Refugee Travel Document - updates 2019 onwards

Hello everyone, so I applied for RTD(1st one) on August,2021 and at that time my I-485 was pending but in October my i485 was approved. Since my status changed ,will there be any issue because in my RTD application I put my status as an "Asylee". Also any experience about how long does I have to wait? Thanks
Congratulations on your gc approval. I applied my first RTD in March, received it in September. 6,5 months. (Nebraska).
at the time you filed your application for RTD, you were not gc holder, so you didn’t do anything wrong. But for further actions you should ask an immigration attorney.
can you share your I 485 timeline? Which service center was it?

Congratulations on your gc approval. I applied my first RTD in March, received it in September. 6,5 months. (Nebraska).
at the time you filed your application for RTD, you were not gc holder, so you didn’t do anything wrong. But for further actions you should ask an immigration attorney.
can you share your I 485 timeline? Which service center was it?
But as I know even with the GC it’s always preferable for the asylee to use RTD until neutralization so it should make no difference if u got the GC or not yet u always need to use the RTD

Yes gc holders still need RTD. when he filed rtd he said his legal status is asylee. But now his status is green card holder. I think He is wondering if he needs to take any action to mention about his status changes.

Yes gc holders still need RTD. when he filed rtd he said his legal status is asylee. But now his status is green card holder. I think He is wondering if he needs to take any action to mention about his status changes.
Aha got you! I didn’t see that! Wish me luck guys waiting for my first RTD since August 1st in Nebraska service center

hey guys! Does anyone have any experience with renewal (obtaining a new one) RTD? I am wondering, since validity of RTD is just one year and processing time to get new one takes 8-9 months, does it make sense to summit i-131 6 months before my current RTD expires? What do you think? I just got my first one and already thinking how to renew it since it's only 1 year :( can you share your experience please?

Guys do you know if i try to expedite my RTD by myself will my attorney knows about it!? I asked her to expedite but she said she’s not a big fan of pressuring on USCIS especially for RTD so I wanna do it by myself but will they notify her? She is on the file cause she is the one applied for me! Do USCIS send any mailing notice if the expedite either approved or not? Or it’s only online status so she won’t know about it as i don’t want her to think I’m doing only what’s on my mind without her permission!

After you make expedite request, it will be visible on online case statu. “Your expedite request has been received”.
If they will approve your request or send rfe she will definitely know about it. Because they will send letter.
If they don’t approve your request, I don’t remember if they send letter or not. It was 6-7 months ago when I requested.
I requested on the phone and It took 2-3 weeks. It wasn’t approved.

Guys do you know if i try to expedite my RTD by myself will my attorney knows about it!? I asked her to expedite but she said she’s not a big fan of pressuring on USCIS especially for RTD so I wanna do it by myself but will they notify her? She is on the file cause she is the one applied for me! Do USCIS send any mailing notice if the expedite either approved or not? Or it’s only online status so she won’t know about it as i don’t want her to think I’m doing only what’s on my mind without her permission!
Of course they'll come to know any updates on case, if not immediately. You can pressure them saying i need it badly so would like to give it a shot. If they ask for more money; then tell them i'll do it by myself

Hello everyone, so I applied for RTD(1st one) on August,2021 and at that time my I-485 was pending but in October my i485 was approved. Since my status changed ,will there be any issue because in my RTD application I put my status as an "Asylee". Also any experience about how long does I have to wait? Thanks
hello dear

i did had the some exact situation with you case . well since it approved assuming you get your green car you good to go it doesn't matter what category you put in the application as long it is valid and you have your green card you can travel . as the RTD i m waiting since July29 , the process time is long we hope it will issue soon.

take care

I applied my first RTD in May 2021 and still waiting SMH.......(Nebraska service center).
That’s crazy!! I applied in August 2021 and still waiting and was hoping to fly in May 2021 but looks like it’s impossible! I can’t understand why they humiliate us like that!!

That’s crazy!! I applied in August 2021 and still waiting and was hoping to fly in May 2021 but looks like it’s impossible! I can’t understand why they humiliate us like that!!
yea it's really crazy and i applied thinking i was gonna be able to travel last year December which i requested time off from work and everything but look is February still nothing ...!!

Honestly trying not to think about it but very hard sometimes.

yea it's really crazy and i applied thinking i was gonna be able to travel last year December which i requested time off from work and everything but look is February still nothing ...!!

Honestly trying not to think about it but very hard sometimes.
I’m thinking to expedite but my attorney doesn’t wanna me do that for the RTD cause i will expedite for The GC cause i need it urgently for important reason that qualify for expediting so I don’t wanna expedite a lot with them from
Now but i need to travel for real!!

it's pointless to apply for RTD at this point to be honest . it s a travel document for the purpose of traveling , even waiting 3 months is ridiculous let alone a year or more .

it's pointless to apply for RTD at this point to be honest . it s a travel document for the purpose of traveling , even waiting 3 months is ridiculous let alone a year or more .
The USCIS love us way too much to the limit that they don’t wanna us leave the states even for 1 month hahaha

I checked USCIS website they increase processing times to 10 -13.5 months
Why did they do that
Processing times are not necessarily accurate ! I’m expecting ypu to receive your RTD very soon hopefully but most of the people got it after 9-10 months