• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everyone,
My CN is EU16XXX, and I am residing in UAE, assigned post AD. Just found that it was only interviewed 11 cases so fare from October here and highest number is 13XXX. I don't think, I will ever reach the 2NL here. Also found out that the embassy in my home country is very active, accepting high numbers of cases, beyond 24XXX. Does anyone can tell me: how do I transfer my case to the embassy in my home country, Kyrgyzstan?

Hello everyone,
My CN is EU16XXX, and I am residing in UAE, assigned post AD. Just found that it was only interviewed 11 cases so fare from October here and highest number is 13XXX. I don't think, I will ever reach the 2NL here. Also found out that the embassy in my home country is very active, accepting high numbers of cases, beyond 24XXX. Does anyone can tell me: how do I transfer my case to the embassy in my home country, Kyrgyzstan?
Would really appreciate any advice!

Would really appreciate any advice!
Your best bet is probably to contact the embassy in Kyrgyzstan directly to see if they still have capacity and can schedule you, my understanding is that that they can request your case from Abu Dhabi.

PS i don’t think that 11 cases for Abu Dhabi is quite accurate but nevertheless it is indeed a very low number, they issued something like 50 DV visas, mostly in the past couple of months. They hardly interviewed anyone until recently.

Your best bet is probably to contact the embassy in Kyrgyzstan directly to see if they still have capacity and can schedule you, my understanding is that that they can request your case from Abu Dhabi.

PS i don’t think that 11 cases for Abu Dhabi is quite accurate but nevertheless it is indeed a very low number, they issued something like 50 DV visas, mostly in the past couple of months. They hardly interviewed anyone until recently.
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 9.44.48 AM.png
Got this data from xarthisius, I email twice to the embassy in Kyrgyzstan, got an automated email, also called them and they referred me to their site... Emailed KCC, still waiting... will keep trying. Hope, I am doing it right. Thank you anyway, Susie!

Congratulations and thanks for the update. I can't imagine how much this must mean to you seeing as you no longer have to come to the US on a K1 and then go through the long AOS process to become a LPR. Hopefully, your son is able to maintain his non-immigrant status until you become a USC and are able to file for him.

Best of luck to you both!also l
Thank you Sm1smom, I am so lucky to find this forum and have the advice of great members as well as Mr.Simon's blog. You did a great job by starting this kind of forum to give advice to people who Also by reading the answers for the questions I learnt a lot. I do not know whether my child could get qualified because we submitted DS-260 which shows immigrant intent. So it would be uncertain as I heard that I have heard that it would be a long process which would take about 8-10 years.

Is it ok to go to the US to activate the visa,stay a month and return to finish the unfinished business in the job and other related matters and return for good after 3 months? Do I have to apply for a separate permission? I have read that a re-entry permit can be applied, but it needs biometrics that will take a couple of months to schedule. I just need about 3 months to finish up the business here. So can I return without any permission and travel back with the same passport and visa? Is this 3 months gets reduced when calculations done for further processes?

Thank you Sm1smom, I am so lucky to find this forum and have the advice of great members as well as Mr.Simon's blog. You did a great job by starting this kind of forum to give advice to people who Also by reading the answers for the questions I learnt a lot. I do not know whether my child could get qualified because we submitted DS-260 which shows immigrant intent. So it would be uncertain as I heard that I have heard that it would be a long process which would take about 8-10 years.

Is it ok to go to the US to activate the visa,stay a month and return to finish the unfinished business in the job and other related matters and return for good after 3 months? Do I have to apply for a separate permission? I have read that a re-entry permit can be applied, but it needs biometrics that will take a couple of months to schedule. I just need about 3 months to finish up the business here. So can I return without any permission and travel back with the same passport and visa? Is this 3 months gets reduced when calculations done for further processes?
1. Yes I know it takes several years to sponsor an unmarried over 21 child of a LPR. That's why I stated I hope your son is able to "maintain his non-immigrant status'. The potential difficulty for your son will be if he were to leave the US and need to apply for a new NIV from the embassy to enable him return to the US. If he needs to briefly leave the US and he already has a valid NIV, he should be able to do so should the need arise. Otherwise he can remain in the US studying or hopefully finds an employer willing to sponsor him for a work permit which enables his to remain in the US at the end of his current program. It is doable.
2. Yes, you can briefly enter the US to activate your LPR status and depart almost immediately for 3 months as planned to tie up loose ends back at home, you do not need a re-entry permit for that. Your current immigrant visa will become a temporary GC upon endorsement (after you've your admission into the US as a LPR), and you can use the temporary GC (which is no longer a "visa" at that point) to return.

This might be a dumb question, but when your visa status changes from AP to Issued, it means you one hundred percent got the visa right?? I'm asking just because my passport is not ready for pick-up yet, and I don't know, what if they change their minds last minute? It just feels surreal.

View attachment 3663
Got this data from xarthisius, I email twice to the embassy in Kyrgyzstan, got an automated email, also called them and they referred me to their site... Emailed KCC, still waiting... will keep trying. Hope, I am doing it right. Thank you anyway, Susie!
I got my numbers from official US Dept of State visa issuance data from October to June. July has not been released yet.

edit: I see you are specifically looking at Eu issuance in AD. I don’t believe that’s relevant. It’s their general trends that matter but as said, either is low anyway.

I do hope it is not too late for you to be able to change embassies - please keep us updated.

Last edited:
2. Yes, you can briefly enter the US to activate your LPR status and depart almost immediately for 3 months as planned to tie up loose ends back at home, you do not need a re-entry permit for that. Your current immigrant visa will become a temporary GC upon endorsement (after you've your admission into the US as a LPR), and you can use the temporary GC (which is no longer a "visa" at that point) to return.
Just to add here, that the temporary green card is valid for a year from the date of entry.

And that a re-entry permit is not necessary unless you think you will be absent for longer than a year.

This might be a dumb question, but when your visa status changes from AP to Issued, it means you one hundred percent got the visa right?? I'm asking just because my passport is not ready for pick-up yet, and I don't know, what if they change their minds last minute? It just feels surreal.
When you get your passport back with the visa stamp on it is when it means you one hundred percent got the visa.

I got my numbers from official US Dept of State visa issuance data from October to June. July has not been released yet.

edit: I see you are specifically looking at Eu issuance in AD. I don’t believe that’s relevant. It’s their general trends that matter but as said, either is low anyway.

I do hope it is not too late for you to be able to change embassies - please keep us updated.
Thank you, Susie, will keep you posted

Hello all, I just found out that my interview has been scheduled after giving up on it due to delay reasons from the Cairo embassy. It's due to happen on Sept 1. But I am in a bit of a pickle and would appreciate any help.
My mom was the one who entered the DV lottery for me and chose my country of chargeability as 'Egypt' as that's my citizenship and the passport I hold. However, I was born in the UAE while my parents where working temporarily until I finished my schooling. Does this error void my chances to get the visa? Is there anything I can do or provide to the interviewing officer that can help?
Thanks a lot

Hello. I know what you are saying and I knew about this problem months ago. I appreciate your concerns and I know they're not out of malice. I've written a whole post in details arguing respectfully why your concern may have been addressed months ago by the government and why this issue may have been solved at least better than your expectation. I know it's a lot, but I was in my arguing mood after reading the text you wrote and the video.

Before everything, I know that you think Iranians get the 4-6 months AP. I have some reasons to believe that I have the probability of getting cleared in time. I've seen a forum for Iranians sharing their AP experience every year from 2016-2008 (before telegram), having read 100s of timelines. I know that the 4-6 months was a rarity rather than a typical one which I also have clues of why it happened for them. I have also seen DV21/22 Iranians' progress in AP. Given my own circumstances, I do see a non-zero probability of getting cleared on time because of maybe a 100 cases that I've skimmed through.

Now, for the visa numbers, running out: I think the government did something in April/May with the expectation of exactly a scenario like this. They actually had the issue in April for AS. I've written some arguments as best I can relying on UAO vs Biden declarations since that is public.

Here's your world: There are only 54850 visa numbers available, literally as in like physical balls present in their system on day 1. To be issued, the person needs one of these. They get sent to the posts once scheduled along with the cases (people in the case) and if they are un-issued they will be sent back to the KCC/VO within 5 calendar days after the month's end by the post (FAM). So, take a perfect scenario, if 54849 visas are issued and the 54850th is at embassy A with one person for a September interview and the guy doesn't show up, the visa can't go to a person at embassy B that has gotten the clearance in September and the 54850th visa number would go to waste as the FY ends before it can be recycled.

<<Had to snip for the text limit>>

Wow, this is a novel. I'm sorry I missed it - I didn't see this as a reply to me.

There are a couple of major problems with your position.

First, your idea of numbers for August and September is incorrect. We have the actual data, we know how many cases there are and we know the derivatives. It isn't 28489. Your number is quite largely overstated. Why? Because you did not account for now shows.

No shows stay at ready status so they are in the CEAC system. Rather brilliantly, Xarthisius tags the cases with the 2NL date and I looked at 2NLs for January to April (meaning interviews up to end of June) and that was 1581 cases, 3400 people. So - we can take that number out of Xarthisius' Ready count (about 27K) as well as now the July no shows. So that suggests about 24k ready cases (using Xarthisius' more accurate method than Franks'). We can double check that with data files that show 26K people scheduled from June 12 onwards (which includes some later July interviews scheduled AND includes 2000 interviews scheduled August 1 to 4 which could have been using July recycled numbers). So - bottomline - I don't think they have exceeded the 54850 at all, but are actually bumping up close to it. It would be reckless (and against the rules) to schedule cases without having a visa for them. The only time we saw something like that was the 2013 Iranian mess where they cancelled scheduled interviews in September. BUT that was the country cap, which I believe snuck up on them.

As for the pump thing you think happened, I didn't quite get your point, but does AV really mean allocated. No, I don't think so. I do not believe they have allocated 100k visas thus ignoring the global cap. We did see a new status after AV (INTS) and that, I believe is the was to "count" the visas that are actually allocated. Just a guess, but it makes sense. Having 100K Allocated does not.

By the way, On Friday when I made the video I also predicted what would happen to 2NLs early this week. I said that there would be a few 2NLs - a few here and a few there. That is exactly what has happened in the last three days. Again, this is, I believe, based on them working from previous refusals. Then they issued the September VB, bringing on the next year. So whatever they do over the next few days for DV2022, that would be the dying gasps. The clearing AP cases are mainly to be fed by recycled visas from August. There might be a few more left from July, but July scheduled was not as high as August.

If they have developed some new capability, my wish would be that they found a way to recycle faster in the month so that more could be re-used in September. But clearly between visas issued, (32.5) plus 17 - 19k from remaining interviews in August and September, plus AP clearances out of the 7K cases plus the remainder of AOS issuances we are well within the "worry zone".

Hello all, I just found out that my interview has been scheduled after giving up on it due to delay reasons from the Cairo embassy. It's due to happen on Sept 1. But I am in a bit of a pickle and would appreciate any help.
My mom was the one who entered the DV lottery for me and chose my country of chargeability as 'Egypt' as that's my citizenship and the passport I hold. However, I was born in the UAE while my parents where working temporarily until I finished my schooling. Does this error void my chances to get the visa? Is there anything I can do or provide to the interviewing officer that can help?
Thanks a lot

You have an AF number and should have an AS number. Unless you are married to someone from Egypt (and were at the time of entry) you will be disqualified. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but there is the ugly truth.

Greetings Simon and everyone on this Platform, I have finally received my 2NL and when I opened my embassy guidelines the first step is to register my appointment, I have tried several times registering but it's failing, it says email has already been taken. My question is at what point in time do I register my case at the embassy. CN is AF28*** Nairobi embassy

Regards