Refugee Travel Document - updates 2019 onwards

It is backdated from approval date. Not application date. If you are approved on February 2022, it will be backdated to Feb 2021

Is the validity of the green card back dated to 2018? Or starts from the date it got issued?
Starts from the date of GC approval!! If you applied in 2018 and they send you the card in 2022 then it will be 2021 on the GC as the asylee GC is backdated 1 year from the GC approval date not the asylum approval date

Starts from the date of GC approval!! If you applied in 2018 and they send you the card in 2022 then it will be 2021 on the GC as the asylee GC is backdated 1 year from the GC approval date not the asylum approval date
Thanks for the reply. I thought the validity is from the date they accept your GC application. Say u applied in 2018 and got approved in 2022. I thought it's valid from 2018 that they accept your GC application. Meaning he still need 4 more yrs to be eligible for citizenship

Thanks for the reply. I thought the validity is from the date they accept your GC application. Say u applied in 2018 and got approved in 2022. I thought it's valid from 2018 that they accept your GC application. Meaning he still need 4 more yrs to be eligible for citizenship
The date of the approval on the card is what matters.

Hi everyone, is there anyways I receive travel document with longer expiration? I have green card, but I’m waiting for about 10 months to receive travel document! The USCIS website says it takes over 12 months!!! That’s insane!
The processing time is longer than expiration!!!
I feel really stuck here and like to travel!
Appreciate any help.

Hi everyone, is there anyways I receive travel document with longer expiration? I have green card, but I’m waiting for about 10 months to receive travel document! The USCIS website says it takes over 12 months!!! That’s insane!
Appreciate any help.
Been waiting for 11 months and 22 days!

Appreciate any help.
unfortunately no .

With the GC, you can go to Mexico with an RTD.

Yes!

What other travel documents do Green card holders need to go to Mexico?​

According to Mexico's visa policy, foreign nationals holding a valid US permanent residence, regardless of nationality, are not required to obtain a Mexican visa if they visit for tourism purposes. Green card holders working in Mexico must obtain a work visa from Mexico's National Immigration Institute (INM). This means only green card holders who are visiting Mexico as tourists can go without a visa. However, you still need to buy a Mexico tourist card. https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/solicitud.html

A Mexico tourist card is a permit required by all foreign citizen travelers who will be visiting Mexico and will not be engaging in any salaried work. The tourist card is also called "Forma Migratoria Múltiple" (FMM) and was formerly known as an FMT. It is valid for up to 180 days and will allow you to stay in Mexico for the given time. If you wish to extend your stay by more than 180 days, you must exit and re-enter Mexico with a new tourist card. Due to most commercial airlines no longer handing out immigration forms, applying for your tourist card online is best. This will help avoid any delays when arriving at immigration.

Hi Guys, I have been a reader for sometime never posted. it's awesome to see so much community and so many information being shared.
I have a question, I am getting my RTD of the first time, I applied in August 2021. I am traveling Nepal for a trekking expedition with a group of friends and I enquired about visa etc requirements from embassy of Nepal. they tell me I have to apply for visa and get some Nepali citizen sponsorship unless the travel document says the following, what do I do?

"Sponsorship is needed for the refugee travel document. That's mandatory. If you have a regular travel document with 'permit to reenter USA' you don't need prior visa and sponsorship. But if it is a refugee travel document with no such endorsement, you need the prior visa and the sponsorship as mentioned in our notice on the website."

Hi guys anybody got a turkey visa on RTD. How long did it take. And was wondering how long is RTD taking these days.

Thanks.

Did anybody try to expedite RTD recently and what was is a good reason/ do they require documents for that.

Can we do premium processing for form I131 for Refuge Travel Document? If so please let me know what's the cost/USCIS fees.

This week I got approved after 14 months. Should I apply for another one because it says 17 months already to get another one.