• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Okay, I see two people that have gotten an emailed receipt but the paper ones are not arriving yet, can I send the documents without the receipt? I don't understand why this is happening.
I am about to if I don't get it soon. Instead, I will attach a copy of the money order and the website saying it has been cashed plus KCC's email saying it has been received and my receipt has been sent. And I will simply bring the receipt to my interview.

My AOS has been approved and my spouse is waiting for the FTJ interview. Below are the actions I have taken in chronological order but feel I'm hitting the wall.

1. We submitted DS-260 in Dec. 2020.
2. We submitted documents to KCC in Mar. 2021. No confirmation email from KCC received.
3. I attempted to submit I-824 to the IO at my interview but he did not accept it. He said to file I-824 to the lockbox.
4. I contacted my consulate if they could request KCC for our DV files and schedule the FTJ interview after my AOS was approved. They refused to do so and said they could not take any action before KCC schedules the interview.
5. I emailed KCC and asked them to schedule the FTJ interview. I am still waiting for their response.
6. I just filed I-824 to the lockbox.

Questions:
1. I was wondering if I should have asked my consulate to contact USCIS FO rather than KCC? It seemed that previous folks ask their consulates to work with USCIS, not KCC.
2. Can I initiate a congressional inquiry to request KCC for scheduling the FTJ interview?
2.1 If yes, should I wait until I get the I-824 receipt (or it is unrelated)?
1. KCC no longer has any role to play in this process, it is now between your FO and the embassy. The FO is supposed to forward the case file to the embassy after your AOS approval. It looks like they're not doing that without the right prompting. Contact the embassy again and ask them to contact your FO to request your case file, KCC will not be scheduling the interview appointment, the embassy schedules the appointment once they have the case file.
2. Yes initiate a congressional inquiry to request they contact your FO (not KCC), and for your FO to forward your case file to the embassy for the FTJ.
3. Don't wait for the I-824 receipt to initiate the congressional inquiry, remember it currently takes a while to get the NOA. They will get back to you to let you know if they need the receipt or not.

By the way, which is your FO?

Hello everyone,
I was going through AOS spreadsheet and under AOS package tab under subsection of Identification documents it says "2 Recent Passport photos (could be more if submitting forms I-765 and/or I-134"

1. Does "passport photos refer to passport size"?
2. How many more do i need if i submit I-134.
3. While submitting I-134, do i need photos of my sponsor as well?
Thank you..

Hello everyone,
I was going through AOS spreadsheet and under AOS package tab under subsection of Identification documents it says "2 Recent Passport photos (could be more if submitting forms I-765 and/or I-134"

1. Does "passport photos refer to passport size"?
2. How many more do i need if i submit I-134.
3. While submitting I-134, do i need photos of my sponsor as well?
Thank you..
Are you sure it says I-134 or I-131? Which column and cell is this listed in?

1. KCC no longer has any role to play in this process, it is now between your FO and the embassy. The FO is supposed to forward the case file to the embassy after your AOS approval. It looks like they're not doing that without the right prompting. Contact the embassy again and ask them to contact your FO to request your case file, KCC will not be scheduling the interview appointment, the embassy schedules the appointment once they have the case file.
2. Yes initiate a congressional inquiry to request they contact your FO (not KCC), and for your FO to forward your case file to the embassy for the FTJ.
3. Don't wait for the I-824 receipt to initiate the congressional inquiry, remember it currently takes a while to get the NOA. They will get back to you to let you know if they need the receipt or not.

By the way, which is your FO?
Thank you so much, Mom!! I will contact my consulate and clarify with them.

My FO is Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN.

Does that mean when the IO requested my DV files from KCC, the jurisdictions have been formally transferred from KCC to USCIS? I'm curious whether the consulate still needs to request a DV visa number from KCC (or the visa number has been preserved by the USCIS FO)?

Thank you so much, Mom!! I will contact my consulate and clarify with them.

My FO is Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN.

Does that mean when the IO requested my DV files from KCC, the jurisdictions have been formally transferred from KCC to USCIS? I'm curious whether the consulate still needs to request a DV visa number from KCC (or the visa number has been preserved by the USCIS FO)?
1. Yes.
2. Yes consulate still has to request the visa, it is not reserved for FTJ.

I got the copy of the receipt which was cashed on April 27 by Email today.

Seems that’s the week they decided to start sending it by email. Those of us that got it cashed the week before, they seemingly have mailed it.
(Low-key jealous but so happy for all of you!!! )

Hello Mom,

I sent my DV fee on april 8th and It was cashed shortly after, and I havent received the receipt yet. I have sent an email to the KCC a week ago without an answer so far. Next monday I will get the medical certificate which is the last document I was waiting for ( apart from the DV receipt). Do you recommend me to send the documents on monday without the DV receipt or wait a little longer for the DV receipt?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Mom,

I sent my DV fee on april 8th and It was cashed shortly after, and I havent received the receipt yet. I have sent an email to the KCC a week ago without an answer so far. Next monday I will get the medical certificate which is the last document I was waiting for ( apart from the DV receipt). Do you recommend me to send the documents on monday without the DV receipt or wait a little longer for the DV receipt?

Thanks in advance.
Previous response still applies

Hello,
I have received today my rejection notice. Please advise me. My case number 11497. I have send my case 23 of March however my current month April.

Also I filled out expired I-485 form.

Case return under my wife’s name and notice of rejection on her first page.

Rejection says: You have filed before the block of Case Numbers authorized. Continue of watch the Diversity. You must include copy of the visa center congratulatory letter with your submission. Persons selected in the DV lottery are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during fiscal year (October to September) for which they were selected. These dates are identified on the DV congratulatory letter sent to recipients. Applicants must obtain the DV Immigration visa or Adjustment of Status by the end of the Fiscal Year (ie September 30). There is no carry-over of DV benefits into the following fiscal year for persons who are selected but who do not obtain visas during the fiscal year for which they were selected. (The dates on your letter from the Kentucky consular center may not be correct. Please contact them for verification).

Do you think what is the problem?

Thank you so much.

Hello,
I have received today my rejection notice. Please advise me. My case number 11497. I have send my case 23 of March however my current month April.

Rejection says: You have filed before the block of Case Numbers authorized. Continue of watch the Diversity. You must include copy of the visa center congratulatory letter with your submission. Persons selected in the DV lottery are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during fiscal year (October to September) for which they were selected. These dates are identified on the DV congratulatory letter sent to recipients. Applicants must obtain the DV Immigration visa or Adjustment of Status by the end of the Fiscal Year (ie September 30). There is no carry-over of DV benefits into the following fiscal year for persons who are selected but who do not obtain visas during the fiscal year for which they were selected. (The dates on your letter from the Kentucky consular center may not be correct. Please contact them for verification).

Thank you so much.

I am sorry to hear that. Did you get rejected by the FO or Chicago? And do you mind me asking where was your field office?

P.S. Just a side note, it's better to not share your exact case number. For instance, you could go like 11***

Hello,

Thank you so much.

I believe they have to reject if you submit an expired I-485 form, so that's probably a sufficient reason for rejection.

Also did you submit all the required documents from the spreadsheet? e.g. the congratulatory letter of your DV selection?

Hi all

I have already interviewed a month ago, and checked website ceac.state.gov still showing my case status as “Ready”.

1. Is this normal since it’s been already a month?
2. I didn’t receive any email so far after the interview, should I worry about it?
3. Is there anyone who has received yourDV2021 green card visa?

Hello @Sm1smom , I am DV2021 winner AS46**,already received the' case ready for interview' email, visa bulletin 'current' . My spouse and 2 children are DV derivatives. But due to COVID, embassy hasn't taken a single case for interview yet.

Recently my husband got J1 visa (he is a doctor and got his visa for residency training in the US)and I got J2 (as his dependent). We will be in the US by mid June. Can I apply for AOS once I come the US? Will I be eligible and if yes, can it be done within the deadline. My children will not be accompanying us to the US, they will stay home.

Or should I wait and participate in the law suit

or both.
Please suggest.