• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 Sri Lankan Winners

@MNE Yeah 23 was enough under the "Other Names Used" field. I entered "Perera" as my surename and enterd "*********** Arachchige" as Other names used.
@SusieQQQ @Dan_Carter , in case if the characters in my spouse surname are more than allowed no of chanrecters within the space given for "surname" in OTHER NAME, what should I do?
Any suggestion
Can I include the remaining part in space given for "given name"

@SusieQQQ @Dan_Carter , in case if the characters in my spouse surname are more than allowed no of chanrecters within the space given for "surname" in OTHER NAME, what should I do?
Any suggestion
Can I include the remaining part in space given for "given name"
No, do not enter it as part of given name
At interview mention it to interviewer

In that case, the surname I enter will not be a complete one (due to character limitation), isnt it?

@SusieQQQ Is it ok to leave as uncompleted surname?
She already answered your question. When you go for your interview you mention the fact that you couldn’t enter the full surname/lastname on the DS260 because the field is limited! The truth is the name fields on the GC itself is also character limited. Your middle name (if you have one) or the surname itself will most likely get truncated on the physical GC you get issued with at the end.

She already answered your question. When you go for your interview you mention the fact that you couldn’t enter the full surname/lastname on the DS260 because the field is limited! The truth is the name fields on the GC itself is also character limited. Your middle name (if you have one) or the surname itself will most likely get truncated on the physical GC you get issued with at the end.
@Sm1smom thanks for the response, but I'm still confused.

Let me put like this.
My spouse's commonly used name is
LastName : Bbbb Cccc
Given Name : Dddd Eeee
This is the name almost all the documents have (including passport & educational docs.), and this is the one I included to her DS260 as her name in the first most fields. (No character limitation issues.)

But in one document ( National identity card - which may appear in Police clearence certificate), her name appears as,
Last name : Aaaa Bbbb Cccc

So I thought include this as " Other Names" Used - in the bottom of the personal info page of ds260.

But the additional part "Aaaa" in the Last cause the problem, which I cannot insert full last name "Aaaa Bbbb Cccc"

Hope you are clear about the issue I'm having.
Please clarify. @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

@Sm1smom thanks for the response, but I'm still confused.

Let me put like this.
My spouse's commonly used name is
LastName : Bbbb Cccc
This is the name almost all the documents have (including passport & educational docs.), and this is the one I included to her DS260 as her name in the first most fields. (No character limitation issues.)

But in one document ( National identity card - which may appear in Police clearence certificate), her name appears as,
Last name : Aaaa Bbbb Cccc

So I thought include this as " Other Names" Used - in the bottom of the personal info page of ds260.

But the additional part "Aaaa" in the Last cause the problem, which I cannot insert full last name "Aaaa Bbbb Cccc"

Hope you are clear about the issue I'm having.
Please clarify. @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
Enter as many characters as the fields allow in the Other Names section for the “Aaaa Bbbb Cccc" last name.

Reactions: MNE
There was a question in DS 260 when filling about each education institute I attended.

"Degree/Diploma"?

Firstly, I mentioned my highest qualification as bachelor degree, and answer for above is "degree",

Secondly, For High School education, I stated as neither degree nor diploma, but "General Certificate of A/Level", that's the exam we had at the end of high school and get grades - Which is the requirement of local embassy to prove the completion of High school. (Stated in Local US Embassy Website)

As in my country "Diploma" is known to be a level of qualification below degree level in my country.

But later I got to know that, in USA, term "Diploma" is meant to be any certification,

So my question is,

1. Do I need to change it by unlocking my Ds 260? (I mean is there any chance KCC will refuse to process my application to document request)?

2. Since I mentioned my highest qualification as University degree, will above matter create issue in processing my application to next step?

@Sm1smom ?
@Dan_Carter What about you (in sri Lankan context)?

Hello,

Thank you for having this forum. Has anyone completed the DS 260 ? I have several question with regard my previous addresses. Did you guys fill that in DS 260. Did you put all the addresses like you stayed during university ?
Yes. We did