• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello, everybody I reopened my DS-260 and added a trip to the USA, the first submission only had one visit because I didn’t read the question properly but then further down it asked has any of your USA visitor visas been cancelled or revoked? I answered cancelled because the first visa was for 1 year but then was stamped cancelled without prejudice and a new 10 year visa was issued because I was visiting again before the 1 year visa expired. Do the interviewers pay attention and read the explanation properly ? I still have the old passport with both visas in?
Yes they do.

Dear Sir ,
Iam a lottery winner of the year 2023, I plan to travel on my own initially I answered these two questions in my ds-260

Does your wife immigrate to the United States with you?
I chose no
Because my wife will not immigrate with me or attend the interview with me.

Will your spouse immigrate to the United States later to join you?
I chose "Yes"
(When I get to the US, I will have them in 3 years.

Then I submitted my form and received the confirmation number.

my question
Should I complete the ds-260 form for my wife, or just leave it open?

Dear Sir,
I was not able to obtain a police certificate from one of the countries in which I resided previously. Will the consul understand that?

Thanks in Advance.

Dear Sir ,
Iam a lottery winner of the year 2023, I plan to travel on my own initially I answered these two questions in my ds-260

Does your wife immigrate to the United States with you?
I chose no
Because my wife will not immigrate with me or attend the interview with me.

Will your spouse immigrate to the United States later to join you?
I chose "Yes"
(When I get to the US, I will have them in 3 years.

Then I submitted my form and received the confirmation number.

my question
Should I complete the ds-260 form for my wife, or just leave it open?
No, you do not complete the DS260 form for your wife in that case.

Dear Sir,
I was not able to obtain a police certificate from one of the countries in which I resided previously. Will the consul understand that?

Thanks in Advance.
If the police certificate is available according to the reciprocity page and you do not present it, no the CO will not understand your inability to do so. What is the name of this country where you’re unable to get the police clearance certificate?

U
If the police certificate is available according to the reciprocity page and you do not present it, no the CO will not understand your inability to do so. What is the name of this country where you’re unable to get the police clearance certificate?
United Arab Emirates

U

United Arab Emirates
According to the Visa Reciprocity page, yes the CO will understand your inability to present a PCC in this case since you’re no longer residing in the UAE, as this is available only if the applicant is physically present in the country.

“Comments: Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.”

Should i take copy from this page and take it with me to interview or they will no require it ?
Yes you should. This ensures you’re extra prepared just in case the CO has not checked to confirm or is not aware of the exemption when you show up for your interview.

Hi, I’m not sure if I’m over thinking or not but -
In the DS260 do we list our previously used work email addresses? Technically it’s not my personal property but was used in emailing under my name so I’m unsure.

Also in social media - if I have ie a YouTube account but not actually used do we bother listing?

Question about police certificates.

If I obtain a police certificate from Australia now, (I do not live there) but then visit for example for 1-4 weeks in the future, would I need to get a new one? Should I hold off on ordering if I don't know if I'll go back before next year?

Also, I am currently residing in Mexico. I looked up the reciprocity table. I just wanted to confirm I am reading it properly. It states you only need a certificate from the state you are living in (not a federal certificate, only state). Is that correct?

Thanks!

In regards to the immunizations, if I have had a tetanus shot but it was 10 years ago, do I need a new one?
Also, with the other shots ie meningococcal, rubella, can I get a titer test from a doctor in the next few months and if it shows I have had my shots already, can I just take in the proof I have had my shots to the medical examiner?

For chicken pox in your table it says no need if you've had chicken pox. Do I need to prove I have already had it? Because I have had it.