• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

But they opened that exam and broke the envelope in several pieces. That is what is really confusing me because I don’t know if it is ok to send the same documents. Should i go to the doctor and tell them to seal the exam again?
Should I just send this on Monday again? I included in our package the Policy Memo and all documents. What can I do to prevent another rejection? All or documents are machine printed in the bottom and it I don’t l ow if we can send them again. Very confusing situation...

Re-send everything as is.
Include a cover letter like I earlier suggested.

Hey mom and everyone,
My interview has been scheduled on next tuesday
1-I have questions regarding evidence of fanancial support, do i need take one with me , if yes is it bank statement or form I 134 ? I am F1 student and my father is supporting me from back home
2- do i need to contact KCC to see if the FO requested my file or not ? Does this has anything with speeding the process ?

Thank you mom for your help

1. Yes. No harm in taking both. I-134 is highly recommended though.

2. You may contact KCC. Calling will not speed up the process, it only helps you to know your FO is on top of things.

Is this very normal to happen? Any tip to prevent it besides the cover letter?

It’s not unusual for the Chicago Lockbox to occasionally wrongfully reject a properly filed DV based AOS petition. This may be due to someone new, or not quite familiar with DV based AOS petitions processing the package.

You keep asking for “any tip” - after I’ve told you TWICE to use a cover letter in this case, like I’m holding out on some pertinent information. If I go to the trouble of putting the AOS process spreadsheet together and I stay back in this forum to answer questions day in day out, you don’t think I would have shared that if indeed there is without you prodding on and on?

It’s not unusual for the Chicago Lockbox to occasionally wrongfully reject a properly filed DV based AOS petition. This may be due to someone new, or not quite familiar with DV based AOS petitions processing the package.

You keep asking for “any tip” - after I’ve told you TWICE to use a cover letter in this case, like I’m holding out on some pertinent information. If I go to the trouble of putting the AOS process spreadsheet together and I stay back in this forum to answer questions day in day out, you don’t think I would have shared that if indeed there is without you prodding on and on?

Of course not! I really appreciate your help as everyone does. These situations are stressful for everyone and that is why sometimes we keep asking again and again. Sorry if that sounded disrespectful or persistent to you, that was not my intention.
I have followed your spreadsheet instructions and all your tips, they are really straightforward. And yes, these situations happen but the “how to proceed” is strange. All our documents stapled and so, that is why I insisted. You normally give super detailed answers and that was not the case. I know it was late yesterday and early this morning. And was even sourprised you answer. So please, accept my apologies if you think it was disrespectful. I was only asking for any additional tip as “reorganize the documents this way” or “include this statement in the cover letter”. That was it.
Thanks

Of course not! I really appreciate your help as everyone does. These situations are stressful for everyone and that is why sometimes we keep asking again and again. Sorry if that sounded disrespectful or persistent to you, that was not my intention.
I have followed your spreadsheet instructions and all your tips, they are really straightforward. And yes, these situations happen but the “how to proceed” is strange. All our documents stapled and so, that is why I insisted. You normally give super detailed answers and that was not the case. I know it was late yesterday and early this morning. And was even sourprised you answer. So please, accept my apologies if you think it was disrespectful. I was only asking for any additional tip as “reorganize the documents this way” or “include this statement in the cover letter”. That was it.
Thanks
I don't know if what I did made any difference, but I can share how I sent my package:

1. At the very top I put yellow/orange sheet of paper with the following text in the box:

2018 DV LOTTERY-based Adjustment of Status application ─ Original Submission
Co-filing forms I-485, G-1145 (2 applicants)

PLEASE DO NOT REJECT IN THE MAIL ROOM

Attached please find a memo PM-602-0088 dated 08/09/2013
Acceptance of Diversity Visa-Related I-485 Applications During the Advance Notification Period Reflected in the Visa Bulletin
as well as DHS explanation dated 01/11/2018
Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

2. Next thing underneath was said Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program with relevant parts highlighted.
3. Then I had a cover letter that at the bottom included a following blurb (in bold):

Please be advised that the above package is being submitted on the basis of the Diversity Visa cut off number listed on the Advanced Notification section of the March 2018 Visa Bulletin, the priority date for my case number is April 01, 2018. The USCIS Policy Memorandum PM-602-088 Acceptance of Diversity Visa-Related I-485 Applications During the Advance Notification Period Reflected in the Visa Bulletin dated August 9th, 2013 is enclosed.

4. Remaining documents (including memo)...
I hope that helps!

But they opened that exam and broke the envelope in several pieces. That is what is really confusing me because I don’t know if it is ok to send the same documents. Should i go to the doctor and tell them to seal the exam again?
Should I just send this on Monday again? I included in our package the Policy Memo and all documents. What can I do to prevent another rejection? All or documents are machine printed in the bottom and it I don’t l ow if we can send them again. Very confusing situation...
I think, maybe it's better to make an appointment (i.e. INFOPASS) and ask them questions about your package?

Thanks

Of course I understand how stressful this process is, which is why I’m doing everything I can to demystify it. I went through the process, as a matter of fact I was a complete novice too when I got selected and my very first question in this forum went unanswered (still is by the way).

If you ask specific questions, you will get specific and sometimes “super detailed answers” if I think it is required. I haven’t seen your returned package, I have no way of knowing in what state it was returned, you didn’t provide that information so how can I give tips on that? And I did say to explain you’re a DV 2018 selectee in my first response in which I asked you to include a cover letter!

Anyway, @Xarthisius has provided further information you may find useful.

I think, maybe it's better to make an appointment (i.e. INFOPASS) and ask them questions about your package?

An INFOPASS at this stage is a waste of time! The package was rejected before it got to the FO, the FO therefore cannot provide any information as to why it was rejected.

People should not trivialize going on an INFOPASS, it makes it difficult for others with genuine reasons to get an appointment in a timely manner.

Hi All,

Our Interview Experience :

We got our interview date scheduled on 23rd March which is on Friday. However, Memphis FO website says they are closed on Fridays (opens Emergency Only). We decided to visit FO on 21 March (Wednesday) , the lady on the front desk told us we can come on Friday for the interview day.

Interview day :
Interview of my spouse and me scheduled at 10 AM and 10:30 AM respectively, we arrived at the FO at 9:25 AM. We were called in by a lady officer for interview together around 9:50 AM. She was polite. After taking the oath she asked for our passports and Driver's licenses. She took our pictures and finger prints of index fingers of both hands. She asked for our original birth certificates and marriage certificate only. She then went through I-485 and all the YES/NO questions. At the end she said our case is approved and she needs to look for visa availability, and our GCs will be mailed within 2 weeks. The whole interview was really quick and took less than 20 minutes.

I will update once The GCs are in our mailbox.

I would like to thank Sm1smom, for her selfless work, without her it would be very hard for us to do this AOS thing on our own.

So what do you think an immigration lawyer can do for your case that you can’t do on your own based on all the information you’ve already been provided with here? Do you have some specific situation that makes you ineligible for AOS?
I am worried I only have a tax return for 2017 for financials Isn't that risky?. I'm deeply worried

Hi All,

Our Interview Experience :

We got our interview date scheduled on 23rd March which is on Friday. However, Memphis FO website says they are closed on Fridays (opens Emergency Only). We decided to visit FO on 21 March (Wednesday) , the lady on the front desk told us we can come on Friday for the interview day.

Interview day :
Interview of my spouse and me scheduled at 10 AM and 10:30 AM respectively, we arrived at the FO at 9:25 AM. We were called in by a lady officer for interview together around 9:50 AM. She was polite. After taking the oath she asked for our passports and Driver's licenses. She took our pictures and finger prints of index fingers of both hands. She asked for our original birth certificates and marriage certificate only. She then went through I-485 and all the YES/NO questions. At the end she said our case is approved and she needs to look for visa availability, and our GCs will be mailed within 2 weeks. The whole interview was really quick and took less than 20 minutes.

I will update once The GCs are in our mailbox.

I would like to thank Sm1smom, for her selfless work, without her it would be very hard for us to do this AOS thing on our own.
When did you file?

I just received a letter from USCIS asking me to mail my medical exam results. Does that mean they are ready to interview me? If say I get my interview in April, would I have enough time to file a follow to join application for my spouse or is it too late already? Thanks.

I guess if I was charging some fee for what I do here, you would have listened to me and saved yourself that first trip to the FO, innit? :rolleyes:

Oh well! Congratulations.

I am worried I only have a tax return for 2017 for financials Isn't that risky?. I'm deeply worried

You’re worried because you only have one year’s tax return and would hire a lawyer because of that? What do you think the lawyer will do?

Just calm down and send what you have. You’re not expected to produce what you don’t have.

What’s your current status? Is your current income above the poverty guide applicable to you? Are you currently working?

I just received a letter from USCIS asking me to mail my medical exam results. Does that mean they are ready to interview me? If say I get my interview in April, would I have enough time to file a follow to join application for my spouse or is it too late already? Thanks.

Wait, you didn’t include the medical exam result with the AOS package you sent in?

You got an RFE for an incomplete package, an unnecessary step in a stressful enough as is process! My guess is your FO was probably ready to adjudicate your petition without an interview until they found out the medical exam result was missing.

As for your spouse’s FTJ, I really don’t know (like I stated in my previous response) since you didn’t submit the DS260 form.

I don't know if what I did made any difference, but I can share how I sent my package:

1. At the very top I put yellow/orange sheet of paper with the following text in the box:

2018 DV LOTTERY-based Adjustment of Status application ─ Original Submission
Co-filing forms I-485, G-1145 (2 applicants)

PLEASE DO NOT REJECT IN THE MAIL ROOM

Attached please find a memo PM-602-0088 dated 08/09/2013
Acceptance of Diversity Visa-Related I-485 Applications During the Advance Notification Period Reflected in the Visa Bulletin
as well as DHS explanation dated 01/11/2018
Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

2. Next thing underneath was said Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program with relevant parts highlighted.
3. Then I had a cover letter that at the bottom included a following blurb (in bold):

Please be advised that the above package is being submitted on the basis of the Diversity Visa cut off number listed on the Advanced Notification section of the March 2018 Visa Bulletin, the priority date for my case number is April 01, 2018. The USCIS Policy Memorandum PM-602-088 Acceptance of Diversity Visa-Related I-485 Applications During the Advance Notification Period Reflected in the Visa Bulletin dated August 9th, 2013 is enclosed.

4. Remaining documents (including memo)...
I hope that helps!

Thanks! This is what I am doing on Monday, following Mom's tips.

Wait, you didn’t include the medical exam result with the AOS package you sent in?

You got an RFE for an incomplete package, an unnecessary step in a stressful enough as is process! My guess is your FO was probably ready to adjudicate your petition without an interview until they found out the medical exam result was missing.

As for your spouse’s FTJ, I really don’t know (like I stated in my previous response) since you didn’t submit the DS260 form.
Yeah, the USCIS approved doctor in my area didn't have an appointment until after I had sent my AOS package.