• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Hi everyone, I have been selected for interview at Auckland for September, I am looking to get together all my documents now, regarding the police certificate is it accurate that I should be submitting a visa vetting request with the nz police? they then send this certificate to the auckland embassy? please let me know if i'm getting that wrong, I've seen in some OC forums that there has been mistakes getting the wrong police certificates

Hello all! I’m OC26xx with my embassy set to London as I live over here in the UK. I would love to hear when July 2NLs (September interviews) get sent for Sydney or even for London if anyone in the forum is in a similar situation as me. Very anxiously waiting for mine as I’m so close to the cut off I’m worried they won’t get to me Thanks and good luck to all!

Hello all! I’m OC26xx with my embassy set to London as I live over here in the UK. I would love to hear when July 2NLs (September interviews) get sent for Sydney or even for London if anyone in the forum is in a similar situation as me. Very anxiously waiting for mine as I’m so close to the cut off I’m worried they won’t get to me Thanks and good luck to all!
There's been a few sent this week. They're still "In Transit", so I can't know for sure, but the range (early 20xx) indicates that's Sydney or Auckland.

Hi. We’re Sydney embassy and CN20XX and no word of an interview yet, is that the same for everyone else around our CN range?

Hi. We’re Sydney embassy and CN20XX and no word of an interview yet, is that the same for everyone else around our CN range?
Have you checked your selection page? Your selection letter gets replaced with the interview notice -it’s been some years since I was selected but the interview letter was up on the site a few days before we got the email to check the site.

Have you checked your selection page? Your selection letter gets replaced with the interview notice -it’s been some years since I was selected but the interview letter was up on the site a few days before we got the email to check the site.
Thank you. I checked first thing this morning and it was still the selection letter. I’ll keep checking though, thanks for the heads up.

Hi everyone, I have been selected for interview at Auckland for September, I am looking to get together all my documents now, regarding the police certificate is it accurate that I should be submitting a visa vetting request with the nz police? they then send this certificate to the auckland embassy? please let me know if i'm getting that wrong, I've seen in some OC forums that there has been mistakes getting the wrong police certificates

Yes, that is exactly what you need to do. They send it directly to the consulate.

There is guidance for it on the NZ Police Website

United States of America​

The Police Vetting Service only processes vetting requests for immigrant visa ‘green card’ applications. If applying for a non-immigrant visa, please apply to the Ministry of Justice for a Criminal Record Check.
The arrangement between the United States authorities and the Police Vetting Service is that all results for US visa vetting requests will be e-mailed to the US Consulate General in Auckland (AucklandIV@state.gov(link sends e-mail)), regardless of where the visa application has been lodged.
The Auckland Consulate is then responsible for forwarding the results to the relevant consulate/embassy or the National Visa Centre as required.
To help reduce delays, please include your US visa application case number (e.g. ACK2017958275) on the form in the section ‘Which country is this letter being requested for?’, and the address for the office where the visa is being processed.
Once your request has been processed by the Police Vetting Service, please direct any further queries to the US Consulate General in Auckland. Contact details can be found here: https://nz.usembassy.gov/contact/#consulateauckland(link is external)
Neither the Police Vetting Service nor the US authorities can provide a copy of the result to the applicant. If you are required to bring a criminal record check result to your visa interview, you will need to request a Criminal Record Check from the Ministry of Justice.

Only Suva cases are ready. There are 8 cases which are still in transit. @Britsimon mentioned 4 of those cases were for Auckland. So far nothing for Sydney yet.

SYD just marked 4 cases as READY – one AS region and 3 OC. The numbers for the OC region are:

2024OC2002
2024OC2032
2024OC2045

As you can see, although the VB went crazy high, SYD didn’t go that far – not even close. SUV on the other hand took cases to nearly 2600. That’s kinda unfair – but that is probably how it will end.

At this point both SYD and LND took cases. LND took 1 OC case: 2024OC2362

SYD just marked 4 cases as READY – one AS region and 3 OC. The numbers for the OC region are:

2024OC2002
2024OC2032
2024OC2045

As you can see, although the VB went crazy high, SYD didn’t go that far – not even close. SUV on the other hand took cases to nearly 2600. That’s kinda unfair – but that is probably how it will end.
So disheartening - we are probably the next case number

2024OC2002
2024OC2032
2024OC2045

In your opinion do you think Sydney are done with interviews now?

In your opinion do you think Sydney are done with interviews now?

Yes probably, but there would be no harm in emailing them.

OC will smash the quota now anyway, and asking SYD why they can't be more like SUV would seem like an understandable question.

Just as an update (cause SYD is very lazy with marking their cases ready...), the final tally so far is 1 AF, 13 AS, 3 OC in SYD for September.

Hi guys! :D

Joining in on this forum. I have been selected for DV2025 Oceania and have a CN7xx, submitted my DS-260 in July.

Quick Q about the photos...? I might be panicking for no reason, but know that the requirement of the photo in entry should be no more than 6 months old, I submitted my digital photo (which is also used in my current passport) which is couple years old, though I look still the same. Does anyone know if this might be an issue?

I see that embassy interview we are required to bring in new 2 photos, guessing that these are the ones that will be used, and the photo on entrant is not of significance?

Thank you, and good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Just as an update (cause SYD is very lazy with marking their cases ready...), the final tally so far is 1 AF, 13 AS, 3 OC in SYD for September.
Interesting. Do you have an idea how many AS cases as % of OC are usually scheduled there? Guess this is a reflection of Australia’s immigrant-friendly policies.

Interesting. Do you have an idea how many AS cases as % of OC are usually scheduled there? Guess this is a reflection of Australia’s immigrant-friendly policies.
% of total cases scheduled by region
AFASEUNA OCSA
FY236%27%10%0%55%0.5%
FY245.5%21%5%0%67%0.7%