• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

It took them some 3 working days to unlock it and getting back to me with confirmation, however I believe it may vary thou. If you intend to send an unlock request (if you haven't did already) a useful piece of advice is to provide all required info in a one go so that you have your reopen request completed without back and forth :)
And additionally, I would like to know if the form completion date (which is indicated on the confirmation page) and Confirmation No. changed to the date of resubmission of your DS-260.

And additionally, I would like to know if the form completion date (which is indicated on the confirmation page) and Confirmation No. changed to the date of resubmission of your DS-260.
I sent it May 9th, and they reopened it May 12th.
And to the 2nd question:
Form completion date changed to the latest date after I resubmitted, but confirmation No. stays the same

EDIT: TIME MAY VARY BASED ON HOW MUCH WORK THEY HAVE

I have a question about filling out DS 260. I thought I was reading you have to use the US form for a street: Housenumber followed by street name, e.g. 5 Ocean Drive. Here in Germany we are using it vice versa, e.g. Ocean Drive 5 or Bahnhofstr. 5. So I filled the form with the US format "5 Bahnhofstr." - is this fine although it is officially Bahnhofstr. 5? If not, could this be an issue?
Has anybody advice on this?

I have a question about filling out DS 260. I thought I was reading you have to use the US form for a street: Housenumber followed by street name, e.g. 5 Ocean Drive. Here in Germany we are using it vice versa, e.g. Ocean Drive 5 or Bahnhofstr. 5. So I filled the form with the US format "5 Bahnhofstr." - is this fine although it is officially Bahnhofstr. 5? If not, could this be an issue?
Has anybody advice on this?
No issue. Don’t overthink it.

You can put down a hotel or temporary address for the purpose of submitting the DS260. You however will need to find a permanent/more reliable address at least by the time you go for your interview so that you get to update the information at that point. Your permanent/more reliable address could be the address of a friend or a friend of a friend as long as it is for someone you trust since that is where your GC will be sent to.
Thank you for the response and info.

Are you (or anyone else) aware of any assistance that US-based foreign embassies offer around this? For example, would it be worth asking an Australian Embassy in the US to accept delivery of the green card for me (and hold it for a few days until I can pick it up)?

Are you (or anyone else) aware of any assistance that US-based foreign embassies offer around this? For example, would it be worth asking an Australian Embassy in the US to accept delivery of the green card for me (and hold it for a few days until I can pick it up)?
Never heard of that. I can’t imagine embassies want to act as postal holding stations, but I guess you can ask.

I am not aware of any and I doubt that is a service foreign embassies provide. It’s like me being outside the US and asking the US embassy in the country I’m visiting to receive and hold on to my mail in that country until I show up to pick them up in person. Anyway I don’t want to discourage you, you can certainly ask the Australian embassy about this.

Hi mom! I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions as I have been selected in DV2023.
Firstly, I would like to mention I am Australian but haven't been back there in a few years. My case number is OC12xx.

1. As I am currently residing in Mexico and also hold a temporary resident visa for Mexico, would I be able to interview here? I ask because as far as I am aware, Mexicans are not allowed to enter the DV lottery, therefore the consulate here may not be familiar with the process? If it is not possible to interview here, could I complete the interview in Canada?

2. Is it true that the quicker you submit your DS-260, the sooner you will be scheduled for an interview? Or do you need the visa bulletin to become current?

3. I applied to do graduate school in the USA a year ago, and my first year starts this fall (August 2022) and I have already had my F1 visa approved. Can I still attend college or will there be some kind of consequence? Will an AOS be quicker than CP? I understand this could show immigrant intent but since my case number is high I don't think chances are good so I am not sure I would want to stall my school attendance.

4. If I am the principal applicant/winner, does my wife also need to prove the education requirement or is it only based off my schooling and education?

Thank you so much! I have learnt a lot from the resources you have provided!!

I am not aware of any and I doubt that is a service foreign embassies provide. It’s like me being outside the US and asking the US embassy in the country I’m visiting to receive and hold on to my mail in that country until I show up to pick them up in person. Anyway I don’t want to discourage you, you can certainly ask the Australian embassy about this.
Never heard of that. I can’t imagine embassies want to act as postal holding stations, but I guess you can ask.
Yeah, I'm not too confident I'll get anywhere with it, but thought I'd check. I'll be sure to post in here if the Embassy surprises me!

Hi mom! I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions as I have been selected in DV2023.
Firstly, I would like to mention I am Australian but haven't been back there in a few years. My case number is OC12xx.

1. As I am currently residing in Mexico and also hold a temporary resident visa for Mexico, would I be able to interview here? I ask because as far as I am aware, Mexicans are not allowed to enter the DV lottery, therefore the consulate here may not be familiar with the process? If it is not possible to interview here, could I complete the interview in Canada?

2. Is it true that the quicker you submit your DS-260, the sooner you will be scheduled for an interview? Or do you need the visa bulletin to become current?

3. I applied to do graduate school in the USA a year ago, and my first year starts this fall (August 2022) and I have already had my F1 visa approved. Can I still attend college or will there be some kind of consequence? Will an AOS be quicker than CP? I understand this could show immigrant intent but since my case number is high I don't think chances are good so I am not sure I would want to stall my school attendance.

4. If I am the principal applicant/winner, does my wife also need to prove the education requirement or is it only based off my schooling and education?

Assuming you don’t mind if someone other than mom answers :rolleyes:
1. You can process Dv at any embassy /consulate that processes immigrant visas. Canadians are not eligible for DV either, btw.
2. You will be processed sooner by KCC, but you cannot be issued a visa before your case number is current. So your interview scheduling will depend on the visa bulletin.
3. Take a good look at the AOS spreadsheet for pros and cons. In general AOS is slower, not quicker, than CP.
4. Only the principal, unless the country of eligibility is based on the derivative spouse’s nationality in which case both need to meet the requirements.

In addition to the spot on response from Susie, yes you can proceed with your schooling plans, there’s no reason to stall it or put it on hold.

Hey there, I won DV-2023, submitted my DS-260 already. I'm thinking of changing my name legally, both my first and last name, and wonder if changing my name can somehow affect my chances of getting the visa.

P.S. I've been thinking of changing my name for a while (even before I found out that I was selected).

What you want is a 'mailbox forwarding service' - that is usually nothing that an embassy would offer, but a commercial enterprise. Those companies provide a street address with a mailbox and will scan or forward incoming mail to you - for a fee, of course.

South Dakota seems very popular for those companies because it is possible to establish residency through those firms and register a vehicle without ever being present - you might notice a good amount of RVs with SD plates for that reason.

What you want is a 'mailbox forwarding service' - that is usually nothing that an embassy would offer, but a commercial enterprise. Those companies provide a street address with a mailbox and will scan or forward incoming mail to you - for a fee, of course.

South Dakota seems very popular for those companies because it is possible to establish residency through those firms and register a vehicle without ever being present - you might notice a good amount of RVs with SD plates for that reason.
AFAIK, in general USPS is prohibited from forwarding the GC after it gets mailed out by USCIS, as such I do have my doubts as to their willingness to deliver the GC to a “residential address” set up by a mail forwarding service company - it is fair to assume USPS is aware those street addresses are not real residential addresses, and that they belong to mail forwarding service companies. For the past 8 years or so, at least one DV selectee posts each year about the possibility of using such a service, none has ever returned to update on if they succeed with using such a service.