• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

As expected, I'm in AP. It's a thing which is the default for people with a passport from my country not interviewing at the three designated embassies even though I haven't been to my country of nationality since teenage years. The CO was happy and liked me, they were even familiar with my documents (for a reason I googled later on) even though I was in a third country, the whole consulate seemed to love me, but they asked for a questionnaire (ds5535+) and scan of a document and said they'll send it to Washington. It has happened for every single person from country of nationality who has interviewed outside the designated embassies this year irrespective of gender, age, etc. Only the duao nationals were issued on spot.

I was very much proactive with the I134, trying to show it like twice to them and they were like no, we don't need it. They just quickly looked my bank balance which was 25% above poverty guidelines for one person.

I prefer not to discuss the interview since it gives away some personal information. But in my overall understanding, the US immigration machine resents two things : unwanted documents or anything causing them to read an English text and secondly people with my nationality.

The consulate has been kind in their answers when I sent the emails and documents. It's not the formal template or silence that others experienced. So, I feel like I'm good from the consulate, which is a positive.

Last edited:
Hello.
I made a mistake in the principal's name while registering my appointment with the embassy. The form appears to be locked for editing although I had not submitted the registration. Is there a way to go about unlocking the form?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I had my interview about ten days ago in Frankfurt. Everything went fine and the interview was much shorter and laid back than I expected. I didn't receive a clear answer as to whether I got the visa or not, seeing as the embassy still hadn't received my medical exam results from the medical centre, but they did tell me as long as the results showed that I was healthy, I'd get the visa.

I know they received the medical results on August 2nd, and now I'm just wondering, do we get an email if our visa is approved or are we just supposed to check our status only online? I also chose the option to collect my passport myself so I was just wondering if I would get notified once my passport was ready for pick up.

Hi guys, I had my interview about ten days ago in Frankfurt. Everything went fine and the interview was much shorter and laid back than I expected. I didn't receive a clear answer as to whether I got the visa or not, seeing as the embassy still hadn't received my medical exam results from the medical centre, but they did tell me as long as the results showed that I was healthy, I'd get the visa.

I know they received the medical results on August 2nd, and now I'm just wondering, do we get an email if our visa is approved or are we just supposed to check our status only online? I also chose the option to collect my passport myself so I was just wondering if I would get notified once my passport was ready for pick up.
Procedures are embassy dependent but usually you’d get notified to pick up, yes.
I’d say don’t get over-optimistic about how fast they’ll look at the medicals - they‘re probably somewhere in the internal mail at the moment, then will be in an inbox pile waiting for the CO to work his/her way down to them, along with all the other stuff people have sent after their various types of interviews.

In addition to Susie’s response, the embassy already returned your allocated visa back to the KCC at the end of July when it was not issued to you at the end of your interview due to your pending medical report. They will now need to ask the KCC for a new visa number after they’ve reviewed your submitted medical report, so yeah, it might take a while to hear back from them.

Thank you for your responses! For some reason it hadn't crossed my mind that it will take a while for them to actually look at them, but it makes sense. Could it take more than a month? I was hoping to go on vacation in September and well, I'll need my passport for that.

Thank you for your responses! For some reason it hadn't crossed my mind that it will take a while for them to actually look at them, but it makes sense. Could it take more than a month? I was hoping to go on vacation in September and well, I'll need my passport for that.
No idea. I understand Frankfurt is quite busy at the moment because it is designated for all Ukrainian immigrant visas as well, so possibly. Your best information on that will come from the consulate itself.

My visa is approved but ceac status shows ready, it was in administrative processing yesterday but today its ready. Haven’t got my passport yet.
What does that mean?

Hi everyone

Do you know of any case that has had an interview and is still Ready in ceac? my interview was June 8 and I still haven't received information about my passports and in ceac only the update date changes, it's not even in the administrative process. embassy of panama we have 2 months waiting

We attend almost all the cases in Panama the same week and we are all the same, stuck with no progress, almost all of us Ready
I write every 2 weeks and they only reply that my case is still under review
what do you recommend I'm already in panic because time is running out

Thnks and blessings
Same mine is ready after visa is approved,it went from ap to ready. What does that mean

Dear all,

I also wanted to share my interview experience with you guys.
First of all, thank you Britsimon for your ongoing support in this Forum here and answering of question at all times. You helped me a lot.

US Embassy in Frankfurt (Germany)
Case Number: 2022EU80XX
1 Person (just me)
*********************************************************************************************
DS 260 Sent on: 24 June 2021
2NL: 13 June 2022
Medical exam: 5 July 2022 (Tip here: I had my appointment already for April, but didn't get the 2NL, so postponed the appointment for 3 months and then it worked out perfectly when I got the 2NL)
Appointment in 2NL: 7h30 AM 2 August 2022
*********************************************************************************************
Traveled the evening before from Hamburg to Frankfurt and stayed in a Hotel. I arrived at the Consulate at ca 7 AM. There were a few people and a queue and it seemed, that they haven't opened yet. After roughly 10-15 min of waiting they let us in. At the first window, I received a number. With that and my documents I went through security, Phone and my headphones had to stay there (as mentioned a lot of times by Simon and other people, bring as less as possible).
Already at the first window the lady told me to got to counter 22 to pay and leave my photo there, which I did. There was a really nice German speaking man, taking my payment and my photo and told me to sit and wait until my number comes on the screens in the hall. I waited maybe a few minutes until I was called to the next window. There was again a very nice German speaking man, asking for my documents (delivery confirmation (specific for Frankfurt), "Abiturzeugnis", Proof of my financial assets (I also had the I-Form with me, but he didn't ask for it), Birth certificate, Police certificate) and reconfirming some answers from the application with me.
After he had all documents, her explained to me again, what happened once the Visa gets approved and how to immigrate to the US with my first arrival there.
After that he asked me again to wait for my number to be called.
I waited just 10 min max again until I got called to the CO, which was again a very polite, nice American Speaking CO:

CO: Hello
ME: Hello
CO: What's your name?
ME: Told her my full name
CO: I would need you to make an oath first, is that okay?
ME: Sure.
Taking the Oath
CO: Now I would please need your fingerprints.
Took my fingerpints
CO: So first of all, congratulations on winning the lottery. How many times did you participate?
ME: Actually one time, and immediately was lucky
CO: Oh that's great. I see you have a university degree, what did you study and what do you work now.
ME: .....
CO: That sounds great, interesting field. What are you planning to do in the US and where will you stay, once you are there?
ME: -.....
CO: Great, seems you have a good plan. Let me check if we are missing anything?...Oh you even have the medical exam already. Perfect. Then... I don't see any reason to now approve you. Congratulations!
ME: Oh wow, thank you. I am really happy about this.
CO: *gave me back my original documents*
CO: Your passport will arrive in the next 2 weeks and you will have to travel to the US before January.
ME: Perfect, I was planning on traveling there in September.

I was just super happy and she probably saw the tears in my eyes, because she asked me "oh you look very happy" and I said that I am and she was even more happy for me and smiled. All in all the interview took 5-8min. In total I got my number at th first window at 7.18AM and called my family and friends at 8.25AM, so it was really quick and easy.

I didn't check on my status because I heard so many stories about it first being set to refused or something. Yesterday I already got the UPS delivery confirmation. And today (48h later) my passport is already at the UPS station ready for pickup (unfortunately I am on a business trip for a week). So also this was really quick.

All in all I had a very very positive experience at the consulate. Everyone was friendly and helping and no one every gave me the feeling they wanted to make it hard for me.

Thanks again Simon for making all those information easily accessible. From participating in the lottery in 2020 to receiving the approval now, I was able to do everything myself without any legal help and just with Simon's information.

Happy to be in the US soon and start a new adventure! Good luck to everyone else and hang in tight! :)

As expected, I'm in AP. It's a thing which is the default for people with a passport from my country not interviewing at the three designated embassies even though I haven't been to my country of nationality since teenage years. The CO was happy and liked me, they were even familiar with my documents (for a reason I googled later on) even though I was in a third country, the whole consulate seemed to love me, but they asked for a questionnaire (ds5535+) and scan of a document and said they'll send it to Washington. It has happened for every single person from country of nationality who has interviewed outside the designated embassies this year irrespective of gender, age, etc. Only the duao nationals were issued on spot.

I was very much proactive with the I134, trying to show it like twice to them and they were like no, we don't need it. They just quickly looked my bank balance which was 25% above poverty guidelines for one person.

I prefer not to discuss the interview since it gives away some personal information. But in my overall understanding, the US immigration machine resents two things : unwanted documents or anything causing them to read an English text and secondly people with my nationality.

The consulate has been kind in their answers when I sent the emails and documents. It's not the formal template or silence that others experienced. So, I feel like I'm good from the consulate, which is a positive.
Great to hear this. Why Washington?

Great to hear this. Why Washington?
He meant Washington DC. He wanted to implicitly say that it's not him stalling it, it's outside of his hands.
The security APs and even some non-security APs are handled by DC. it's an interagency thing. Once done, they send the opinion to CO and he/she will male the final decision. Also, it's not likely they post a paper file. It's an electronic cable. So, they draft a letter saying an introduction, addressing issues and writing their concerns that they went an opinion on.
Apparently all nationals of my country (except some of those interviewing at the three designated wmbassies) will need to be given the clearance from DOS. DOS does the checks with coordination from other agencies. It's pretty opaque stuff. But, I kinda have some idea of what they'll be looking for.

Hope, it will be well and you will get your visa!

He meant Washington DC. He wanted to implicitly say that it's not him stalling it, it's outside of his hands.
The security APs and even some non-security APs are handled by DC. it's an interagency thing. Once done, they send the opinion to CO and he/she will male the final decision. Also, it's not likely they post a paper file. It's an electronic cable. So, they draft a letter saying an introduction, addressing issues and writing their concerns that they went an opinion on.
Apparently all nationals of my country (except some of those interviewing at the three designated wmbassies) will need to be given the clearance from DOS. DOS does the checks with coordination from other agencies. It's pretty opaque stuff. But, I kinda have some idea of what they'll be looking for.
Okay, understood a bit. When I was waiting for my interview there were some applicants to collect the passports. Some received sealed envelopes and some were given only the passport with visa - no envelopes and I heard that counter officer advised they were good to go with passport and visa only. Thanks for explaining, wish you will have it soon.

Okay, understood a bit. When I was waiting for my interview there were some applicants to collect the passports. Some received sealed envelopes and some were given only the passport with visa - no envelopes and I heard that counter officer advised they were good to go with passport and visa only. Thanks for explaining, wish you will have it soon.
Thanks. I would guess that those without the envelope were non-DV IVs. For some of those, the information is transmitted electronically. They annotate the visa with that saying the IV docs are in the database.
Thanks for the well wishes and I hope you get your visa too.

@Sm1smom hi there, i had my interview on aug 3 at my home country , consular gave me a card which says your visa is approved,didnt say i was going in ap, when i came home n check my status it was in ap then next day it was in ready. I havent got any email from embassy for additional documents nor they told me anything in interview. Those who interviewed with me everyone got their passport with visa printed today but mine is still in ready. I am so confused , i have emailed embassy but they dont response. So stressed, as i have to fly back to Australia i am international student there, they said if i dont attend my class they will cancel my enrollment. I am so stressed. Neither i have usa visa nor passport.
Please suggest

No. Im stilm
Aug 3. Did u get ur visa printed? Did they ask u to provide any additional documents? Did they tell u in interview that ur visa is approved?
No. Im still Ready
They didnt ask for Anything till now
They just said: If we need something aditional well let u know if not u will get u passports between 2 or 3 weeks. Congrats!
Just that he never told me aproved