Refugee Travel Document - updates 2019 onwards

Unbelievable that processing time keep extending . Now from 14 to 17 months. It would probably reach to 2 yrs in few months . Waiting time is longer than TD validity . Probably the best case would be to apply for next one once you receive a new one but eventually they will send you a RFE to send them back the original one . In this case you might save some times

Unbelievable that processing time keep extending . Now from 14 to 17 months. It would probably reach to 2 yrs in few months . Waiting time is longer than TD validity . Probably the best case would be to apply for next one once you receive a new one but eventually they will send you a RFE to send them back the original one . In this case you might save some times
Honestly agree with you !!

Does anybody know if I travel to Bosnia Herzegovina and Montenegro with 1 stop or 2 stops do I need a visa other than RTD on a plane in landed country whatever the first stop or second stop before final destination? I just received my RTD almost 15 months and planning to trip out there.

Does anybody know if I travel to Bosnia Herzegovina and Montenegro with 1 stop or 2 stops do I need a visa other than RTD on a plane in landed country whatever the first stop or second stop before final destination? I just received my RTD almost 15 months and planning to trip out there.

I travelled to Bosnia from The Nederlands, and travelled back from Bosnia to Germany. No visa required, no problems at the arrivals and departures. Only flying from Germany to US they kept me 45 minutes for check in. They told me that I need a visa or green card to enter to US. After 45 minutes they could confirmed my RTD.

I travelled to Bosnia from The Nederlands, and travelled back from Bosnia to Germany. No visa required, no problems at the arrivals and departures. Only flying from Germany to US they kept me 45 minutes for check in. They told me that I need a visa or green card to enter to US. After 45 minutes they could confirmed my RTD.
Thank you for your respond. I also wonder when I travel to Bosnia from US, there is no direct flight. So when i travel transit between flights do i need a visa or anything? For example US to first stop either one(France or Poland or Austria) Final Bosnia. Am I going to be OK to travel through between this countries?

Thank you for your respond. I also wonder when I travel to Bosnia from US, there is no direct flight. So when i travel transit between flights do i need a visa or anything? For example US to first stop either one(France or Poland or Austria) Final Bosnia. Am I going to be OK to travel through between this countries?

You should check the visa regime for the each country. It is different for the each country and depends on your country of citizenship, but when I made a search last year for the Schengen, most of them require visa for transit flights for US RTD except for Germany, Belgium, The Nederlands, Hungary and Slovakia.

There are some websites you can enter your information and flight plan then it shows you requirements.

You should check the visa regime for the each country. It is different for the each country and depends on your country of citizenship, but when I made a search last year for the Schengen, most of them require visa for transit flights for US RTD except for Germany, Belgium, The Nederlands, Hungary and Slovakia.

There are some websites you can enter your information and flight plan then it shows you requirements.
Thank you. I will take a look at it. This is helpful.

Okay my RTD timeline:
- I am from India and I have a A05 GC.
- applied for RTD Apr 08, 2022.
- fingerprints automatically got applied Apr 08, 2022.
- RTD approved Apr 24, 2023.

I am planning a trip to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and then going to stop see family in the UK. Maximum time I plan to be outside is 20-25 days. I plan on getting visas on the RTD for both these destinations. What are the things to keep in mind to ensure smooth re-entry into the US?

Okay my RTD timeline:

I am planning a trip to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and then going to stop see family in the UK. Maximum time I plan to be outside is 20-25 days. I plan on getting visas on the RTD for both these destinations. What are the things to keep in mind to ensure smooth re-entry into the US?
I do not know yet because I have not gotten outside yet.

Okay my RTD timeline:

All you need is your valid RTD with the visa of where u heading, I traveled out for 3 months last year and when returning i was only ask for passport then I handed over my RTD to the IO he then looked at it and said pls follow me for 2nd inspection and it was also like 5-6 minute. IO gave me my RTD and said have a great day …no question asked

Does anyone know how to return US if holding a valid green card but the RTD is lost overseas during a temporary visit for less than 1 year? (No passport available.)

Does anyone know how to return US if holding a valid green card but the RTD is lost overseas during a temporary visit for less than 1 year? (No passport available.)
Just go to the US embassy there with your green card and explain it to them and also make sure to go with your police report

Hello everyone, I learnt from previous discussions here that a RTD holder without Schengen visa can first fly to Germany, Belgium or Netherlands and then take road or railway trips to other countries such as France. How can I find which countries are not able to be visited in this way? Can I visit Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria?

Did you travel without a Green Card?

Did you travel without a Green Card?
So, no visa was needed for these countries? How to find which country i need visa & which don't need it?