• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

@Sm1smom, We received the Transfer Notice letters stating that our applications were transferred to National Benefits Center on July 29. Today, I asked Emma live agent about the status of our applications, and I was told the Memphis Field Office is processing our cases. However, we live in New York and our field office should be in New York. If they have provided the correct information, I'd like to ask if it is possible for the application to be transferred to a Filed Office in a different state or if this is just another mistake transfer that I should deal with! Thank you for your help.
Yes, it is possible for case files to be transferred to another FO which originally has no jurisdiction over an applicant's home address. They sometimes do this when trying to do a load re-balance.

Yes, it is possible for case files to be transferred to another FO which originally has no jurisdiction over an applicant's home address. They sometimes do this when trying to do a load re-balance.

Thank you for your response. In such cases, is the interview usually waived or the applications are finally transferred to the local field office for an interview?

Thank you for your response. In such cases, is the interview usually waived or the applications are finally transferred to the local field office for an interview?
It all depends on the new FO and how they wish to handle such cases. They may waive the interview or schedule one if they deem it necessary.

Hi all! New update on FTJ case

Case number AS8xxx.
Summary: My wife is currently in Japan and will be doing FTJ after I complete my AOS. DS260 submitted with that indicated as well as cover letter.
We added that in my cover letter hoping they would expedite the interview.
She already scheduled a medical check in Japan Aug16th (but it can be made earlier).

Timeline:
02/15/2022: Filed DS-260 indicating that I am doing AOS while my wife is doing CP in Tokyo
03/01/2022: AOS package sent
03/15/2022: NOA
04/18/2022: Biometrics
06/08/2022: Congressional inquiry sent , explaining the case with the FTJ and requesting an expedited interview.
06/30/2022: Email from KCC
"KCC has received payment of $330.00 for your case file. You have a case size of 2. Please send the remaining payment or provide a written statement"
Replied and got a same day generic reply about AOS process. Resent email with more clarification.
07/05/2022: Reply from KCC:
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."
07/06/2022: Called USCIS to request appointment with Tier 2 agent
07/06/2022: Congressman Office received this reply:
Thank you for your inquiry June 8, 2022, regarding (Name) and the application for permanent residence/adjustment of status.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent's case was transferred to the Phoenix Field Office, Phoenix, AZ. The case will be reviewed by an Immigration Services Officer to determine if additional information is needed or if a final adjudication can be reached. Your constituent will be notified by mail once an update is available. Your constituent can check case status on our website at uscis.gov by simply entering the receipt number listed above. Please note we are unable to provide a timeframe for the completion of this process. USCIS is mindful of the inconvenience of this matter and the case will be worked as soon as possible.

07/28/2022: Status on my USCIS changed to New Card Is Being Produced!, also received message about tier 2 agent calling within two business days.

08/01/2022: + Received NOA +Wife called embassy to inform them about case, agent requested that she email over final NOA.
08/02/2022: Original Tier 2 call request was cancelled. Called USCIS again, explained case to Tier 1 agent to request expedited Tier 2 call.
08/04/2022: Mailed out I-824 form and Submitted inquiry to Senator office, called to explain case.
08/05/2022: + Received Green Card. Received Tier 2 call, explained case to agent who forwarded inquiry to FO.
+ Wife received email from embassy Immigrant Visa division to email final NOA, resident card, phone number, address. We added Marriage certificate, Award letter, copy of passport, DS-260 (myself and hers).
08/09/2022: Received email from state department to log into dv website for an update, logging in shows a letter from KCC stating that:
"KCC has completed the processing of the case and forwarded to interviewing office, Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office" and "An appointment has been scheduled for you at the US embassy stated below (Tokyo)" on the 14th of September.
DS-260 page changed to show that case was now at Tokyo.

Just wanted to update everyone! I am hopeful that this means that everything is set and that the interview will go well for my wife and that we can reunite soon!

Will keep the forum updated. Good luck everyone and stay hopeful! 12 days ago my case was stuck at "biometrics taken"!

Thanks @Sm1smom for all the help/advice so far.

Case number AS8xxx.
Summary: My wife is currently in Japan and will be doing FTJ after I complete my AOS. DS260 submitted with that indicated as well as cover letter.
She already scheduled a medical check in Japan Aug16th (but it can be made earlier).

Timeline:
02/15/2022: Filed DS-260 indicating that I am doing AOS while my wife is doing CP in Tokyo
06/08/2022: Congressional inquiry sent , explaining the case with the FTJ and requesting an expedited interview.
"KCC has received payment of $330.00 for your case file. You have a case size of 2. Please send the remaining payment or provide a written statement"
Replied and got a same day generic reply about AOS process. Resent email with more clarification.
"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case. To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."
Thank you for your inquiry June 8, 2022, regarding (Name) and the application for permanent residence/adjustment of status.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent's case was transferred to the Phoenix Field Office, Phoenix, AZ. The case will be reviewed by an Immigration Services Officer to determine if additional information is needed or if a final adjudication can be reached. Your constituent will be notified by mail once an update is available. Your constituent can check case status on our website at uscis.gov by simply entering the receipt number listed above. Please note we are unable to provide a timeframe for the completion of this process. USCIS is mindful of the inconvenience of this matter and the case will be worked as soon as possible.

07/28/2022: Status on my USCIS changed to New Card Is Being Produced!, also received message about tier 2 agent calling within two business days.

08/01/2022: + Received NOA +Wife called embassy to inform them about case, agent requested that she email over final NOA.
08/02/2022: Original Tier 2 call request was cancelled. Called USCIS again, explained case to Tier 1 agent to request expedited Tier 2 call.
08/04/2022: Mailed out I-824 form and Submitted inquiry to Senator office, called to explain case.
08/05/2022: + Received Green Card. Received Tier 2 call, explained case to agent who forwarded inquiry to FO.
+ Wife received email from embassy Immigrant Visa division to email final NOA, resident card, phone number, address. We added Marriage certificate, Award letter, copy of passport, DS-260 (myself and hers).
08/09/2022: Received email from state department to log into dv website for an update, logging in shows a letter from KCC stating that:
"KCC has completed the processing of the case and forwarded to interviewing office, Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office" and "An appointment has been scheduled for you at the US embassy stated below (Tokyo)" on the 14th of September.

Just wanted to update everyone! I am hopeful that this means that everything is set and that the interview will go well for my wife and that we can reunite soon!

Will keep the forum updated. Good luck everyone and stay hopeful! 12 days ago my case was stuck at "biometrics taken"!

Such a fantastic update. Congratulations!!!!

Case number AS8xxx.

Timeline:

Wonderful! sounds like it’s all on track.

Tokyo wife here!

We truly have been using all our cards and we aren't sure what or who nudged the process to move forward, but we are still in disbelief!

Going to get my photo taken today for the medical check and the interview. I will update everyone with how they both went by next month hopefully! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Nana

So just got through to a live chat person via Emma on the USCIS sight.

He told me:

'The Brooklyn field office is actively working on your case'

and when i asked if they are aware of the time sensitive nature of an interview in my case, he told me:

'the officer is aware of the category listed for the application'

Does anyone have any insight as to how accurate this information is likely to be?, How much access to FO information do the live agents have?
Hi, I’m a new member here, just found out this page. I am also waiting for an interview schedule from Brooklyn field office too. I had a biometric on July 1st. I called USCIS yesterday and the agent told me that my case still have not schedule an interview yet. She just told me to wait for a notice letter. I told her about the deadline too. I do not know what to do next. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much!
@Sm1smom Hi Simon, I would like to update my timeline to your spreadsheet but I can not do that. Can you please help me? Thank you so much for all your help and this amazing page!

Last edited:
Hi, I’m a new member here, just found out this page. I am also waiting for an interview schedule from Brooklyn field office too. I had a biometric on July 1st. I called USCIS yesterday and the agent told me that my case still have not schedule an interview yet. She just told me to wait for a notice letter. I told her about the deadline too. I do not know what to do next. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much!
@Sm1smom Hi Simon, I would like to update my timeline to your spreadsheet but I can not do that. Can you please help me? Thank you so much for all your help and this amazing page!
I got a call from an officer in the Brooklyn FO yesterday after posting this. she just needed my receipt of payment emailed to her but this is a good sign I think, looks like they're on it. Id say do what you can to get their attention to your case but it sounds like they are working through the Brooklyn cases now. Some Brooklyn folks here have just had their interviews so its definitely moving along.

@Sm1smom i got my interview notice today it is scheduled for Aug 19th. I think the ombudsman inquiry worked at the end. I know we need to bring all the documents with us to the interview i was wondering whether if we would need to bring original documents or not as i dont have my birth certificate with me.

Hi,
First of all thank you for all the support so far. We got our interview next week. I have some questions.

1. I came to US on H1B after I won the lottery. Are they going to ask me about my intensions coming here. As far as I know H1B is not a tourist visa but its still a non immigrant visa.
2. Do I need to submit I-384. I read the spreadsheet understood the part about I-864 but I did not understand that part. I am working here on a valid H1B visa and I have my pay stubs.
3. Do I need to submit another form?

I am a bit nervous but this forum makes it easy. Thanks again

Case number AS8xxx.

Timeline:

Congrats on that. Can I learn whether the congress office directed your inquiry to Embassy or USCIS or to both at the same time? When I asked helped before for some other purpose, they want to know which office to contact and they made me sign different papers for different agencies for the same problem. All the best @m_abdulhafez

I got a call from an officer in the Brooklyn FO yesterday after posting this. she just needed my receipt of payment emailed to her but this is a good sign I think, looks like they're on it. Id say do what you can to get their attention to your case but it sounds like they are working through the Brooklyn cases now. Some Brooklyn folks here have just had their interviews so its definitely moving along.
Great update.

@Sm1smom i got my interview notice today it is scheduled for Aug 19th. I think the ombudsman inquiry worked at the end. I know we need to bring all the documents with us to the interview i was wondering whether if we would need to bring original documents or not as i dont have my birth certificate with me.
First of all, congrats on finally getting your IL. And yes, the expectation is to attend the interview with the original copy of any supporting document you've submitted with your AOS package. The IO can ask to see the original document for verification (they sometimes don't). Considering you've been waiting for so long, how come you did not arrange to obtain the original copy of your BC?

By the way, I had to move your post from the VB thread to the AOS thread, you need to post AOS related questions on the AOS thread only. And you should update your timeline on the spreadsheet - do fill in the missing dates in addition to the new update about your interview.

First of all, congrats on finally getting your IL. And yes, the expectation is to attend the interview with the original copy of any supporting document you've submitted with your AOS package. The IO can ask to see the original document for verification (they sometimes don't). Considering you've been waiting for so long, how come you did not arrange to obtain the original copy of your BC?

By the way, I had to move your post from the VB thread to the AOS thread, you need to post AOS related questions on the AOS thread only. And you should update your timeline on the spreadsheet - do fill in the missing dates in addition to the new update about your interview.
Thank you very much, i didnt know that we would need to have original BC. And i was waiting for permission to update the sheet i dont have access

Hi,
First of all thank you for all the support so far. We got our interview next week. I have some questions.

1. I came to US on H1B after I won the lottery. Are they going to ask me about my intensions coming here. As far as I know H1B is not a tourist visa but its still a non immigrant visa.
2. Do I need to submit I-384. I read the spreadsheet understood the part about I-864 but I did not understand that part. I am working here on a valid H1B visa and I have my pay stubs.
3. Do I need to submit another form?

I am a bit nervous but this forum makes it easy. Thanks again
1. They may, they may not. H1B is a dual intent visa, meaning having an immigrant intent is not a problem.
2. Probably not, especially if your income is above the applicable poverty guideline level
3. Everything needed for demonstrating financial capability are listed on the AOS process spreadsheet.