Processing time for green card based on asylum

Updates on the green card application for the wife and kids: Applied in June 2023, last update is fingerprints taken. Efforts to expedite due to urgent travel denied, advised to apply for a travel document instead. Located in San Antonio.
Hi ,
I applied March 2023 and still waiting . I applied for my husband and my child.

Updates on the green card application for the wife and kids: Applied in June 2023, last update is fingerprints taken. Efforts to expedite due to urgent travel denied, advised to apply for a travel document instead. Located in San Antonio.
Expediting the green process could be impossible! The USCIS could expedite anything else but not the i-485 unless you have a solid reason to benefit the US government like you’re a doctor who’s aiming to join the US army but the GC needed first to able to be accepted so in that case i have seen them get approved real quick after you get first accepted by the army and only the GC is the issue!

Expediting the green process could be impossible! The USCIS could expedite anything else but not the i-485 unless you have a solid reason to benefit the US government like you’re a doctor who’s aiming to join the US army but the GC needed first to able to be accepted so in that case i have seen them get approved real quick after you get first accepted by the army and only the GC is the issue!
I hate to agree with this, but You are correct.
Even my senator told me that it’s very difficult to expedite a green card application unless it’s a matter of life or death or something very critical.
I guess we are all stuck and stumped.

Hello, I applied for asylum in 2016 and My application was approved in June 2023. I want to apply for a green card now. what forms do I have to fill and what do I need to fill them (Photo,...)? Is there any way or any combined form to apply for a travel document at the same time as this green card?

Hello, I applied for asylum in 2016 and My application was approved in June 2023. I want to apply for a green card now. what forms do I have to fill and what do I need to fill them (Photo,...)? Is there any way or any combined form to apply for a travel document at the same time as this green card?
You need to send I-485, I-131, I-765, G1145 and the medical exams before April 1 with proof of one residency, photos, I-94, approval letter , ID and birth certificate.

Do what Eherrera advised you, but you wasted 9 months. You should have applied soon after your got your approval. In that case till this you would have completed 9 months. And now as per new processing time, I485 based on asylum takes 13 months to approve. Now you will have to wait for another year. By doing this, you lost one precious years for citizenship.

Do what Eherrera advised you, but you wasted 9 months. You should have applied soon after your got your approval. In that case till this you would have completed 9 months. And now as per new processing time, I485 based on asylum takes 13 months to approve. Now you will have to wait for another year. By doing this, you lost one precious years for citizenship.
Not necessarily waisted. One person recently got rejection notice, because he applied and uscis got to his 485 application before 1 year mark.

Not necessarily waisted. One person recently got rejection notice, because he applied and uscis got to his 485 application before 1 year mark.
No. I disagree because as per USCIS new amendment year 2022 , at the time of adjudication of the application, one year of residency condition must be fulfilled. If the criteria is met then they will not deny the case.

No. I disagree because as per USCIS new amendment year 2022 , at the time of adjudication of the application, one year of residency condition must be fulfilled. If the criteria is met then they will not deny the case.
looks like now they only care about the Green cards based on marriage to US citizens right now as i see folks get their case done in 3-5 weeks only!!!and the gc for asylees slowed down wayyyy too much in the last 3-4 months

Do i need interview for GC Asylum based? I heard if they send REF for medical exam means no interview, in case of interview what kind of questions they ask do i have fight again for the case OH LORD

Do i need interview for GC Asylum based? I heard if they send REF for medical exam means no interview, in case of interview what kind of questions they ask do i have fight again for the case OH LORD
There is no link between RFE and interview. RFE is all about they are asking to proved more evidence. It all a depends upon your case and USCIS either they need to interview or not.

Hello everyone, is there any interview for i730 petitioner? I know there is interview for beneficiaries, please confirm

You need to send I-485, I-131, I-765, G1145 and the medical exams before April 1 with proof of one residency, photos, I-94, approval letter , ID and birth certificate.
do I have to fill all these forms separately or they are all in the form i-485? how can I get information on these steps? and how can I get information on how to get the medical examination(which Drs?) I'm in California so to file these forms we should mail them to USCIS? there is no way we file it online? Do I have to file I-765 again even though I received the new EAD a few months ago after I got approved for my asylum status?

Last edited:
do I have to fill all these forms separately or they are all in the form i-485? how can I get information on these steps? and how can I get information on how to get the medical examination(which Drs?)
fill out all forms, each form has a lot of pages , read the instructions, in YouTube you can find videos that will help you fill out the forms , separate the forms with a different color paper , included in the package a cover letter with a list of all forms and all documents included on the package is going to be a thick file. Make sure to include all information needed , ask someone to look at the forms to look for any error you might have , make sure to send a money order or check , a lot of banks reject the payment because don’t recognize USCIS. Ask questions in this forum if you have any questions don’t forget to submit the medical exams and then submit your package before April. I almost forget make copies of the whole package , is always good to have copies of all documents you might need in the future, you never know.

fill out all forms, each form has a lot of pages , read the instructions, in YouTube you can find videos that will help you fill out the forms , separate the forms with a different color paper , included in the package a cover letter with a list of all forms and all documents included on the package is going to be a thick file. Make sure to include all information needed , ask someone to look at the forms to look for any error you might have , make sure to send a money order or check , a lot of banks reject the payment because don’t recognize USCIS. Ask questions in this forum if you have any questions don’t forget to submit the medical exams and then submit your package before April. I almost forget make copies of the whole package , is always good to have copies of all documents you might need in the future, you never know.
thank you so much. Do I have to file I-765 again even though I received the new EAD a few months ago after I got approved for my asylum status?

thank you so much. Do I have to file I-765 again even though I received the new EAD a few months ago after I got approved for my asylum status?
Technically you don’t need it but let me tell you something, file your I-765 just because not all institutions and employers have the knowledge of the I-94. I got tired to request the supervisor , to get mad because some places did not want to take the I-94 . So to make my life easier I just decided to file for the I-765 remember the category is A5 and not C9 .

Technically you don’t need it but let me tell you something, file your I-765 just because not all institutions and employers have the knowledge of the I-94. I got tired to request the supervisor , to get mad because some places did not want to take the I-94 . So to make my life easier I just decided to file for the I-765 remember the category is A5 and not C9 .
@Eherrera did you get your GC yet? What about your travel doc and your work permit? And if you don’t mind what is your timeline?