• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Since the 2019 Public Charge Final Rule is no longer in effect is it okay to apply AOS without sending Tax Transcripts although i have filed tax for the past 4 years?
However, I am sending my sponsor's signed Form I-134 and his W2.
So should I send my Tax Transcript as well?

I am applying for AOS and I have mentioned that I worked at college during 2016 (6 months). Currently, I am not employed. Do i need to send them my copy of the employment letter of 2016?
If yes do I need to send the W2 as well?

Good evening mates,
Quick question: I am under a J1 visa with a ds2019 that ends on July 14, 2021 (3 years).
I got my new ds2019 dated April 15, 2021 for the 2 year extension of my J1.

My first thought and if I send the package before July 14 and only include the first DS2019 (I am waiting DV administrative fee payment).
Am I right or should I send both in the AOS package ?
You have both, send both. It costs nothing extra to do so.

Since the 2019 Public Charge Final Rule is no longer in effect is it okay to apply AOS without sending Tax Transcripts although i have filed tax for the past 4 years?
However, I am sending my sponsor's signed Form I-134 and his W2.
So should I send my Tax Transcript as well?
The 2019 Public Charge Rule not being in effect doesn’t mean the expectation to overcome public charge perception or to demonstrate one is fulfilling all of their expected obligations as a resident alien are no longer applicable. Including your tax transcripts is recommended.

Good night,

Tonight I contacted my congress representative to have an expedite due to the urgency of the case (DV lottery visa + FTJ). I explained that my wife may not be able to get her GC as the fiscal year may come to an end and I don't even have my interview or biometrics scheduled yet. Nevertheless, in the response I got it mentions that there are only some specific scenarios where the case can be expedited "Information regarding expedite criteria is available on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request".

Is there anything more I can do? Could I maybe mention this as a humanitarian issue? My wife is really my emotional support and being separated for more than 2 years now without being reunited in the forseeable future if we reach the end of the fiscal year is very hard.

Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately I do not believe your case qualifies for an expedite under the humanitarian category. A humanitarian expedite request involves situations such as “the requestor is gravely ill and has a critical need to travel to obtain medical treatment in a limited amount of time, or where a vulnerable person’s safety may be compromised due to a breach of confidentiality if there is a delay in processing of the benefit application”.

It is normal for a spouse to be their partner’s emotional support and the spouses remain separated for a couple of years during their immigration process, that doesn’t mean USCIS takes that into consideration considering how long a marriage based petition typically takes. Of course you can still go ahead and submit an expedite request considering it doesn’t cost anything to do so.

Hello
I sent the money order for DV fee($330).
But I didn't write my case number on the money order.
Should I resend the correct one?

I had my interview on 6-8-2021. TO: Hartford, CT.
I did not complete the interview because the system was down, so she told me I will send you another notice. My status is "Interview Was Competed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"
Hi
Could you please let us know your timeline after you got the NOA ,how long it takes for interview date ... thanks

I forgot to sent two photos for i-765 , I just submitted two for I-485. Is this reason might get my application rejected or will they ask for rfe?
thank you

I forgot to sent two photos for i-765 , I just submitted two for I-485. Is this reason might get my application rejected or will they ask for rfe?
thank you
How did you indicate the 2 photos you submitted are for the I-485? Did you attach them to the I-485, or separate the forms and the applicable supporting documents from one another, or everything is together?

How did you indicate the 2 photos you submitted are for the I-485? Did you attach them to the I-485, or separate the forms and the applicable supporting documents from one another, or everything is together?
I attach that photo to I-485 form which is on the top and i -765 form is after i-485. I’m sorry. I don’t know which that two photos are going to be consider for . I just made a assumption based on where I kept.

I attach that photo to I-485 form which is on the top and i -765 form is after i-485. I’m sorry. I don’t know which that two photos are going to be consider for . I just made a assumption based on where I kept.
Okay, they most likely will consider the photos for the I-485 and continue processing it while rejecting your I-765 application as incomplete.

Hi again @Sm1smom, My wife and I just received our NOAs (Thank you so much for your guidance on this so far. The AOS spreadsheet literally contains EVERYTHING anyone would need). However, my last name on the NOA contains an extra letter but the last name written after the 'C/O" section on the same NOA is correct which seemed odd to me. The name also includes the initial of the first 'middle name' only (but I'm assuming this part shouldn't be a great issue, please correct me if I'm wrong though)

Example:
Correct name:
John Michael Jack Doe

NOA:
John M. Deoe
C/O John Doe
123 S 123th Street, etc

We triple-checked the copy we have of the AOS package we sent and the name was NOT misspelled by us on any of the forms. We even made sure to include my name in all possible combinations in the 'additional names' section of form I-485.
(by combinations I mean (using the example above):
1. First name: John Michael Jack Last name: Doe
2. First name: John Middle name: Michael Jack Last name: Doe
3. First name: John Last name: Doe
and so on)

A couple of questions if you don't mind:
1. Have you seen this happen before? is it common?
2. Do we:
a. Call USCIS to correct the error (the NOA says to contact them to 'update' the information if needed)
b. Just submit an e-Request to correct a typographic error through their website (found after googling for a bit)
c. Not worry about this for now and correct it during biometrics/interview (and if so would this delay the process due to a new background check for the correct name?)
3. Do you know if this would affect the case processing time? Especially since we've only got 3 more months in the FY.

Thanks again

Not worry about this for now and correct it during biometrics/interview (and if so would this delay the process due to a new background check for the correct name?)

(If I may mom) I think it'd be fine as long as you ask the bio technician during the bio appointment to enter the correct name for your background check. It seems that submitting name correction requests further complicates and elongates the process.

Hi again @Sm1smom, My wife and I just received our NOAs (Thank you so much for your guidance on this so far. The AOS spreadsheet literally contains EVERYTHING anyone would need). However, my last name on the NOA contains an extra letter but the last name written after the 'C/O" section on the same NOA is correct which seemed odd to me. The name also includes the initial of the first 'middle name' only (but I'm assuming this part shouldn't be a great issue, please correct me if I'm wrong though)

Example:
Correct name:
John Michael Jack Doe

NOA:
John M. Deoe
C/O John Doe
123 S 123th Street, etc

We triple-checked the copy we have of the AOS package we sent and the name was NOT misspelled by us on any of the forms. We even made sure to include my name in all possible combinations in the 'additional names' section of form I-485.
(by combinations I mean (using the example above):
1. First name: John Michael Jack Last name: Doe
2. First name: John Middle name: Michael Jack Last name: Doe
3. First name: John Last name: Doe
and so on)

A couple of questions if you don't mind:
1. Have you seen this happen before? is it common?
2. Do we:
a. Call USCIS to correct the error (the NOA says to contact them to 'update' the information if needed)
b. Just submit an e-Request to correct a typographic error through their website (found after googling for a bit)
c. Not worry about this for now and correct it during biometrics/interview (and if so would this delay the process due to a new background check for the correct name?)
3. Do you know if this would affect the case processing time? Especially since we've only got 3 more months in the FY.

Thanks again
As stated above, inform the Bio technician your name as been misspelt by USCIS (if you go for the bio before your interview appointment). Watch out for your interview letter to see if the name is still misspelt. Inform the IO when you go for your interview, the IO will correct the spelling error. That is all you need to do.

The 2019 Public Charge Rule not being in effect doesn’t mean the expectation to overcome public charge perception or to demonstrate one is fulfilling all of their expected obligations as a resident alien are no longer applicable. Including your tax transcripts is recommended.
I was not employed since 2017. I had filed tax with no income in past years. I am currently an F1 student and I'm sending my sponsors forms.
Still, I need to send my Tax Transcript?