• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

She said that it was no problem to indicate her address in my DS-260, she knew why I needed it herself. I don't understand why would she in the first place accept to use her address and then not want me to give a CO (in case of need) such kind of general information about her.
She agreed for her address to be used for mail delivery, she did not agree to be your sponsor. She is not obligated to provide such personal details if the person that connected you does not know that already. I wouldn’t provide information as to how long I’ve been in the US, which might probably be followed by what is my status to a 3rd party wishing to use my address for mail delivery because I consider it to be personal information which shouldn’t be required.

The winners of the last years say that the COs asked some questions about the persons they put in their forms. This is not something I've just dreamt of the other night. :D
Additionally, I clarified why on earth I would think that. :/ This wasn't just my whim. People who've shared their experiences after interviews say that they got asked those questions.
If those people informed the CO the person listed on the form is a sponsor, it makes sense for the CO to wish to know more about the person or how they are related, that is quite normal. We’ve seen that before.

For an applicant who has comfortably demonstrated or who can comfortably demonstrate they’re financially stable, do not need a sponsor, and is unlikely to become a public charge, the CO wouldn’t bother to ask for more details. And even if they did in such situation, stating it is the address of a family friend willing to receive the GC while you’re in the process of securing your own permanent accommodation after arrival would be considered satisfactory. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

She agreed for her address to be used for mail delivery, she did not agree to be your sponsor. She is not obligated to provide such personal details if the person that connected you does not know that already. I wouldn’t provide information as to how long I’ve been in the US, which might probably be followed by what is my status to a 3rd party wishing to use my address for mail delivery because I consider it to be personal information which shouldn’t be required.
In DS-260 do you indicate sponsor? As I remember there is whole another form for that. She knew why I needed her address, name and telephone, I didn't ask her to be my sponsor or anything, I wasn't planning to visit her or bother her in anyway, she could have just said no to her friend, I had another options and that wouldn't be a problem, but changing mind caused me some interruption. She didn't refuse to tell me those information but she didn't want me to tell it at interview, naming that she doesn't want consulate to look through her immigration documents.
By the way thank you for your opinion and answers.

If those people informed the CO the person listed on the form is a sponsor, it makes sense for the CO to wish to know more about the person or how they are related, that is quite normal. We’ve seen that before.

For an applicant who has comfortably demonstrated or who can comfortably demonstrate they’re financially stable, do not need a sponsor, and is unlikely to become a public charge, the CO wouldn’t bother to ask for more details. And even if they did in such situation, stating it is the address of a family friend willing to receive the GC while you’re in the process of securing your own permanent accommodation after arrival would be considered satisfactory. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.
No, I'm not talking about sponsor, I'm talking about a person/U.S. address you indicate in DS-260. Why is this so hard to believe :/

No, I'm not talking about sponsor, I'm talking about a person/U.S. address you indicate in DS-260. Why is this so hard to believe :/
It’s “so hard to believe” that you think people posted COs wanting to know detailed information about someone at an address that wasn’t a sponsor. Because they just don’t. Maybe go back and read those posts again because you might have misunderstood but please don’t continue posting reams of paragraphs about this total non issue and wasting our time more.

It’s “so hard to believe” that you think people posted COs wanting to know detailed information about someone at an address that wasn’t a sponsor. Because they just don’t. Maybe go back and read those posts again because you might have misunderstood but please don’t continue posting reams of paragraphs about this total non issue and wasting our time more.
You are funny now. :D You haven't read those comments and still you're trying to prove me wrong. What is your problem? If you don't want to "waste your time" you can stop replying, it's easy. I think you trying prove something non sense when you haven't even seen it is more nonsense, so goodbye. You are entitled to never response to my comments. :D I don't even know why I have spent so much time trying to explain something someone with the attitude like you.

You are funny now. :D You haven't read those comments and still you're trying to prove me wrong. What is your problem? If you don't want to "waste your time" you can stop replying, it's easy. I think you trying prove something non sense when you haven't even seen it is more nonsense, so goodbye. You are entitled to never response to my comments. :D I don't even know why I have spent so much time trying to explain something someone with the attitude like you.
Indeed, I’m blocking you now. i didn’t come back to this forum to deal with BS. Thanks

Hello, thank you for everyone here for the time and the effort the gave
I want to ask about something, when I was filling ds260 I made a small mistake which is I wrote the surname in the place of the given name, and verse vesra in my mother information's, (but all the other informations in the ds is correct)
so please can you advise me what do u think about this mistake ? is it okay if u wrote the surname and verse versa in the place of the given name in the parents information ? can I correct it in the interview or should I correct it now ?
thank you

Hello, thank you for everyone here for the time and the effort the gave
I want to ask about something, when I was filling ds260 I made a small mistake which is I wrote the surname in the place of the given name, and verse vesra in my mother information's, (but all the other informations in the ds is correct)
so please can you advise me what do u think about this mistake ? is it okay if u wrote the surname and verse versa in the place of the given name in the parents information ? can I correct it in the interview or should I correct it now ?
thank you
This is a minor error which you can correct at the time of your interview. You do not need to unlock your DS260 just for this.

This is a minor error which you can correct at the time of your interview. You do not need to unlock your DS260 just for this.
thank you so much so much for the quick response, so it is okay if u make mistake in the parents informations ?
can you please list the kind of big mistakes that need to reopen ds to correct them ? thank you

Indeed, I’m blocking you now. i didn’t come back to this forum to deal with BS. Thanks
Hey Susie, you know year after year we get misinformed selectees who hold tightly to the misinformation or some form of misconceptions they’ve been provided with outside of this forum, and wouldn’t budge no matter how hard we try to clarify things for them. I think it is just better to step back and let them be, after putting up a couple of correctional information in response of course, and not allow them to get to you.

I get it, you’re passionate about this (like a couple of us are - and I really appreciate your return to the forum by the way), which is why we stay back year after year to help guide new selectees and it can be quite aggravating when someone who doesn’t really “know” insist on posting like they “know”. So yeah, ignore or go ahead and block the OP as you’ve indicated (I also decided to ignore the OP by the way once they started posting things like “why is it so hard to believe”), to help you maintain your sanity in this forum.

thank you so much so much for the quick response, so it is okay if u make mistake in the parents informations ?
can you please list the kind of big mistakes that need to reopen ds to correct them ? thank you
I already stated you can update that information at your interview.

Asking for a “list” of what could constitute a major error requiring a DS260 unlock is like asking how long is a piece of string. Context is a major contributing factor in determining if there’s a need to unlock the DS260 or not. For instance, while one minor error may not require unlocking the DS260 form as the correction can be made at the time of the interview without impacting the outcome of the interview, three to five (or more) “minor” errors by the same person will not be something one would be encouraged to leave until the interview date to correct, right? Omitting one’s maiden name, for instance in the case of a married person who has adopted their spouse’s name; or indicating one has no other names in the “Other Names” section of the DS260 will be considered a major correction requiring unlocking the DS260 form to update prior to the interview date.

I already stated you can update that information at your interview.

Asking for a “list” of what could constitute a major error requiring a DS260 unlock is like asking how long is a piece of string. Context is a major contributing factor in determining if there’s a need to unlock the DS260 or not. For instance, while one minor error may not require unlocking the DS260 form as the correction can be made at the time of the interview without impacting the outcome of the interview, three to five (or more) “minor” errors by the same person will not be something one would be encouraged to leave until the interview date to correct, right? Omitting one’s maiden name, for instance in the case of a married person who has adopted their spouse’s name; or indicating one has no other names in the “Other Names” section of the DS260 will be considered a major correction requiring unlocking the DS260 form to update prior to the interview date.
thank you so much
the last question, did u mean update the information in the day of the interview or correct it ?
because in my case it has to be corrected since I put the surname in the place of the given name and verse versa in my mother's information

Hey Susie, you know year after year we get misinformed selectees who hold tightly to the misinformation or some form of misconceptions they’ve been provided with outside of this forum, and wouldn’t budge no matter how hard we try to clarify things for them. I think it is just better to step back and let them be, after putting up a couple of correctional information in response of course, and not allow them to get to you.

I get it, you’re passionate about this (like a couple of us are - and I really appreciate your return to the forum by the way), which is why we stay back year after year to help guide new selectees and it can be quite aggravating when someone who doesn’t really “know” insist on posting like they “know”. So yeah, ignore or go ahead and block the OP as you’ve indicated (I also decided to ignore the OP by the way once they started posting things like “why is it so hard to believe”), to help you maintain your sanity in this forum.
Yup, I’ve now used the block function twice already since I’ve been back. It’s a sanity preserver lol.
i don’t get people who come for help then continue to insist their misinformation is correct…thankfully these people are in a very small minority.

thank you so much
the last question, did u mean update the information in the day of the interview or correct it ?
because in my case it has to be corrected since I put the surname in the place of the given name and verse versa in my mother's information
Is there a difference between updating the wrong information at the time of the interview and correcting the wrong information at the time of the interview?

Is there a difference between updating the wrong information at the time of the interview and correcting the wrong information at the time of the interview?
sorry, my english is not perfect, I thought there is difference and thank you so much

Hey all,

I have been selected in the DV-2023. I am filling the DS-260 form but I have to fill a US address which I don't have and unfortunately I don't know anyone in the US. What can I add in this section? If I add a random state, do I have to go there if I get my green card or can I change the address later on?

I would pretty much appreciate your help!