• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,
I have received today my rejection notice. Please advise me. My case number 11497. I have send my case 23 of March however my current month April.

Also I filled out expired I-485 form.

Case return under my wife’s name and notice of rejection on her first page.

Rejection says: You have filed before the block of Case Numbers authorized. Continue of watch the Diversity. You must include copy of the visa center congratulatory letter with your submission. Persons selected in the DV lottery are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during fiscal year (October to September) for which they were selected. These dates are identified on the DV congratulatory letter sent to recipients. Applicants must obtain the DV Immigration visa or Adjustment of Status by the end of the Fiscal Year (ie September 30). There is no carry-over of DV benefits into the following fiscal year for persons who are selected but who do not obtain visas during the fiscal year for which they were selected. (The dates on your letter from the Kentucky consular center may not be correct. Please contact them for verification).

Do you think what is the problem?

Thank you so much.
Fill out a new I-485 (be sure to use the correct form), make sure your medical exam date is still within the 60 days validity window, then resubmit the package. Be sure to check the AOS spreadsheet to confirm what you’re sending.

Hello @Sm1smom , I am DV2021 winner AS46**,already received the' case ready for interview' email, visa bulletin 'current' . My spouse and 2 children are DV derivatives. But due to COVID, embassy hasn't taken a single case for interview yet.

Recently my husband got J1 visa (he is a doctor and got his visa for residency training in the US)and I got J2 (as his dependent). We will be in the US by mid June. Can I apply for AOS once I come the US? Will I be eligible and if yes, can it be done within the deadline. My children will not be accompanying us to the US, they will stay home.

Or should I wait and participate in the law suit

or both.
Please suggest.
Entering the US on a NIV with a preconceived intent of filing AOS is frowned upon. And I’m sorry I can’t tell you if you should participate in the lawsuit or not, you’ll need to decide on your own.

Good morning, should I attach marriage and dissolution certificate? if I am applying only with my son? or not necessarily to the AOS? I sent before like support document . Thank you

My son has had 3 passports. First has his U.S. visa, second has the stamp of the last entry and is the one which is in his most recent I-94. His passport was about to expire earlier this year so we got a new one using our Embassy in the U.S.
My question is,
1. Should we include the scan of the last passport's photo page as a "photocopy of a government-issued identity document that has their photograph", the stamp page from the second passport, and his visa page from the first passport?
2. Or should we include photo pages of all three passports together with stamp pages and visa page?

My son has had 3 passports. First has his U.S. visa, second has the stamp of the last entry and is the one which is in his most recent I-94. His passport was about to expire earlier this year so we got a new one using our Embassy in the U.S.
My question is,
1. Should we include the scan of the last passport's photo page as a "photocopy of a government-issued identity document that has their photograph", the stamp page from the second passport, and his visa page from the first passport?
2. Or should we include photo pages of all three passports together with stamp pages and visa page?

I would include everything. The way I see it, if you include anything from a previous passport, you might as well include everything from that passport. (By "everything" I mean picture page, visa(s) and stamps, not generic boilerplate text etc.)

EDIT: But then don't forget that the instructions say that if you submit any document with a foreign language, you have to submit a certified translation. So get the old passports translated at the same time if you're doing that!

Last edited:
My question is,
Picture and biographic pages of all 3 passports.

Interview Experience -- Boston FO

I just came back from my interview, and here's my experience. My interview was at 9:30 and I got there at 9:00. My lawyer was there to meet me. We checked in and waited in the waiting room for about 5 minutes before an officer called my name.

She checked my driver's license, passport, and SNN card. She started with questions about my education (what I studied, where, and for how long). She asked me to see a transcript from my undergraduate college to prove that I attended. She said the I-20 is not enough. I did not have a transcript for my undergrad (only my current Master's program) but I had my official Bachelor's diploma and she said that it was totally fine.

Then she moved on to all the yes/no questions from the I-485. The only question she asked about my finances was "How do you pay your bills?" and I said that I have an on-campus job and savings, and she never asked for any documents.

Interestingly, I did not include my DV fee receipt in my AOS package and she did not ask for it at the interview, so I am not sure if she knew whether I paid the fee or not in another way.

At the end of the interview, which lasted exactly 12 minutes, she said that she approved my case and I will receive my card soon and if I don't get it within 30 days to get in touch with USCIS. When I left the building, I checked my case status and it said "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed." It updated again after 2 minutes to "New Card is Being Produced."

Mom, Susie...there are no words to express my gratitude for all the help, support, and patience. I would not have been able to do this without you. What you both do here truly helps people change their lives, and I will always be grateful for that.

I will keep updating my timeline and help others! If there is anything anyone would like to know about my experience that they think could be helpful to them, please ask!

I just came back from my interview, and here's my experience. My interview was at 9:30 and I got there at 9:00. My lawyer was there to meet me. We checked in and waited in the waiting room for about 5 minutes before an officer called my name.

She checked my driver's license, passport, and SNN card. She started with questions about my education (what I studied, where, and for how long). She asked me to see a transcript from my undergraduate college to prove that I attended. She said the I-20 is not enough. I did not have a transcript for my undergrad (only my current Master's program) but I had my official Bachelor's diploma and she said that it was totally fine.

Then she moved on to all the yes/no questions from the I-485. The only question she asked about my finances was "How do you pay your bills?" and I said that I have an on-campus job and savings, and she never asked for any documents.

Interestingly, I did not include my DV fee receipt in my AOS package and she did not ask for it at the interview, so I am not sure if she knew whether I paid the fee or not in another way.

At the end of the interview, which lasted exactly 12 minutes, she said that she approved my case and I will receive my card soon and if I don't get it within 30 days to get in touch with USCIS. When I left the building, I checked my case status and it said "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed." It updated again after 2 minutes to "New Card is Being Produced."

Mom, Susie...there are no words to express my gratitude for all the help, support, and patience. I would not have been able to do this without you. What you both do here truly helps people change their lives, and I will always be grateful for that.

I will keep updating my timeline and help others! If there is anything anyone would like to know about my experience that they think could be helpful to them, please ask!
FANTASTIC News!!! Congratulations. I would be raising a glass to you but for the fact that it is just about 730am here on the West Coast

Wow! Congratulations! :)

OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

There you go!
Congrats my friend

JUST AWESOME! CONGRATS!!

Hi Mom,
I hope you are doing well. I have a question,
I am the winner of the 2021 lottery, and it has been two months since I entered the USA with an F1 visa, and fortunately, my wife's visa was recently approved, and she will arrive in the USA in two weeks. I posted $ 330 (money-order) almost three weeks ago. But I did not post it for my wife because her visa status was unknown. Meanwhile, I have not received my receipt of the money order yet. Do you think I should post her money order now or wait for her to enter the USA and post it after?
Thank you

Hi Mom,
I am the winner of the 2021 lottery, and it has been two months since I entered the USA with an F1 visa, and fortunately, my wife's visa was recently approved, and she will arrive in the USA in two weeks. I posted $ 330 (money-order) almost three weeks ago. But I did not post it for my wife because her visa status was unknown. Meanwhile, I have not received my receipt of the money order yet. Do you think I should post her money order now or wait for her to enter the USA and post it after?
Thank you
That equates to your wife coming into the US with a preconceived intent of filing AOS which is frowned upon. I’m sorry I can’t answer your direct question in this case

Hi Mom,
Thank you
Same response as provided to your other profile above.