Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you filed I-824 Follow to Join Application at Nebraska Service Center during 2007 or 2008, and it has been fortunately approved, please provide your timelines.

Hello guys, I didn't come to this site for a while....in a nutshell...

My follow to join for my wife is still on rolling:

1) Applied for I-824, to notify the Consulate about you GC status
2) Approved I-824 from Texas, USA
3) Sent the packet 3 to the Consulate along with the I824 approval, and required documents and Cover letter to initiate f2J for my wife.

So now I am waiting for the dates to become current as the consulate can setup an appointment and will call for an interview.

So in the above process, I am waiting for the current dates and now as October's bulletin released, I was so excited to check, and when I saw this morning I was so disappointed as the dates for India, EB3 is 01-Jul-01, my PD is 01-Jul-03. Two yrs behind ..... :-(

Do u guys think it will take another two yrs????? Your input is greatly appreciated.... Is there any way that she can visit USA meanwhile?

follow to join

Yes ,as visitor,if you can send all documents with a cover letter stating in details why you want to invite her .But usually they don't want to allow the future immigrants,so your spouse have to prove a strong tie in her own country and convince the consulate officer that she will go back .I'm in the same boat,applied for my son and husband in Kolkata consulate,they approve visitor visa,so you can try.

Yes ,as visitor,if you can send all documents with a cover letter stating in details why you want to invite her .But usually they don't want to allow the future immigrants,so your spouse have to prove a strong tie in her own country and convince the consulate officer that she will go back .I'm in the same boat,applied for my son and husband in Kolkata consulate,they approve visitor visa,so you can try.

Thank you memsaheb.... then if i try for visiting visa and if they denied then it will on the passport and when he goes for follow to join interview it might be a problem right? do u think it is a risk?

any one any input in this regard is highly appreciated.

follow-to-join - clarification??

I have an employment based GC. My wife's & daughters name was added on to I-140 just before the GC was issued. Their GC is processed under follow-to-join at London Consulate.

I received my GC on May 15, 08. I have received an approved petition I-824 (Application For Action on an approved application)on July 11,08. I am applying for Consular processing for my wife & daughter (both UK citizen) at London consulate. The priority date is April 30, 2001.

Questions:
1. does this approved I-824 go through NVC? I called NVC and they have no record.

2. will the USCIS mail the approved I-824 directly to london embassy? If so, what is the time line?

3. do I need to follow-up with the consulate in London or will they automatically send the appointment letter for the interview?

Can someone please explain the processs for consular processing in London for British citizens?

Guys,

My I-824 application was approved in Nov2007 and sent to Japan embassy. However consulate is saying they never received it. When attorney checked with USCIS they
say it's already sent to consulate, please check with consulate. Consulate says they
cannot do anything until they receive the approval from USCIS. I don't know how to solve this issue.. Anybody else has similar experiences?

You would have received your copy of approval. Ask the embassy if they can act on the approval notice with additional evidence / supporting documentation.

kamrans and All...

I got a friend who needs help. She's has now the finger printing appointment for her GC. She got married yesterday here in the US. Her husband has a Student Visa. My questions are:

1.) she need to file for 824, now or after GC approval?
2.) or does she need to file 824? if not, what should she do next?
3.) does her husband need to return to the philippines for the interview or processing? or all should be here?

she need advices on what to do...

thanks.

jude

stuck_n_us

Hi stuck_n_us,

You need to follow up with the US embassy in London, ASAP. Write a letter to them stating that you got your GC and you are initiating a follow to join for your family, include a COPY of your approved 824, birth cert. of your children and wife, marriage cert., your GC(submit packet 3 requirements, search this thread for packet 3 requirements). Find my post regarding the documents and letter I've sent to my embassy. If your PD is current, it will not take long for your family to be with you.

God Bless.

Jude

I have an employment based GC. My wife's & daughters name was added on to I-140 just before the GC was issued. Their GC is processed under follow-to-join at London Consulate.

I received my GC on May 15, 08. I have received an approved petition I-824 (Application For Action on an approved application)on July 11,08. I am applying for Consular processing for my wife & daughter (both UK citizen) at London consulate. The priority date is April 30, 2001.

Questions:
1. does this approved I-824 go through NVC? I called NVC and they have no record.

2. will the USCIS mail the approved I-824 directly to london embassy? If so, what is the time line?

3. do I need to follow-up with the consulate in London or will they automatically send the appointment letter for the interview?

Can someone please explain the processs for consular processing in London for British citizens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazygal

There's no harm in trying for a visitors visa. It will not affect their FTJ case if they were denied for visitors visa. If your wife has a strong ties with your country, 99% she will be approved with a VV.

God Bless.

jude

Hello guys, I didn't come to this site for a while....in a nutshell...

My follow to join for my wife is still on rolling:

1) Applied for I-824, to notify the Consulate about you GC status
2) Approved I-824 from Texas, USA
3) Sent the packet 3 to the Consulate along with the I824 approval, and required documents and Cover letter to initiate f2J for my wife.

So now I am waiting for the dates to become current as the consulate can setup an appointment and will call for an interview.

So in the above process, I am waiting for the current dates and now as October's bulletin released, I was so excited to check, and when I saw this morning I was so disappointed as the dates for India, EB3 is 01-Jul-01, my PD is 01-Jul-03. Two yrs behind ..... :-(

Do u guys think it will take another two yrs????? Your input is greatly appreciated.... Is there any way that she can visit USA meanwhile?

I got a friend who needs help. She's has now the finger printing appointment for her GC. She got married yesterday here in the US. Her husband has a Student Visa. My questions are:

1.) she need to file for 824, now or after GC approval?
2.) or does she need to file 824? if not, what should she do next?
3.) does her husband need to return to the philippines for the interview or processing? or all should be here?

she need advices on what to do...

thanks.

jude

I-824 is follow to join for the spouse who is outside of the US. In your case, looks like she needs to add her husband to her pending I-485, or file a dependent I-485 for the husband.

There's no harm in trying for a visitors visa. It will not affect their FTJ case if they were denied for visitors visa. If your wife has a strong ties with your country, 99% she will be approved with a VV.

God Bless.

jude

Thank you Judex. We will try then....

As per Published timelines for Nebraska Service Center, NSC, the processing time lines published on Sept 28th are still April 14, 2007.

I think the USCIS department responsible for I-824 processing is either on long vacation, or has ben fired for their incompetency.

Find below the trend and higher service standards that Nebraska Service Center in maintaining at our expense.

Hi Kamrans and all,

I wish to see NSC to actually process the I-824 (To request a duplicate approval notice, to request approval notice to another U.S. Consulate, and to request notice to a U.S. Consulate for derivative visas to family members.), Follow to Join applications, specially after the 100% increase in the processing fee last year on the pretext to improve the processing times and efficiency.

In reality, the situation is totally opposite to what NSC claims with no accountability of this white elephant.

I have put together the NSC posted processing dates showing the performance of "hard working officers" at NSC starting Jan 2008 to see the progress of the Service Center below.

USCIS Nebraska Service Center

USCIS Reporting Date | I-824 Processing Date Reported
Jan 15, 2008 | Feb 13, 2007
Feb 15, 2008 | Feb 20, 2007
Apr 15, 2008 | Mar 26, 2007
May 15, 2008 | Apr 08, 2007
Jun 15, 2008 | Apr 08, 2007
Jul 15, 2008 | Apr 11, 2007
Aug 15, 2008 | Mar 06, 2007
Sep 15, 2008 | Apr 14, 2007
Sept 28 2008 | Apr 14, 2007

So actually there is no progress in the last eight months at NSC in processing the I-824 FTJ fee paid applications. As on Jan 15, they were processing Feb 13 applications and on Aug 15th (actually posted on Aug 30th), they are still processing Mar 06 cases.

Were they on vacation for the rest of 8.5 months?

Thus the total progress is 21 days for the last eight months. Further, From May till August, The reported dates were just an eyewash as August processing dates show the date older to the date posted on Apr 15. In contrast to NSC, Texas Service Center in processing I-824 filed in Jan/Feb 2008.

Great Job USCIS-NSC.... Let see the annual report for FY2008... another eyewash.

Need advice on bringing spouse

I am on EAD since 3+ years, I485 is pending. My H1B expired 05/2008.
I am getting married in Dec.
What are my options to get a visa for her.
Should i go back to h1b, is it possible.
Should i apply follow to join
I am confused.
Any help is welcome!!

Thank you

Hi there co threaders!

Just arrived from my vacation in the Phils to be with my family! It was so shocking to receive a letter from the US embassy in Manila that my dependents case will be cancelled due to failure to reply to a certain notification that they have sent my dependents of which we really havent received any....

The letter which they have sent as noted in that letter was Sept 6, 2007, which was the date of the consulate interview that my family had last year but they were just told that they have to wait for the visas as soon as our priority will be current....

Really it was sad to read this,, it seems a long wait indeed,,

I have sent a letter to the embassy with enclosures already but still no light coming from the dark,,, no updates,, will this be worth it my friends?

I continue to praise GOD and put my hope in HIM alone!!
take care my friends,, may our prayers be answered soon!
Simala 2006

Simala

wow, i can't imagine these things happening... hmmmm... as if the interview with your family did not happen, and no records in the embassy... hmmmm... maybe there is a visa for your family that day and they made an error? it can happen... YM me Simala...

Just arrived from my vacation in the Phils to be with my family! It was so shocking to receive a letter from the US embassy in Manila that my dependents case will be cancelled due to failure to reply to a certain notification that they have sent my dependents of which we really havent received any....

The letter which they have sent as noted in that letter was Sept 6, 2007, which was the date of the consulate interview that my family had last year but they were just told that they have to wait for the visas as soon as our priority will be current....

Really it was sad to read this,, it seems a long wait indeed,,

I have sent a letter to the embassy with enclosures already but still no light coming from the dark,,, no updates,, will this be worth it my friends?

I continue to praise GOD and put my hope in HIM alone!!
take care my friends,, may our prayers be answered soon!
Simala 2006

Newly posted processing date for 824 in NSC is June 2, 2008, moving about one and half month from last month. And it is one week from my 824 receipt date. I will keep you guys updated if there is anything new with my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.