• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hi All! We have entered the US with our DV visas on the 20th of September. It was all very quick and smooth, the officer just opened the envelopes didn't even review all the documents and put a stamp in our passports, took a picture and we were free to go. I am checking my case status on my USCIS account since then, but I am not sure what I should expect. I still can only see an update from the 3rd of September: immigration fee payment received, but nothin that would indicate, that we entered or that something is happening. There is only one thing above this update under the case description Submitted on: September 22nd, but no further description on what does it relate to. Same if I check the receipt number on the online tracker, it just says Immigrant fee payment receives. Do you know if this is fine like this or if I should talk to USCIS? What should I expect to see? Thank you!
This is normal - as far as I recall there is no further update until the card is produced and put in the mail, and that could take a few weeks/couple of months. There is definitely no update just to indicate you’ve entered - the receipt number is for the green card and any further updates will be in respect to production and mailing of it,

Reactions: TSU
Hello. I am a dv visa holder. But when I entered the USA, the immigration officer did not take my fingerprints. I would like to know if this is normal?

According to members here, they're supposed to take your fingerprint. But I also experienced the same thing, no fingerprint. I think later, we might need to schedule a biometric appointment with USCIS.

According to members here, they're supposed to take your fingerprint. But I also experienced the same thing, no fingerprint. I think later, we might need to schedule a biometric appointment with USCIS.
Same here. They did not take fingerprints, just a photo. But they took fingerprints from me at the consulate like three times. Can't it be, that that's sufficient?

On the fingerprint topic. Found this on the internet, regarding the biometrics: If you are applying for immigration from outside the United States, your biometrics appointment will be at the U.S. consulate or embassy processing your application.
They did take fingerprints from me from all fingers at least twice during my interview. The officer at the entry took only a photo. I specifically asked him twice if he is sure there is nothing else to do and he said no, that's it, you will get your card within 90 days.
I already received my social security card, so I would assume everything is on track, but now I am not sure. Should we who fid not have our fingerprints taken take any action?

On the fingerprint topic. Found this on the internet, regarding the biometrics: If you are applying for immigration from outside the United States, your biometrics appointment will be at the U.S. consulate or embassy processing your application.
They did take fingerprints from me from all fingers at least twice during my interview. The officer at the entry took only a photo. I specifically asked him twice if he is sure there is nothing else to do and he said no, that's it, you will get your card within 90 days.
I already received my social security card, so I would assume everything is on track, but now I am not sure. Should we who fid not have our fingerprints taken take any action?
USCIS will contact you if they need your bio captured or recaptured in order to produce your GC.

My nationality is one of the nationals that is currently not eligible to apply for the DV Lottery but the country of birth of my spouse is eligible for the DV but her nationality is not eligible because she doesn't have nationality from her country of birth just birth certificate and an indication on her passport where place of birth written. Please how does this work? What are the documents required if any of us win the DV? Thank you

My nationality is one of the nationals that is currently not eligible to apply for the DV Lottery but the country of birth of my spouse is eligible for the DV but her nationality is not eligible because she doesn't have nationality from her country of birth just birth certificate and an indication on her passport where place of birth written. Please how does this work? What are the documents required if any of us win the DV? Thank you
Place of birth is what matters, as long as she has the birth certificate to support the claim. The nationality is irrelevant.

I am DV 2021AF6177 selectee who has not been scheduled for the interview yet the fiscal year is closing 30th, September. What should I expect after September 30th?

I am DV 2021AF6177 selectee who has not been scheduled for the interview yet the fiscal year is closing 30th, September. What should I expect after September 30th?

Depends whether you are a plaintiff on a lawsuit or not.

Non plaintiffs will most likely lose their opportunity in 2 days time (if Judge Mehta doesn't come up with a surprise).

If you are a plaintiff you would probably have more chance because I expect Judge Mehta to reserve "some" visas

Current suggested legislative changes are suggesting protecting DV2020 and DV2021 cases who lost out, BUT that law is not passed yet.

#DV2021 #GoodluckvBiden update- government has filed their report. Only 50,756 #DV2021 visa applicants submitted DS-260 applications.

What do they mean by this?

2. The KCC received Immigrant Visa Electronic Applications, or DS-260s, from
50,756 DV2021 selectees. The KCC is not able to track centrally the total number of lmmigrant
Visa Electronic Applications from derivative beneficiaries.

Hello!
One hopefully last question regarding our recent immigration. I was browsing through my USCIS profile and I saw that my mailing address was listed as provided in the DS260 and as confirmed at entry, however the physical address was empty. I have updated the physical address under my and my wife's profile to basically list the exact same address as the already provided mailing address.

Do you know if I also need to submit the AR-11 change of address form in this case as well? The address has not changed it just wasn't listed as my physical address under my profile.

Thank you.

Hello!
One hopefully last question regarding our recent immigration. I was browsing through my USCIS profile and I saw that my mailing address was listed as provided in the DS260 and as confirmed at entry, however the physical address was empty. I have updated the physical address under my and my wife's profile to basically list the exact same address as the already provided mailing address.

Do you know if I also need to submit the AR-11 change of address form in this case as well? The address has not changed it just wasn't listed as my physical address under my profile.

Thank you.
No AR-11 submission required, your address has not changed.

Reactions: TSU
Anyone knows the exact number of Goh plaintiffs that are remaining?

According to ckuck on last YouTube live:
861 original plaintiffs
149 were adjudicated by end of Sept 27th (could be more by Sept 30th)
69 refused (but could be AP)
Equals 643 remaining plaintiffs (very rough estimate)

I think our chances now as Goh plaintiffs competing in our pool are anywhere between %30 to ±%40 (481 reserved visas / ±1286 plaintiffs and their derivatives)

Anybody has different theory?

Last edited:
Anyone knows the exact number of Goh plaintiffs that are remaining?

According to ckuck on last YouTube live:
861 original plaintiffs
149 were adjudicated by end of Sept 27th (could be more by Sept 30th)
69 refused (but could be AP)
Equals 643 remaining plaintiffs (very rough estimate)

I think our chances now as Goh plaintiffs competing in our pool are anywhere between %30 to ±%40 (481 reserved visas / ±1286 plaintiffs and their derivatives)

Anybody has different theory?
Hi @PhantomHigh !

Thank you! I was trying to understand why they wanted to reserve 2250 visas, if with the derivatives were approx. 940? Because everybody was saying (even Chuck) that in the Goh there is approx. 430 plaintiff and with the derivatives there's 9xx... (I heard it a few times)

How this number became 2250? Also do you know from this number (if it's really 1286 plaintiff) how many of us is DQ?

I don't blame the lawyers, I think the judge wanted to warn all of us and the future winners not to take these kind of actions against the gov. Because he could reserve all the remain visas...

Hi @PhantomHigh !

Thank you! I was trying to understand why they wanted to reserve 2250 visas, if with the derivatives were approx. 940? Because everybody was saying (even Chuck) that in the Goh there is approx. 430 plaintiff and with the derivatives there's 9xx... (I heard it a few times)

How this number became 2250? Also do you know from this number (if it's really 1286 plaintiff) how many of us is DQ?

I don't blame the lawyers, I think the judge wanted to warn all of us and the future winners not to take these kind of actions against the gov. Because he could reserve all the remain visas...
Honestly, I don’t know how our lawyers came up with this number (2250).
ALL Goh plaintiffs AND their derivatives are certainly less than 2250 individuals.
Maybe they over-asked in hope that they will get relief for their exact number of plaintiffs and their beneficiaries.

There is no way for us to know how many Goh plaintiffs are DQ. The only way is to ask ckuck or Aaron as they are the only ones who have access to the self-submitted database that they sent to our emails on Sept 18th.

The Judge has his own point of view, where he wants plaintiffs to have the same probability of adjudication regardless of any other external factors. At least that’s what I understood from his order.

This puts us in another lottery though..