• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 Sri Lankan Winners

There was a question in DS 260 when filling about each education institute I attended.

"Degree/Diploma"?

Firstly, I mentioned my highest qualification as bachelor degree, and answer for above is "degree",

Secondly, For High School education, I stated as neither degree nor diploma, but "General Certificate of A/Level", that's the exam we had at the end of high school and get grades - Which is the requirement of local embassy to prove the completion of High school. (Stated in Local US Embassy Website)

As in my country "Diploma" is known to be a level of qualification below degree level in my country.

But later I got to know that, in USA, term "Diploma" is meant to be any certification,

So my question is,

1. Do I need to change it by unlocking my Ds 260? (I mean is there any chance KCC will refuse to process my application to document request)?

2. Since I mentioned my highest qualification as University degree, will above matter create issue in processing my application to next step?

@Sm1smom ?
@Dan_Carter What about you (in sri Lankan context)?
Hi MNE,

I have only added the highest educational qualification as stated "University Degree" by adding my BSc. That's a good point you have made, Do we have to mention our high school qualifications (Advanced Level) as such in DS-260?

Hi MNE,

I have only added the highest educational qualification as stated "University Degree" by adding my BSc. That's a good point you have made, Do we have to mention our high school qualifications (Advanced Level) as such in DS-260?
The DS260 instructions clearly tell you to list ALL educational institutions attended at secondary level or above.

The DS260 instructions clearly tell you to list ALL educational institutions attended at secondary level or above.
@SusieQQQ Yeah I have made a huge blunder there. I will unlock the DS-260 and add every detail of it. @MNE You also do the same, Make sure to get the confirmation email this time to your personal mail. @SusieQQQ Appreciate your guidance as always :)

@SusieQQQ Yeah I have made a huge blunder there. I will unlock the DS-260 and add every detail of it. @MNE You also do the same, Make sure to get the confirmation email this time to your personal mail. @SusieQQQ Appreciate your guidance as always :)
@Dan_Carter , I have added Education details since Age of 11 ( since Grade 6).

Confirmation email can be get at any tme even after completing the DS260 form, it contains the same confirmation page which can b printed as PDF as well.
@SusieQQQ , correct if am worng?

Thank u so much. I heard 21000 wasnt called for interview last year. So i was kinda doubtful.
? Where did you “hear” this? All numbers went current both last year and this year. Last year had the Trump ban though and this year was still pandemic affected, but nothing wrong with the case number.

A friend of mine told so. One of her husband's friends was selected and wasn't called for the interview. My friend does not know the full story though. Perhaps some issues in submitted documents. Anyway good to hear a positive response :)

A friend of mine told so. One of her husband's friends was selected and wasn't called for the interview. My friend does not know the full story though. Perhaps some issues in submitted documents. Anyway good to hear a positive response :)
Whatever the reason was, it was nothing to do with the case number.

@SusieQQQ I sent a mail to KCC last week to unlock my DS-260 but they haven't unlocked it yet. This will take sometime with the ongoing scenarios correct? :)

TIA