2022 SF Asylum Seekers

Got my EAD mid April,thankfully the clock did not stop during the file transfer from TX to SF,however no news on the interview.How are you SF guys doing,is there any non -Afghan applicant who has attended interview recently?
Whats going on w/ ppl from afghan?

Hello guys, I would appreciate further information from you guys regarding my case.

1. I have gone through the interview back in January 2022. Decision has been pending since then.
2. Emailed SF office and I have been told that every case is unique and they dont know the timeline yet in terms of result of my Interview.
3. I have currently working based on ead cars which I have received due to this asylum decision pending.

4. My ead will expire on may 2024. What would be my option on terms of extend my ead card, and can I apply early? What is the current eta for ead peocessing for my kind of case?

5. Finally, any suggestion regarding how to expedite my case now?

Thanks and i would be so grateful if someone can answer this questions.

Hello guys, I would appreciate further information from you guys regarding my case.

1. I have gone through the interview back in January 2022. Decision has been pending since then.
2. Emailed SF office and I have been told that every case is unique and they dont know the timeline yet in terms of result of my Interview.
3. I have currently working based on ead cars which I have received due to this asylum decision pending.

4. My ead will expire on may 2024. What would be my option on terms of extend my ead card, and can I apply early? What is the current eta for ead peocessing for my kind of case?

5. Finally, any suggestion regarding how to expedite my case now?

Thanks and i would be so grateful if someone can answer this questions.
Contact to your congressman or senator. They will help you in getting your decision. If your EAD is will expire in May 2024, you need to send your renewal 6 months before expiry, that means you need to send your renewal in the last week of NOV, 2023.

@seeker512,

This is the 2nd time I am receiving the same message from USCIS through my congressman. i did interview since July 2022

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate that your constituent was interviewed by the San Francisco Asylum Office and the application is still pending.

An asylum application may require additional time to be adjudicated after an initial asylum interview for several reasons including awaiting background and security check results, and/or requiring a re-interview. Additionally, the need to reassign staff to high priority workloads, such as protection screenings for detained noncitizens, may also be a reason for delaying the adjudication. Please be assured that your constituent’s application has not been overlooked.

To ensure your constituents receive correspondence from USCIS and avoid unnecessary delays, they must inform USCIS of any change of address within 10 days of moving. Your constituent may find information on how to report a change of address to USCIS

Hey guys ,

The asylum case was changed to decision mailed and then a few hours later update to fingerprints ware taken but no fees ware waived .Any one can help what dose mean ? Thank you !

Hey guys ,

The asylum case was changed to decision mailed and then a few hours later update to fingerprints ware taken but no fees ware waived .Any one can help what dose mean ? Thank you !
It means, Your case has been approved.

Hey Guys,

Is there any update on interview scheduling in SF office.

Thanks
nothing so far,mine pending at SF Asylum office since Oct'22, I applied for intvw expedite because of health reasons but denied. I heard they havent conducted any intvs for some time in most of the Asylum offices. Would like to hear from others who experience differently and have had interview recently.

Hi guys, i'm new here. Any ideas how long does it take to get an interwiev?
I seeked asylum at SFO on May 2022.
Biometrics on July 2022
EAD came on January 2023
Short notice list August 2023
Expedited (health reasons) September 2023

And still waiting.. No response to any of my applications..

hi all,
I applied in Houston in Oct’21 and after biometrics in Nov i have moved to San Francisco,so my case has been transferred but no interview so far,anybody who has got intvw recently in SFO?How is the progress in that office,some say except for Afghan and Ukrainian applications,interviews have almost come to a stop.
Thanks
yes, i heard that from couple different lawyers.

yes, i heard that from couple different lawyers.
I applied at San Francisco Oct 22,expediting attempt due to health reasons made and denied in June 23,name added to shortlist in July 23,still waiting..Heard from asylum lawyer that Uscis interviews almost came to a halt and cases not moving forward..I am really curious to hear others experiences

I applied at San Francisco Oct 22,expediting attempt due to health reasons made and denied in June 23,name added to shortlist in July 23,still waiting..Heard from asylum lawyer that Uscis interviews almost came to a halt and cases not moving forward..I am really curious to hear others experiences
did you receive a denial for your expedite? they did not send me anything..