10 months remaining on H1 max-out

joy001

I have 10 months remaining on H1 max-out. (H1 expires Oct-09. Recapture included)

Is there anyway I can switch employers at this point and start my GC process? Can I apply for H1 extension beyond Oct-09?

Please share your experience / understanding.

Thanks

if your I140 got approved before that and your PD getting retrogressed, yes you can extend.

I have 10 months remaining on H1 max-out. (H1 expires Oct-09. Recapture included)

Is there anyway I can switch employers at this point
--------------------you can join new employer with H1 transfer
and start my GC process?
---------------If new employer is ready to file LC and LC gets approved and then employer file I-140 and that also gets approved then you can extend H1.

Can I apply for H1 extension beyond Oct-09?
*****Do you have LC approved or pending?
***Do you have I-140 pending or approved?
**Post the full details.
Please share your experience / understanding.

Thanks
------------------

------------------

Thanks for all the responses.

I do not have labor process started. My current company is unable to sponsor my GC. That is the reason I am trying to see if I can join some other company willing to start the GC process.

But looks like I may not have sufficient time left. Is this correct?

Thanks

Thanks for all the responses.

I do not have labor process started. My current company is unable to sponsor my GC. That is the reason I am trying to see if I can join some other company willing to start the GC process.

But looks like I may not have sufficient time left. Is this correct?

Thanks

10 Months may be enough time. File a transfer and join th enew company once you get the filing receipt of H1. PERM LC usually takes less than a month. 140 can also be approved in a short time (couple of months). Not sure but I think there is a premium processing for 140 also. So you have time provided everything goes thru easily.

10 Months may be enough time. File a transfer and join th enew company once you get the filing receipt of H1.
PERM LC usually takes less than a month. 140 can also be approved in a short time (couple of months). Not sure but I think there is a premium processing for 140 also. So you have time provided everything goes thru easily.

At this time PERM is taking time DOL tries to find if US employer had layoff recently (this is due to economy)
No premium processing for I-140 at this time.
Many I-140 are pending more than 6months and not approved.
** is has nothing to discourage the OP.

You can do premium processing if you are nearing the end of your H1B, so definitively try to find a new sponsor and file the LC. Please not that you do not have to join them. You are only obligated to work for them AFTER the I-485 is approved. The GC is for a FUTURE position.