• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

@Sm1smom hi there, i had my interview on aug 3 at my home country , consular gave me a card which says your visa is approved,didnt say i was going in ap, when i came home n check my status it was in ap then next day it was in ready. I havent got any email from embassy for additional documents nor they told me anything in interview. Those who interviewed with me everyone got their passport with visa printed today but mine is still in ready. I am so confused , i have emailed embassy but they dont response. So stressed, as i have to fly back to Australia i am international student there, they said if i dont attend my class they will cancel my enrollment. I am so stressed. Neither i have usa visa nor passport.
Please suggest
I don't think you can do a straight comparison with the other folks who interviewed with you on the same day just because they all got the notification for passport pickup. Did they all have to provide a NZ PCC like you? Maybe the embassy is still waiting for that PCC in your case (I understand NZ does not issue the PCC directly to the applicant, they have some convoluted process of sending it to the embassy which adds some additional delay).

At this point, you will need to decide if it is prudent to contact the embassy and find out if you can have your passport back to enable you return to Australia, following which you mail in the passport back to them; or if you should remain in your country waiting until whenever they send back the passport (and subsequently jeopardizing your studies in Australia).

Hello SusieQQQ, Sm1smom hope u doing well.
It is already passed 5 month from my interview date but still no any final decision from consular section. Ceac status display refused with short description. My medical exam result will expire after 15 days , i wrote email few times asked consular do i need pass medical again also no any response.
Before i thought might be she put my case AP because i been in US with tourist visa 5 month ,
However i already know and talked some winner applicants who already got visa immediately after interview 3 of them been in USA 2 times with tourist visa and stayed 5 month each time.
Consular apply me public charge questionnaire but i know some applicants who age around 55-60, applicants with over 4 family size ( I wish all of them luck, happiness and congratulate all )
But as a single winner applicant to see discrimination Not good
I know consular has a right approve and refused case but in which case consular do not give any response ? I checked many times In travel state gov they do not mention, consular might not give you a response before fiscal year finish.
Thanks
Sorry for long text.

Hello SusieQQQ, Sm1smom hope u doing well.
It is already passed 5 month from my interview date but still no any final decision from consular section. Ceac status display refused with short description. My medical exam result will expire after 15 days , i wrote email few times asked consular do i need pass medical again also no any response.
Before i thought might be she put my case AP because i been in US with tourist visa 5 month ,
However i already know and talked some winner applicants who already got visa immediately after interview 3 of them been in USA 2 times with tourist visa and stayed 5 month each time.
Consular apply me public charge questionnaire but i know some applicants who age around 55-60, applicants with over 4 family size ( I wish all of them luck, happiness and congratulate all )
I know consular has a right approve and refused case but in which case consular do not give any response ? I checked many times In travel state gov they do not mention, consular might not give you a response before fiscal year finish.
Thanks
Sorry for long text.
There’s no point doing another medical before you know the outcome. If they want to approve your visa and your medical has expired or is about to, they will ask you to do another medical. There will be a final decision on your case one way or another by the end of the fiscal year, more than that ( especially given our past discussion about the various aspects of your case) i cannot say.

There’s no point doing another medical before you know the outcome. If they want to approve your visa and your medical has expired or is about to, they will ask you to do another medical. There will be a final decision on your case one way or another by the end of the fiscal year, more than that ( especially given our past discussion about the various aspects of your case) i cannot say.
Thanks for answer
What if fiscal year finish at least do they give any visa denial reason or they just send passport back without any reason ?
Thanks

Thanks for answer
What if fiscal year finish at least do they give any visa denial reason or they just send passport back without any reason ?
Thanks
There always has to be a reason. AP not being completed in time before the end of the fiscal year is a possible reason, it has happened before even though we know embassies try wrap it up.

As an aside, i get annoyed when posters complain about ”discrimination“ by embassies,
Your case is different and individual, as is everyone’s. If they put you on AP while other people who (choose one of the various reasons you have put forward you feel are similar or worse case to you ) get their visas, my assumption is that there is a good reason for it, and that reason has nothing to do with discrimination.

There always has to be a reason. AP not being completed in time before the end of the fiscal year is a possible reason, it has happened before even though we know embassies try wrap it up.

As an aside, i get annoyed when posters complain about ”discrimination“ by embassies,

Your case is different and individual, as is everyone’s. If they put you on AP while other people who (choose one of the various reasons you have put forward you feel are similar or worse case to you ) get their visas, my assumption is that there is a good reason for it, and that reason has nothing to do with discrimination.
Could it be possible that the end date of the fiscal year arrives and they do not give an answer? wow that worries me since in my case I have been waiting for Ready for 2 months and the only answer that the embassy gives is that they are still under review even though they did not even ask for additional information or documents. What is done in that case? legal advice with a lawyer?

Could it be possible that the end date of the fiscal year arrives and they do not give an answer? wow that worries me since in my case I have been waiting for Ready for 2 months and the only answer that the embassy gives is that they are still under review even though they did not even ask for additional information or documents. What is done in that case? legal advice with a lawyer?
The answers are the same as before to these questions regardless who asks them.

Yes, it is possible that AP is not resolved before the fiscal year ends, and then you cannot get a visa; that said we have seen in past years embassies do try hard to get AP resolved before the end of the fiscal year. I remember a year a number of people came off AP literally right at the end of September. Stressful to be sure.
Most prolonged AP is due to background checks in which case it is no surprise that you have not been asked for additional documents. This is almost certainly what they mean by your case still being under review.
I’m sure a lawyer would be happy to take a few hundred dollars off you for an hour’s consult fee, but they can’t do anything because (1) DoS literally cannot issue a visa before the background checks have been completed and approved (2) there is no obligation on them to give you a visa - there was never a guarantee you would get one (3) consular officials are not subject to US legal appeal.

All you can do is wait for the checks to be completed. Good luck. Two months seems short to go, but it’s also quite a lot of time for them to get checks done.

As expected, I'm in AP. It's a thing which is the default for people with a passport from my country not interviewing at the three designated embassies even though I haven't been to my country of nationality since teenage years. The CO was happy and liked me, they were even familiar with my documents (for a reason I googled later on) even though I was in a third country, the whole consulate seemed to love me, but they asked for a questionnaire (ds5535+) and scan of a document and said they'll send it to Washington. It has happened for every single person from country of nationality who has interviewed outside the designated embassies this year irrespective of gender, age, etc. Only the duao nationals were issued on spot.

I was very much proactive with the I134, trying to show it like twice to them and they were like no, we don't need it. They just quickly looked my bank balance which was 25% above poverty guidelines for one person.

I prefer not to discuss the interview since it gives away some personal information. But in my overall understanding, the US immigration machine resents two things : unwanted documents or anything causing them to read an English text and secondly people with my nationality.

The consulate has been kind in their answers when I sent the emails and documents. It's not the formal template or silence that others experienced. So, I feel like I'm good from the consulate, which is a positive.

Fingers crossed for the AP process. With all the help you have given people here it would only be "just" if you get your visa.

No 7% cap worry for your nationality this year, but I posted a video last night that I am concerned about the number of visas left for the cases that clear AP in these final months. Of course your case would retain the allocated visa if the AP can close out this month, but if it goes into next month things will get tougher. The embassy can reallocate visas from its own September allocation but the pool will only include August refusals.

Hello. I know what you are saying and I knew about this problem months ago. I appreciate your concerns and I know they're not out of malice. I've written a whole post in details arguing respectfully why your concern may have been addressed months ago by the government and why this issue may have been solved at least better than your expectation. I know it's a lot, but I was in my arguing mood after reading the text you wrote and the video.

Before everything, I know that you think Iranians get the 4-6 months AP. I have some reasons to believe that I have the probability of getting cleared in time. I've seen a forum for Iranians sharing their AP experience every year from 2016-2008 (before telegram), having read 100s of timelines. I know that the 4-6 months was a rarity rather than a typical one which I also have clues of why it happened for them. I have also seen DV21/22 Iranians' progress in AP. Given my own circumstances, I do see a non-zero probability of getting cleared on time because of maybe a 100 cases that I've skimmed through.

Now, for the visa numbers, running out: I think the government did something in April/May with the expectation of exactly a scenario like this. They actually had the issue in April for AS. I've written some arguments as best I can relying on UAO vs Biden declarations since that is public.

Here's your world: There are only 54850 visa numbers available, literally as in like physical balls present in their system on day 1. To be issued, the person needs one of these. They get sent to the posts once scheduled along with the cases (people in the case) and if they are un-issued they will be sent back to the KCC/VO within 5 calendar days after the month's end by the post (FAM). So, take a perfect scenario, if 54849 visas are issued and the 54850th is at embassy A with one person for a September interview and the guy doesn't show up, the visa can't go to a person at embassy B that has gotten the clearance in September and the 54850th visa number would go to waste as the FY ends before it can be recycled.
Big contradiction:
According to Brenda Grewe's declaration in the UAO vs Biden, they've issued 30,537 visas by the end of July. There's also 712 visa numbers used for approved AOS by end of July. This means 23,601 visas for FY22 left to be issued. In other words, there would be 23,601 visa numbers in KCC/VO systems, embassies, Miles' pockets or wherever the visa numbers could theoretically go. Now, they've scheduled interviews for 69924 people for the entire FY22 according to Xarthisius (he likes to be humble, but that data is very good). According to the declaration around 41,435 visas were scheduled by the end of July. So, subtracting it gives interviews for 28,489 people scheduled in August and September. This means that there are 28,489 visa numbers in the embassies for August and September. I understand the errors are present from different sources, but I think this shows that the visa numbers in the embassies are significantly higher than those that could be possible should your world be absolutely accurate with respect to the 54850 visa numbers being there. This is a contradiction.
[Note 1: I know that you think that some of the September scheduling (1200-2000 cases) were done in early August because KCC was waiting for recycled visa numbers even though the VB was released on 8th July. I have heard that some IT stuff in the embassies's systems were under cyber attacks from who knows where and the systems were back up fully after 25th July. Some embassies had issues with even scheduling appointments (anecdotes). Notice the freeze with the CEAC too which we had. Furthermore, there wasn't an embassy which half-scheduled in July and then did a second run in August. The scheduling was kinda in the alphabetic order as before and the numbers didn't break up, I would dispute this point.]

Here's my world: Your world was correct and was what has happened for the past 10+ years of DV. This is un-disputable. However, in April/May I do believe that they did something to their systems. In my view, the number of visa numbers were pumped, which is a 5 minute thing to do in the code (ctr+f, 54850, backspace, 99999, done). This is why you see almost all the plaintiffs in the lawsuits are at the AV stage. The AV stage is described as when the case is allocated a visa and the acronym literally stands for it. I know that you have suggested that maybe the declarations are wrong (definitely possible), but I still think that they really are allocated one of the visa numbers. So in my world, when they hit the problem of going all current in VB and Av'ing people regardless of embassy capacity, they realised the problem, fixed it and now the whole DV22 system is basically on a free-roll until they hit the 54850 issuance where they would pull the plug. I think that's what they did. After May, we cannot see a single embassy which had capacity for DV but was sent less people because visa numbers weren't available. As I mentioned this did happen for many AS cases in April. Many people point to AS saying its invites have been lower for August and September due to visa numbers, but most good embassy in AS finished up earlier and they just hadn't had anymore to schedule whereas the handful of bad ones did as they were doing giving such impression. But again, not a single embassy had problem filling its capacity even though they were having such troubles in April for June interviews.
Here's the event that I know which made me think of this pump:
Iran's VB went current for June. Every single Iranian above the CN of 8500 was not scheduled for June regardless of their embassies. Like literally, every Iranian expat (with good working embassies) with CN above 8500 was scheduled for July and not June. I can literally give the case numbers if anyone wants. Examples: my embassy had capacity for June but got invited for July along with another Iranian FSC non-Iranian with AS86xx CN issued on the same day as me. I know there are two in Guangzhou (9k and 12k) invited in July as the only two. Lots in Montreal. One Italian with Iran FSC and 12k in Naples. One 9k in Nicosia. The embassies had capacity for June but they weren't scheduled for June. Interestingly, when they went AV and then scheduled for July, all other Iranians regardless of embassy or CN became AV too which means that these weren't the recycled visas allocated by embassy capacity. Furthermore, I know enough to say that every single one was kept at RV (ready for visa allocation) status in April despite going current in April (for June). Secondly, by the end of March, KCC processing DS260s by CN were at about 14000 and by end of April were at 17000 or so. Good embassies in AS like Colombo, Tokyo, Mongolia, ... who were doing extremely well by that point suddenly started scheduling very low numbers and even going like in low quantities of cases with ranges of 17k-30k cases which submitted in May . Interestingly, they also had a problem with AV'ing those after 14000 CN who didn't submit in May to be processed with the initial FIFO processing. I know people who were kept at RV here too. These embassies then scheduled all of their people for July. This again supports my opinion that they did pump the visa numbers available, I'm not talking about re-allocation but actually pumping the quantity of visa numbers in the system and how many they can AV. In April another thing happened which I can't disclose, but they did process all DS260s by the end of May because they pulled something. Also, I remember doing some rough calculation by the end of March, the visas numbers for AS in circulation (issued, AV, or at embassies) were close to the quota that has been mentioned.

What am I trying to say? That a) declaration saying that AV means visa allocated is correct b) once the visas are allocated to the RV-to-AV cases in KCC the visa number can't be dis-lodged without scheduling with the exception of the case being transferred(e.g. Ukrainians or embassies asking for transfer) c) the visa numbers at least for AS ran out in April/May and they did manage to fix it. Same was to happen in EU a month later but didn't d) They've pumped the visa numbers and they gonna free-roll with the intention of stopping only once the 54850 issued visas is hit (with some educated optimism as to quotas won't become a problem).

Finally as it pertains to the issue: In my world, the visas getting recycled from July and August are un-used or used at the minimum for the schedulings done for the August and September. Secondly, the August and September interviews are mainly the bad embassies and lower issuances. The EU ones are dominated by Warsaw(Russians with AP and no-shows which will be higher in coming months), Frankfurt (crazy no-shows), non-Schengens like Almaty and Tashkent. The AF ones are dominated by the likes of DRC (20% issuance), Nairobi (maybe 70% ), Monrovia(60%) and Yaounde and etc which ain't amazing. Casablanca and Algiers are the better ones but that's kinda it. So, the non-issuance of these August and September cases will not be 20%, but more leaning towards 25% and likely 30%. 75% is the issuance per Brenda Grewe for the July and prior interviews that had many months to clear and good embassies. I Thirdly, per FAM if I recall correctly, posts are instructed to use up all visas available in their post and then ask KCC/VO for visa numbers. Many posts also have dedicated specific dates in their calender to clear the (mainly non-DC) APs in batches apparently in non-early September. So, we have 7000 APs by now. There will be also at least 7000 un-used visa numbers for the allocated individual (not all recycled considering September) visa numbers assuming the 25% non-issuance for August and September interviews as per Brenda Grew's estimate.

Last edited:
Anyways, the one probably crucial question is: Can an un-used visa number allocated to an EU person be used for a cleared AS case at the same embassy, which would otherwise end up in the trash?

Last edited:
@SusieQQQ @Sm1smom what does it mean after ur visa is approved n co says ur visa is approved then visa status goes to ap then ready, what does that mean,
The analysis of what what means is irrelevant IMO. What matters is getting the passport back with the IV stamp on it. That is when you truly know you’re approved.

When proving you can financially support yourself do you think they will have any issues if you transfer a large sum of money into your account not long before the interview?

hello please i have a concern.
indeed I had the 2022 lottery I had played married with two children we lived in Ukraine before the war and the children in my country of origin I had a very large number but I had my second letter the interview is in Germany they m have in the lot of ukrainian as i lived in ukraine. in my d 260 i had said that i was leaving with the children now the children cannot come to germany i would like to know if the children do not come for the visa application c is a total disqualification? or if I leave with their passport to the embassy without their presence we will not always be disqualified so if anyone has an idea please help I am Cameroonian my Cameroonian family my Ukrainian son but he lives with my mother in Cameroon

hello please i have a concern.
indeed I had the 2022 lottery I had played married with two children we lived in Ukraine before the war and the children in my country of origin I had a very large number but I had my second letter the interview is in Germany they m have in the lot of ukrainian as i lived in ukraine. in my d 260 i had said that i was leaving with the children now the children cannot come to germany i would like to know if the children do not come for the visa application c is a total disqualification? or if I leave with their passport to the embassy without their presence we will not always be disqualified so if anyone has an idea please help I am Cameroonian my Cameroonian family my Ukrainian son but he lives with my mother in Cameroon
The children’s inability to attend the interview with you in Germany will not lead to an automatic denial for you. If asked about the children, you simply explain why they’re unable to attend the interview. You may take your children’s passports along with you, however I don’t think the children will be issued with an immigration visa if they’re not there in person with you. Also bear in mind if you get searched at any airport by immigration and the children’s passports are discovered with you, you may be given a tough time by the immigration authorities of that country.

Thanks a lot to this forum and the moderators, as well as active members for providing the help,instructions and information needed along the DV process. After an year long journey the wait time is over - but I wouldn't say that the journey is quite over ! I found this forum from Mr. Simon's blog in last September and ever since I have got valuable information on the process through various posts here. My special thanks go to the great members - Sm1smom, SusieQQQ, Brit Simon as well as Butters for tolerating my questions and providing the information. Thanks once again.

Thanks a lot to this forum and the moderators, as well as active members for providing the help,instructions and information needed along the DV process. After an year long journey the wait time is over - but I wouldn't say that the journey is quite over ! I found this forum from Mr. Simon's blog in last September and ever since I have got valuable information on the process through various posts here. My special thanks go to the great members - Sm1smom, SusieQQQ, Brit Simon as well as Butters for tolerating my questions and providing the information. Thanks once again.
That's great news. Good luck.

Congratulations and thanks for the update. I can't imagine how much this must mean to you seeing as you no longer have to come to the US on a K1 and then go through the long AOS process to become a LPR. Hopefully, your son is able to maintain his non-immigrant status until you become a USC and are able to file for him.

Best of luck to you both!