• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

For the following: Evidence that any derivative applicants were originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable)

Can I print the first page when I open ceac.state.gov and access DS260 (This page includes my CN, my name as a principal applicant, my spouse, and my child's names)?

For the following: Evidence that any derivative applicants were originally included in the DV lottery entry (if applicable)

Can I print the first page when I open ceac.state.gov and access DS260 (This page includes my CN, my name as a principal applicant, my spouse, and my child's names)?
Yeah, you can do that. I typically tell people not to worry about that evidence if they don't have a copy of the original eDV Registration form they submitted, and it has never been an issue. That form will be part of the KCC file which the FO will eventually receive.

Thank you very much for all your help Mom, Susie. I already sent my package. With your help everything was much easier. Your help was unvaluable Thank you Brit Simon for suggesting look for this incredible Forum that help so many families. God bless you all

I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that the i824 should only be submitted after your green card is approved. But anyway current uscis processing times listed for i824 are 3.5-6 months. I think (mom can clarify if I’m wrong) this (processing times at uscis) is why the spreadsheet suggests handing it in at the interview rather than submitting to uscis.
In general, the main reason applicants are encouraged to not file the I-458 and I-824 together is in case the I-485 gets denied, the I-824 fee will not get refunded (the I-824 automatically becomes void).

Yes, the processing time and not being required to pay the additional filing fee for the I-824 is why the spreadsheet has not suggested sending in the I-824 through the lockbox.

I submitted mine with I-485 concurrently to the lockbox and was accepted but no green card approval yet (Current april) so I am just waiting to see how it goes. I now remember your story.
Do keep us posted as to the outcome of your I-824 filing, we could always learn a thing or two from it. I'm aware of only one DV based AOSer who filed the I-824 with their I-485, unfortunately this person never returned to the forum to inform us of the outcome.

Finally I have got a biometrics appointment. Last week I had a call from Tier 2 officer about biometrics delay. I tried to explain all the facts and concerns in the best possible way, but mentally I was ready for another rejection. Fortunately, the lady was helpful and agreed to schedule biometrics for me. There were 2 reasons for expedite biometrics from my side: the case is outside normal processing time and rejected expedite request for severe financial loss. But I belive the most important reason is a good attitude of the tier 2 officer.

The tier 2 officer expedited biometrics for me only. But it seems this triggered biometrics for my family. They also had biometrics scheduled two days later.

1. Yes if they both contain your US visa.
2. You don’t file an IRS tax transcript, you download from the IRS website (or order a mailed copy).
2. Not necessary.
Mom, thank you.

Re 1 - should I include second passport if it contains expired tourist US visa?

Translations question: 1- The translator added a note saying he could not attest to the authenticity of the documents (I had to send him the originals scanned to translate) will this be a problem? 2- He signed with his name in print and his email address, does he also need a signature (like the drawing in ink)?

Education requirement question: In my country the 12 years are divided in 3, I have a note from the school for the 2nd part (grades 7 to 10) and grades transcript for the 3rd (grades 11 and 12) - (the s1st is elementary school which is mandatory and needed for the 2nd and 3rd part); 3- do I need to add an explanation about this system since it's not a paper referring to the 12 courses in total?

Hi @Sm1smom, how are you?
If you don’t mind me asking, in terms of “front-loading” my application, should I include in my package an explanation of why I switched from CP to AOS or only KCC needed that explanation?

Translations question: 1- The translator added a note saying he could not attest to the authenticity of the documents (I had to send him the originals scanned to translate) will this be a problem? 2- He signed with his name in print and his email address, does he also need a signature (like the drawing in ink)?

Education requirement question: In my country the 12 years are divided in 3, I have a note from the school for the 2nd part (grades 7 to 10) and grades transcript for the 3rd (grades 11 and 12) - (the s1st is elementary school which is mandatory and needed for the 2nd and 3rd part); 3- do I need to add an explanation about this system since it's not a paper referring to the 12 courses in total?
1. There is no requirement for the translator to attest to the authenticity of the document they are translating, they are only required to indicate their fluency in both English and the language they are translating the document from. This is what the certification is supposed to be like:

I, [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in English and [foreign language], and that the above/attached document is a complete and accurate translation of the document attached entitled [name of document].

Signature_________________________________
[Date] [Typed Name] [Address]

2. Stop overthinking.

Hi @Sm1smom, how are you?
If you don’t mind me asking, in terms of “front-loading” my application, should I include in my package an explanation of why I switched from CP to AOS or only KCC needed that explanation?
That is not "front-loading". That falls in the realm of providing unsolicited information, as in trying to answer a question that hasn't been asked. Providing unsolicited information tends to create more harm than good. The IO will ask if they wish to know.

That is not "front-loading". That falls in the realm of providing unsolicited information, as in trying to answer a question that hasn't been asked. Providing unsolicited information tends to create more harm than good. The IO will ask if they wish to know.
Thank you!

1. There is no requirement for the translator to attest to the authenticity of the document they are translating, they are only required to indicate their fluency in both English and the language they are translating the document from. This is what the certification is supposed to be like:

I, [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in English and [foreign language], and that the above/attached document is a complete and accurate translation of the document attached entitled [name of document].

Signature_________________________________
[Date] [Typed Name] [Address]

2. Stop overthinking.
He wrote "Translated to English to the best of my ability. The translator cannot attest to the authenticity of the original document presented to him".
So I will try and see if he can send me something like the example you gave me. Much obliged.

He wrote "Translated to English to the best of my ability. The translator cannot attest to the authenticity of the original document presented to him".
So I will try and see if he can send me something like the example you gave me. Much obliged.

I definitely wouldn't send that. That reads almost like "Don't quote me on this...". Definitely get it done again with the blurb Sm1smom provided.

Hi mom,
How many years of W2 does my sponsor has to show?He already has two dependents as per his previous tax return. Does it have any negative impact on the financial support?