• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

New question:
While waiting for the interview to be scheduled, is it necessary to maintain employment (E-3 visa)?
My understanding is that while pending I-485 decision, it is OK to remain within the United States (unemployed). Is this correct?
I am aware that a denial would require leaving immediately.
Many thanks
Correct, once the i485 is properly filed and received.

Thank you so much for the information. Let's let know each other once it is received. BTW how did you contact KCC, I did not receive a response for an Email I sent two weeks ago.
My check was cashed on April 20 and until the moment doesnt appear in the tracking UPS. I will send my package as soon as I receive it, if it does nt delay too much. I wrote to KCC but they are not answering. Today is Saint Mary's day , with faith

Last edited:
I have a question related to Affidavit support. We are 3 in family and my income is around 48000 per year. Do I need a sponsor in this case, as I am applying for AOS through DV? When I check online it says around $27000 is the poverty line for a family of 3. Please suggest to me if anyone has a similar experience. Thanks alot.
If you have a demonstrate-able annual income of $27,450 or above (for a family of 3), you shouldn't need an affidavit of support.

Hi, below is the main part of an email that has been sent to me from KCC right now. The receipt of my $330 payment is also attached to this mail. Is this email the 2NL? or it is just an electronic version of my receipt?

Plus, I do not know what should I do now? should I print the email and the receipt attached to it, and add them to my ready-to-send package and send everything to the Chicago Lockbox now? I appreciate your help. Additionally, what does that bold part mean? should I reply to the email and send them my name and case number? or they mean something else?

The distance between the day my check cashed and today is exactly 14 days.

"
Attached is the DV Fee Paid Receipt.
The adjustment of a status fee to the Department of State has been paid. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office.
In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center"

Hi, below is the main part of an email that has been sent to me from KCC right now. The receipt of my $330 payment is also attached to this mail. Is this email the 2NL? or it is just an electronic version of my receipt?

Plus, I do not know what should I do now? should I print the email and the receipt attached to it, and add them to my ready-to-send package and send everything to the Chicago Lockbox now? I appreciate your help. Additionally, what does that bold part mean? should I reply to the email and send them my name and case number? or they mean something else?

"
The adjustment of a status fee to the Department of State has been paid. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office.
In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center"

Yes print the receipt and include that with your package. The bold part at the end is just a note they probably attach to every email, to remind people how to contact them if you need to. In all likelihood you won't need to contact them again after this.

Yes print the receipt and include that with your package. The bold part at the end is just a note they probably attach to every email, to remind people how to contact them if you need to. In all likelihood you won't need to contact them again after this.
Thank you very much. Should the print be a color-print? or black-and-white is also OK? Are there any requirements?

"
Did you have to email them? Mine was cashed a month ago and I am still waiting

Hello Mom,

Yesterday we (family of 4) saw the CS for our medical examinations. I have just collected our I-693s from the Dr and I have the following questions:

1. Identification (Part 5, Page 4) the CS has noted US Visa as the document but the Document Number on two of the forms he has put the document number of an expired visa, not the current one. Should I ask him to amend this to be the Passport number here? All passports are valid. I don't want this to cause any issues.
2. Medical Examination (Part 6, Page 5) Date of first examination has been listed as the date of the blood draw, our actual examination was 2 1/2 weeks later, yesterday. We never had an initial examination, just the blood draws, however he has noted yesterday as the follow-up examination. Is this correct?
3. Which is the date used to calculate the 60 days validity?

Thank you for your help.....and anyone else who may have had a similar experience.

Hello Mom,

Yesterday we (family of 4) saw the CS for our medical examinations. I have just collected our I-693s from the Dr and I have the following questions:

1. Identification (Part 5, Page 4) the CS has noted US Visa as the document but the Document Number on two of the forms he has put the document number of an expired visa, not the current one. Should I ask him to amend this to be the Passport number here? All passports are valid. I don't want this to cause any issues.
2. Medical Examination (Part 6, Page 5) Date of first examination has been listed as the date of the blood draw, our actual examination was 2 1/2 weeks later, yesterday. We never had an initial examination, just the blood draws, however he has noted yesterday as the follow-up examination. Is this correct?
3. Which is the date used to calculate the 60 days validity?

Thank you for your help.....and anyone else who may have had a similar experience.
1. No issue. Of course if you prefer, you can return and request he update that.
2. Yes.
3. The Date the CS signed the form.

Did you have to email them? Mine was cashed a month ago and I am still waiting
No, I did not send them any email. As a matter of fact, I am busier than even be able to think about my application status. I just saw the email in my inbox! I hope other steps would be just like this one, sudden, and fortunate.

If he is immigrating with you, he should have an application of his own. If he is a USC, adding a copy of Birth Certificate would suffice.
Hi Blade! I see you sent the whole package without waiting for DV fee payment receipt. Why did you do that?

Okay, I see two people that have gotten an emailed receipt but the paper ones are not arriving yet, can I send the documents without the receipt? I don't understand why this is happening.

My AOS has been approved and my spouse is waiting for the FTJ interview. Below are the actions I have taken in chronological order but feel I'm hitting the wall.

1. We submitted DS-260 in Dec. 2020.
2. We submitted documents to KCC in Mar. 2021. No confirmation email from KCC received.
3. I attempted to submit I-824 to the IO at my interview but he did not accept it. He said to file I-824 to the lockbox.
4. I contacted my consulate if they could request KCC for our DV files and schedule the FTJ interview after my AOS was approved. They refused to do so and said they could not take any action before KCC schedules the interview.
5. I emailed KCC and asked them to schedule the FTJ interview. I am still waiting for their response.
6. I just filed I-824 to the lockbox.

Questions:
1. I was wondering if I should have asked my consulate to contact USCIS FO rather than KCC? It seemed that previous folks ask their consulates to work with USCIS, not KCC.
2. Can I initiate a congressional inquiry to request KCC for scheduling the FTJ interview?
2.1 If yes, should I wait until I get the I-824 receipt (or it is unrelated)?