• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

^ thanks KCC.
I definitely wouldn't send that. That reads almost like "Don't quote me on this...". Definitely get it done again with the blurb Sm1smom provided.
I agree. It’s saying “I did it as well as I could”, which is not the same as ”I translated this accurately”.

If the translator is not prepared to attest as required, then @F1April20 needs a new translator.

He wrote "Translated to English to the best of my ability. The translator cannot attest to the authenticity of the original document presented to him".
So I will try and see if he can send me something like the example you gave me. Much obliged.
Again, the translator is not required to attest to the authenticity of the document, that is not their job in this case. That blurb is more or less questioning the authenticity of the document you requested to be translated. Get a new translator if the translator can not sign off as required.

Hi mom,
How many years of W2 does my sponsor has to show?He already has two dependents as per his previous tax return. Does it have any negative impact on the financial support?
Most recent W2 is fine. If they want to provide W2 for some previous years in addition, that is also fine. Sponsors annual income must be enough to cover everyone in their household and the household of the person they're providing the the I-134 with. If they have previously sponsored some other people in the past, those must be accounted for as part of their current household number.

Most recent W2 is fine. If they want to provide W2 for some previous years in addition, that is also fine. Sponsors annual income must be enough to cover everyone in their household and the household of the person they're providing the the I-134 with. If they have previously sponsored some other people in the past, those must be accounted for as part of their current household number.
Thank you mom. My sponsor had sponsored two other people. He has around 100k a year. will that be sufficient?

Just checking to see if anyone that went current in May has received the confirmation text or email yet that AOS package has been received or at least the Cheque has been cashed.
I sent my AOS package mid April, still nothing.

Again, the translator is not required to attest to the authenticity of the document, that is not their job in this case. That blurb is more or less questioning the authenticity of the document you requested to be translated. Get a new translator if the translator can not sign off as required.
Thankfully he agreed to send that new one to me. I am glad I asked before sending it like that.

Thank you mom. My sponsor had sponsored two other people. He has around 100k a year. will that be sufficient?
I don't know. You and your sponsor will need to take a look at the Poverty Guideline Level to determine if his income is at or above the applicable level for his entire house household + the people he sponsored in the past + your entire household combined together.

Dear everyone,

I received my DV payment receipt today. But it is simply the paper I printed with the information (Name, CN, number of people, etc.) I typed, and they stamped on it saying "Paid". Is that how they issue the receipt? Please see the attached image.

Attachments

• 186558503_505967100842104_2721391189777255850_n.jpg
    186558503_505967100842104_2721391189777255850_n.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 28
Dear everyone,

I received my DV payment receipt today. But it is simply the paper I printed with the information (Name, CN, number of people, etc.) I typed, and they stamped on it saying "Paid". Is that how they issue the receipt? Please see the attached image.
Yes, it is.

How long did you wait for to get it? Did you contact KCC or USCIS? I have paid the admin fee and collected all documents. Just waiting for 2nd NL and have no idea how to get that.
I never submitted the 2nd NL - I only had the dv payment receipt. I was never asked about it in the interview either. Check the excel sheet if its needed ..i though id share my expereince but dont want to give you wrong info either

I never submitted the 2nd NL - I only had the dv payment receipt. I was never asked about it in the interview either. Check the excel sheet if its needed ..i though id share my expereince but dont want to give you wrong info either
Oh, I got it. Thank you for your answer.

Hi everyone here!

I am so glad that I came across this forum with useful info. I have a question about whether I should go through AOS as a derivative now. So my husband who is the principal applicant is currently going through consular processing abroad (waiting to have his interview scheduled). As a derivative, I am working in the US on a work visa. I have contacted the USCIS and also read the eligibility to file AOS as a dependent. The answer seems to be if the visa bulletin is current, then I can go ahead and submit my application. But in I-485's instructions, it stated that USCIS cannot approve the form I-485 as a derivative applicant until the principal applicant has been granted lawful permanent resident status. So I am not sure if I should wait until he gets his interview or I should file now.

I wonder if any of you has any suggestion for a case like this. Many thanks in advance for any information!

Hello @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
I tried to look for a sponsor but it's hard to find one in my area. However, I have a good paying job and I was wondering if my recent paychecks and employment letter could serve as evidence that I am unlikely to become a public charge.
Thanks

@Sm1smom My Employer had filed I-140 in the past and my I-140 case was denied. In I-485 form, there is question about:

"Receipt Number of Underlying Petition".

Should I mention the receipt number of my I-140 case that was denied?

I notice that it is asking specifically about the underlying petition but DV category does not include any petition. I have put N/A as the response for this question, but just wanted to double check with you on whether my response is correct.

Hi everyone here!

I am so glad that I came across this forum with useful info. I have a question about whether I should go through AOS as a derivative now. So my husband who is the principal applicant is currently going through consular processing abroad (waiting to have his interview scheduled). As a derivative, I am working in the US on a work visa. I have contacted the USCIS and also read the eligibility to file AOS as a dependent. The answer seems to be if the visa bulletin is current, then I can go ahead and submit my application. But in I-485's instructions, it stated that USCIS cannot approve the form I-485 as a derivative applicant until the principal applicant has been granted lawful permanent resident status. So I am not sure if I should wait until he gets his interview or I should file now.

I wonder if any of you has any suggestion for a case like this. Many thanks in advance for any information!
You’ll not only have to wait until your spouse gets their interview, you actually cannot file for AOS until AFTER they get admitted to the US as a LPR. Here’s what the I-485 instructions says about someone in your situation (under “When Should I File” section):
“After the principal applicant obtained an immigrant visa and entered the United States as a lawful permanent resident if the principal applicant is still a lawful permanent resident and, at the time of the principal applicant’s entry, you were the principal applicant’s spouse or child.”