• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello,

If a low case number who was current in october gets DQed late, say December, and a higher CN (say current in december bulletin) but was DQed much before, who will get interview first in next batch of intwrviews (february)? Will they give priority to the lower CN or as per who was DQed first noting that both are current.
When both case numbers are current, which one of them is lower doesn't matter any more. So most probably KCC will schedule for interview based on DQ date.

Hello,

If a low case number who was current in october gets DQed late, say December, and a higher CN (say current in december bulletin) but was DQed much before, who will get interview first in next batch of intwrviews (february)? Will they give priority to the lower CN or as per who was DQed first noting that both are current.
If we take the delays into account, logically the priority ought to go to the lower case number.

If we take the delays into account, logically the priority ought to go to the lower case number.
Not really - at best that would only be the case for applicants at the same consulate but anyway, delays can be due to various things including applicants being tardy in sending in once requested, or having to resend a few times before they get it right. So you could at least equally say that logically DQ is the right way to queue for interview, the same way NVC does for other immigrant visas. This is by the way one of the main reasons britsimon tells people to get their docs in without being asked - to get your place in line.

Not really - at best that would only be the case for applicants at the same consulate but anyway, delays can be due to various things including applicants being tardy in sending in once requested, or having to resend a few times before they get it right. So you could at least equally say that logically DQ is the right way to queue for interview, the same way NVC does for other immigrant visas. This is by the way one of the main reasons britsimon tells people to get their docs in without being asked - to get your place in line.
It does make sense, and i agree that being DQed plays a crucial role in one's process. What comes to mind is do lower case numbers really jump ahead in front of higher case numbers when it comes to processing and DQing? If that were the case, and the chronological method KCC always uses, we would see interviews being queued according to DQed case numbers, and according to current visa bulletins. And then i can agree that if a lower, and a higher case number are both DQed, and both current in a bulletin, the one that has been DQed first will be scheduled first.

It does make sense, and i agree that being DQed plays a crucial role in one's process. What comes to mind is do lower case numbers really jump ahead in front of higher case numbers when it comes to processing and DQing? If that were the case, and the chronological method KCC always uses, we would see interviews being queued according to DQed case numbers, and according to current visa bulletins. And then i can agree that if a lower, and a higher case number are both DQed, and both current in a bulletin, the one that has been DQed first will be scheduled first.
İ understand it is a lottery and as a written there it is not guaranteed to get visa or visa interview. But if it works like this who become DQ first they get interview first even though they CN high i think it is not fair.because I submitted my DS 5month ago almost half year and no any email from KCC so far , so how early should i have submitted!!?? many applicants submitted in June july even August I personally think it is quite enough time to process DS 260 . It would be better they mention it they process DS regarding submitting date on website for people be aware.
Lets say if everything goes well and applicant who cn was current in october and will get interview january or February it is also not good for applicant who case number current February or January ,low cn applicant take they time as well.

İ understand it is a lottery and as a written there it is not guaranteed to get visa or visa interview. But if it works like this who become DQ first they get interview first even though they CN high i think it is not fair.because I submitted my DS 5month ago almost half year and no any email from KCC so far , so how early should i have submitted!!?? many applicants submitted in June july even August I personally think it is quite enough time to process DS 260 . It would be better they mention it they process DS regarding submitting date on website for people be aware.
Lets say if everything goes well and applicant who cn was current in october and will get interview january or February it is also not good for applicant who case number current February or January ,low cn applicant take they time as well.
You do understand that you need to both be DQ and have your number current to get an interview, right? So someone with a high number is not going to get an interview just because they are DQ, if their high number is not current yet. it’s not clear from the way you wrote the post that you understand this. The progression of the visa bulletin is the main mechanism by which low numbers get scheduled ahead of high numbers. Yes, once anyone in a particular month is current they can get an interview. Then it technically doesn’t matter anymore who is higher or lower as you are all eligible anyway. You may as well say it’s not fair that someone with a higher number at an embassy with ten selectees a month who all interview in week one of the month, gets an interview before someone with a lower number at a busier embassy who can only interview later in the month. It’s never been about strict case number order even before the DQ process came in. The mess up here is that there are 20 people at KCC doing a job requiring more people, and the pandemic has interrupted and backlogged things, and the DV21 lawsuit has used up resources that by this time would be being used on DV22, and in your example, the October person should be interviewing in October, but that’s just not happening right now. And I hate to bring more bad news, but what is good news for the 9k DV21 selectees who need to be processed this FY on judge mehta’s orders is bad news for you guys because it again means more resources (both KCC and embassy) are being diverted away from DV22 to DV21.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. I think KCC is creating an unnecessary bottleneck with their approach of processing the ds 260 form. My CN is less than 1000 AF and haven't received document request because I submitted my ds in July. We just have to wait and see. Good luck everyone.

You do understand that you need to both be DQ and have your number current to get an interview, right? So someone with a high number is not going to get an interview just because they are DQ, if their high number is not current yet. it’s not clear from the way you wrote the post that you understand this. The progression of the visa bulletin is the main mechanism by which low numbers get scheduled ahead of high numbers. Yes, once anyone in a particular month is current they can get an interview. Then it techncially doesn’t matter anymore who is higher or lower as you are all eligible anyway. You may as well say it’s not fair that someone with a higher number at an embassy with ten selectees a month who all interview in week one of the month, gets an interview before someone with a lower number at a busier embassy who can only interview later in the month. It’s never been about strict case number order even before the DQ process came in. The mess up here is that there are 20 people at KCC doing a job requiring more people, and the pandemic has interrupted and backlogged things, and the DV21 lawsuit has used up resources that by this time would be being used on DV22, and in your example, the October person should be interviewing in October, but that’s just not happening right now. And I hate to bring more bad news, but what is good news for the 9k DV21 selectees who need to be processed this FY on judge mehta’s orders is bad news for you guys because it again means more resources (both KCC and embassy) are being diverted away from DV22 to DV21.
Regarding what you said, I think the DV 2022 will need lawsuits as well:(

You do understand that you need to both be DQ and have your number current to get an interview, right? So someone with a high number is not going to get an interview just because they are DQ, if their high number is not current yet. it’s not clear from the way you wrote the post that you understand this. The progression of the visa bulletin is the main mechanism by which low numbers get scheduled ahead of high numbers. Yes, once anyone in a particular month is current they can get an interview. Then it technically doesn’t matter anymore who is higher or lower as you are all eligible anyway. You may as well say it’s not fair that someone with a higher number at an embassy with ten selectees a month who all interview in week one of the month, gets an interview before someone with a lower number at a busier embassy who can only interview later in the month. It’s never been about strict case number order even before the DQ process came in. The mess up here is that there are 20 people at KCC doing a job requiring more people, and the pandemic has interrupted and backlogged things, and the DV21 lawsuit has used up resources that by this time would be being used on DV22, and in your example, the October person should be interviewing in October, but that’s just not happening right now. And I hate to bring more bad news, but what is good news for the 9k DV21 selectees who need to be processed this FY on judge mehta’s orders is bad news for you guys because it again means more resources (both KCC and embassy) are being diverted away from DV22 to DV21.You do understand that you need to both be DQ and have your number current to get an interview, right? So someone with a high number is not going to get an interview just because they are DQ, if their high number is not current yet. it’s not clear from the way you wrote the post that you understand this. The progression of the visa bulletin is the main mechanism by which low numbers get scheduled ahead of high numbers. Yes, once anyone in a particular month is current they can get an interview. Then it technically doesn’t matter anymore who is higher or lower as you are all eligible anyway. You may as well say it’s not fair that someone with a higher number at an embassy with ten selectees a month who all interview in week one of the month, gets an interview before someone with a lower number at a busier embassy who can only interview later in the month. It’s never been about strict case number order even before the DQ process came in. The mess up here is that there are 20 people at KCC doing a job requiring more people, and the pandemic has interrupted and backlogged things, and the DV21 lawsuit has used up resources that by this time would be being used on DV22, and in your example, the October person should be interviewing in October, but that’s just not happening right now. And I hate to bring more bad news, but what is good news for the 9k DV21 selectees who need to be processed this FY on judge mehta’s orders is bad news for you guys because it again means more resources (both KCC and embassy) are being diverted away from DV22 to DV21

Hello, Does unlocking mean anything for my case?

first ds 260 submit: May 30

Resubmitting: September 18

Send scans without request: 11 October

Will it affect the date of the interview or smt?
This question has been asked multiple times. According to other people no. You can also read back through the thread to see discussions about questions (which are almost always the same ones asked).

Why not pass the candidates who are currently DQ to the interview rather than waiting for the case number to be current !?

You do understand that you need to both be DQ and have your number current to get an interview, right? So someone with a high number is not going to get an interview just because they are DQ, if their high number is not current yet. it’s not clear from the way you wrote the post that you understand this. The progression of the visa bulletin is the main mechanism by which low numbers get scheduled ahead of high numbers. Yes, once anyone in a particular month is current they can get an interview. Then it technically doesn’t matter anymore who is higher or lower as you are all eligible anyway. You may as well say it’s not fair that someone with a higher number at an embassy with ten selectees a month who all interview in week one of the month, gets an interview before someone with a lower number at a busier embassy who can only interview later in the month. It’s never been about strict case number order even before the DQ process came in. The mess up here is that there are 20 people at KCC doing a job requiring more people, and the pandemic has interrupted and backlogged things, and the DV21 lawsuit has used up resources that by this time would be being used on DV22, and in your example, the October person should be interviewing in October, but that’s just not happening right now. And I hate to bring more bad news, but what is good news for the 9k DV21 selectees who need to be processed this FY on judge mehta’s orders is bad news for you guys because it again means more resources (both KCC and embassy) are being diverted away from DV22 to DV21.
Hello SusieQQQ
I know for have an interview CN need to be current . I would like to know if i be DQ in January with my CN around EUxxxx1500, who CN 3 times higher than mine but become DQ before me and we both current for January KCC will assign interview for applicant who become DQ first or regarding CN number?

Why not pass the candidates who are currently DQ to the interview rather than waiting for the case number to be current !?
Because immigration law doesn’t work that way. Case numbers (and priority dates for other immigrant visa categories) are required determinants of whether a visa is available to a particular applicant.

Hello SusieQQQ
I know for have an interview CN need to be current . I would like to know if i be DQ in January with my CN around EUxxxx1500, who CN 3 times higher than mine but become DQ before me and we both current for January KCC will assign interview for applicant who become DQ first or regarding CN number?
DQ, because as I believe has been explained a number of times before, everyone is “equally current” once you are all current (and again this question is essentially meaningless anyway unless you are both at the same consulate). If you are all current the entire point is that visas are available for everyone below the cutoff. I don’t really understand why this is even an issue. To turn your question around, if someone takes three months after KCC sends a document request to send in their docs and therefore becomes DQ later than someone else who responded quickly, if they are both current is it still “fair” that the sloppy one gets an interview first?