q's come to mind...

hello Saradao,

thanks for you input.

Does the POE matter.

Seems like i cannot get any tickets from Dallas-to-chennai & vice-versa., If i choose anyother airlines, i cannot choose DALLAS as my POE, it would be either, Detroit, Chicago, or L.A.

please help.

--Localmadras
Localmadras,

POE does't matter at all. You can even land in Sanfrancisco. I dont't think you might have specified POE in Packet-3. Pick POE at your convenience.

Question to Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your input. Re DS230 Part I, there are two addresses mentioned in that (Item 10 & 11). I am thinking of giving my friend's address who lives in a Home. Because I am not sure how long I will be in my current address. What did you do? Any inputs on this will be great.

-Venkat.

Re: Re: too many q's come to mind...

thanks for the info Saradao.

Nov-Dec folks, before you book your air-tickets...Check this information below (plastic-card tracker) ...Iam sure this is not relevant now ...but just an FYI

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=57571&pagenumber=3

------------------------------------------------------
POE & Avg processing time for plastic-card
-----------------------------------------------------
Atlanta - 8 days
Detroit - 11-17 days
Boston - 14 days (consistant)
New York - 15 days
Houston - 18 days
Chicago - 20 days
Newark - 22 days
Los Angeles - 28 - 32 days ( no one who entered in August has received plastic card to date. current max waiting time 31 days)
San Fransisco - 25-40 days

I am planning to avoid L.A & S.F.O as my POE ...but i never know

--localMadras