• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

How soon did everyone get all their documents organised? (All the residential clearances from O/S countries and getting medical vaccinations etc before you had a visa appointment confirmed?) I'm hesitant to start the process and part $ without it being confirmed, do you find it enough time to get everything together when a visa embassy interview is confirmed?

Anyone from DV2025 have invitation to interview confirmed? Or is it too soon? Thank you

Ok thank you. My sons are at uni so they may need to go a few months later. So you think it’s fine for them not to travel with me.
As long as you have already entered and they enter before their visas expire they will be fine.

Hi , we are asked to carry an express post prepaid satchel to the Sydney Consulate for the interview.
But the details of the size of the satchel are not specified. Any idea what size it should be?
Should we be carrying 2 satchels (1 for the principal applicant and one for the derivative) or just one in total for the both of us?

Also, I did read about a Yellow sealed visa packet, would that be given to us right after the interview or is that separately shipped to our address too?

I'm super confused and hoping someone here can help. I won the 2024 lottery with case number 1395. However, as I was working in the US on an E3 visa that had to be renewed in a few months I chose not to apply for a green card. Fast forward to this week and I've been laid off from my job here so would love to be able to apply. I note all visas have to be granted by Sept 30. Am I too late to be able to get the DS-260 processed and have an interview before then?? Thanks so much from a very stressed Aussie

I'm super confused and hoping someone here can help. I won the 2024 lottery with case number 1395. However, as I was working in the US on an E3 visa that had to be renewed in a few months I chose not to apply for a green card. Fast forward to this week and I've been laid off from my job here so would love to be able to apply. I note all visas have to be granted by Sept 30. Am I too late to be able to get the DS-260 processed and have an interview before then?? Thanks so much from a very stressed Aussie
It’s too late for consular processing. What is your current status in the US? Have you actually ended employment or just been notified it will happen? I’m not familiar with E3 - does E3 status end when employment terminates? (There’s a chance you might have time to adjust status if still in status but it will be very tight given what you’d have to organize, and you’d run the risk of paying all the fees but potentially running out of time, so it will partly depend on what level of risk you’re willing to accept.)

W
Hi , we are asked to carry an express post prepaid satchel to the Sydney Consulate for the interview.
But the details of the size of the satchel are not specified. Any idea what size it should be?
Should we be carrying 2 satchels (1 for the principal applicant and one for the derivative) or just one in total for the both of us?

Also, I did read about a Yellow sealed visa packet, would that be given to us right after the interview or is that separately shipped to our address too?
We took 1 large express satchel to our interview (2 people). They ship everything in one envelope unless you have a big family.

How soon did everyone get all their documents organised? (All the residential clearances from O/S countries and getting medical vaccinations etc before you had a visa appointment confirmed?) I'm hesitant to start the process and part $ without it being confirmed, do you find it enough time to get everything together when a visa embassy interview is confirmed?

Anyone from DV2025 have invitation to interview confirmed? Or is it too soon? Thank you
Medical vaccinations are fast, done in one day (I did mine in Auckland CityMed).

Birth Certificate translation takes about one week (approximately 100 bucks), police certificate from Auckland police could take up to 20 days (free).

I was notified a month and a half prior to the interview, in theory that's enough time but I'm not sure for overseas police certificates.

Hi Everyone, do adults need Hep A injections? I know my daughter needs it as she's 16 but I couldn't see anywhere that adults need it only the Hep B.

@caspersunset
Also note that the embassy requires the documents to be handed in 2 weeks prior.

Hi Everyone, do adults need Hep A injections? I know my daughter needs it as she's 16 but I couldn't see anywhere that adults need it only the Hep B.
Generally the approved medical practitioner will assess if it's required, but here's the list I was provided in the notification email:
APPROXIMATE VACCINATION COSTS in New Zealand:

Varicella (chickenpox) NZ$ 140.00

MMR (over 16 years) NZ$ 45.00

Tetanus/Diphtheria NZ$ 50.00

Polio NZ$ 80.00

Hepatitis B NZ$ 47.00

Pneumococcal NZ$ 80.00

Influenza NZ$ 32.00

Lab. Tests: VDRL NZ$ 72.00

Gonorrhea NZ$ 58.00

We are approved!!!

Family of 8.
Case Number: higher end of 2024OC22xx.
Suva Embassy
We interviewed on the Tuesday, 3rd of September, 9am.

Note that there was no interviews for Suva on Monday 2nd so the first interviews for September cases was done on Tuesday. I was surprised that we got our interview early despite our number being slightly higher. We were so stressed and over prepared but overall it was a great and easy interview experience. We are picking up our passports tomorrow morning!!.

I will post our full experience on @Britsimon blog. Thanks everyone for your support especially @Britsimon @Xarthisius @SusieQQQ . You guys are the best.❤️❤️