• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I've got a few more ques to check I'm not missing anything here:
1) As evidence of maintaining our status we include all i-20s we ever had, DS-2019, our passports with visa stamps and admission marks + the most recent i-94, am I missing something here? I also had F-2 status in the past, shall I include the form for it too?
2) I have a doc confirming my ownership of the apartment in my home country with an accompanying value assessment of the apt which is higher than $50k. Does it make any good to include it now when i-944 gone?
3) We also have health insurance confirmation, same ques here, does it make any good to include it now or it's more like unsolicited docs ?
4) Apart from passports, would it be good to also include our driver's licenses, both sides of it?
Thank you !!!!

Oh! My bad. I do not have that I94, the one I currently have which is under an F1 it says "D/S" The stamp for the J1 only says the date of the entry and also "D/S", the visa was only valid for a year but in the Au Pair program they let you extend for a second year with a new DS2019 they issue and then you can go home and renew the J1 if you wanna travel outside the US or stay with the DS and expired visa if you won't travel outside of the country; since I decided not to travel, I did not renew the visa and just stayed with the new DS.
And then I stayed what Au Pair agencies call "travel month"
The visa stamp is irrelevant to the question I asked. If you were admitted D/S on the J1 and you stayed “30 days” past the date on the DS2019, you are fine. J1 allows for a 30-day grace period from when the program ends (DS2019 expiry date)

I've got a few more ques to check I'm not missing anything here:
1) As evidence of maintaining our status we include all i-20s we ever had, DS-2019, our passports with visa stamps and admission marks + the most recent i-94, am I missing something here? I also had F-2 status in the past, shall I include the form for it too?
2) I have a doc confirming my ownership of the apartment in my home country with an accompanying value assessment of the apt which is higher than $50k. Does it make any good to include it now when i-944 gone?
3) We also have health insurance confirmation, same ques here, does it make any good to include it now or it's more like unsolicited docs ?
4) Apart from passports, would it be good to also include our driver's licenses, both sides of it?
Thank you !!!!
1. Please use your discretion.
2, 3, 4: Irrelevant - include if you like.

The visa stamp is irrelevant to the question I asked. If you were admitted D/S on the J1 and you stayed “30 days” past the date on the DS2019, you are fine. J1 allows for a 30-day grace period from when the program ends (DS2019 expiry date)
Thank you so much! I found this website that lists what you are mentioning, in the spirit of front loading, would you recommend printing it out and including it? https://j1visa.state.gov/participants/current/adjustments-and-extensions/

Goodness! You don’t need certificate of employment, employment letters, or whatever they’re called from all the places you’ve worked or past employers. You only need for the current employment should you choose to provide one.
Oh okay. That makes me feel better!
On another note, to show that I've been maintaining my status while in the US, I have a few questions:

5. Do I only need to show evidence for my status since my last entry into US only or do I need to show all of my past entries/stays in US? (I've been in the US since 1996.)
6. Because I am on H-1B since 2014, in addition to I-797s, do I not need to show that I was employed according to I-797 (with W-2s, contract, letters and etc.)?
7. In case I need all of my past documents, I don't have my first passport used to enter us nor I-20s related to earlier times (before 2000). Is that a problem? I assume I can explain to the interviewing officer.

Thanks.

Unnecessary IMO, the D/S stamp for the J1 visa on your passport is more than enough.
Last one about this, I was in the US with an ESTA back in 2009, I have that passport and the stamp but it does not say admitted until when and that entry does not show in my I94, should I still send a copy of that passport and stamp?

Oh okay. That makes me feel better!
On another note, to show that I've been maintaining my status while in the US, I have a few questions:

5. Do I only need to show evidence for my status since my last entry into US only or do I need to show all of my past entries/stays in US? (I've been in the US since 1996.)
6. Because I am on H-1B since 2014, in addition to I-797s, do I not need to show that I was employed according to I-797 (with W-2s, contract, letters and etc.)?
7. In case I need all of my past documents, I don't have my first passport used to enter us nor I-20s related to earlier times (before 2000). Is that a problem? I assume I can explain to the interviewing officer.

Thanks.
I’m sorry I can’t continue to go down this rabbit role, you’ll need to figure out these things on your own. The expectation for anyone processing AOS is to be able to demonstrate they’ve never violated or gone out of status every time they’ve been in the US. Does this IO always asks about this? However, front-loading the application or being prepared to demonstrate this should the issue arise is what the spreadsheet is all about.

Last one about this, I was in the US with an ESTA back in 2009, I have that passport and the stamp but it does not say admitted until when and that entry does not show in my I94, should I still send a copy of that passport and stamp?
Yes of course. Everyone knows ESTA is only good for 90 days maximum, even if the admission stamp doesn’t state.

Hi mom,
I had a final question on I-693.

since my CS agreed to use my previous test results in the new medical form, I was wondering if that’s ok? (Blood & urine tests were done 2 months ago, back in March)
(I couldn’t find this info on web and appreciate if you could share the relevant link)

thanks

Hi mom,
I had a final question on I-693.

since my CS agreed to use my previous test results in the new medical form, I was wondering if that’s ok? (Blood & urine tests were done 2 months ago, back in March)
(I couldn’t find this info on web and appreciate if you could share the relevant link)

thanks
The CS’s date on the form is what counts.

There’s a section that has to do with selective service which needs to be completed - take a close look at the DS260 to ensure that has been properly attended to. You will not be able to sign and submit the form without completing that section.

Update on this, in case it's helpful to others. I visited my Bank of America branch and asked to change the address associated with the cashier's check. The Bank of America employee said "the address is not important, and only for Bank of America internal use. They only use it in rare cases, for example if the check gets lost. In terms of actually cashing the check, only the 'Pay to the order of' name has to match."

She also said that you can see whether the cashier's check was cashed in the BofA app
Hi all, I have another question. Thank you so much for the continued help!

For boring practical reasons, it makes sense for me to pay the $1,225 I-485 filing fee with a cashier's check. I wanted to confirm that I did this the right way:

Address: 12500 Tukwila International Blvd, Tukwila, WA 98168 (the lady at the bank said an address was required, but this address is not listed on the cashier's check itself)
Pay to the order of: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Remitter (Purchased By): <my name>
Amount: $1,225.00
Additional note: I-485 FEE, A# <my a-number>

Did I miss anything? Will the address be a problem since it corresponds to a local USCIS office?
Thank you for the update. If we can track from BOA app that would be great. One question though, Do we need to provide USCIS address? Isn it have to be our address?

Hi, I’m L1b, EU8400 (in California), was waiting for my homeland embassy (Ukraine) starting to work, but seems they ain’t going to do that. So, I decided to apply for AOS, checked the spreadsheets and timelines, it seems like for some people it took more or about 6 months, so two questions here:

1. is it still enough time (less than 5 months) to apply for it?
2. is there any ways to speed up this process?

I wrote to KCC that I want to switch from CP to AOS yesterday and I’m going to send my first cashier check with $330*number of family members tomorrow and wanted to check with you if it’s has a sense. Thank you!

I’m sorry I can’t continue to go down this rabbit role, you’ll need to figure out these things on your own. The expectation for anyone processing AOS is to be able to demonstrate they’ve never violated or gone out of status every time they’ve been in the US. Does this IO always asks about this? However, front-loading the application or being prepared to demonstrate this should the issue arise is what the spreadsheet is all about.
The spreadsheet does mention frontloading pertinent documents but does not say anything about the case in which some documents are unattainable. Some of the portions of the spreadsheet are minimalistic in terms of information and I am just trying to clarify based on the situation I am in.
I do, however, appreciate all you do. The expectation about demonstrating not violating the status for all past visits was something not explicitly mentioned on the spreadsheet and something I needed clarification for.

Thank you.

Hi all, I have another question here:

1. On I-485, Part 1, 24. What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)? If it has not changed, do I just put N/A or do I put my arrival status again?
2. If my bank check doesn't have memo line, can I add one by myself? Will it cause any problem when they cash my check?

I just received my opt approval notice but haven't received my EAD card yet.
3. I found a number that looks like A-number. Since they did not specify what that number is, I am not 100% sure if that is my A-number. Is that ok to put that "maybe A-number" on my I-485?
4. If that number is not my A-number but I put it on my I-485, will that cause any problem?
5. On USCIS website, it said my EAD card was mailed to me so I assume it will arrive next week. I understand that on the spreadsheet, it said copied of EAD card is applicable. If I send my package without it, will I be able to give it to them during interview?
I don’t know either it will hurt or not. However, my concern is why don’t you wait for 3-4 days to receive your EAD card since it has been mailed. I think 5 days difference wouldn’t change anything.

The spreadsheet does mention frontloading pertinent documents but does not say anything about the case in which some documents are unattainable. Some of the portions of the spreadsheet are minimalistic in terms of information and I am just trying to clarify based on the situation I am in.
I do, however, appreciate all you do. The expectation about demonstrating not violating the status for all past visits was something not explicitly mentioned on the spreadsheet and something I needed clarification for.

Thank you.
Just a friendly reminder, if this green card is important to you, then you are in charge of doing some research, which includes reading the instructions of all the forms you are submitting. Reading instructions should not be a problem for you since you have been in the US for 20+ years. The instruction for I-485 lists who may not be eligible to adjust status and what evidence you should include with I-485.

The spreadsheet is not an exhaustive list and it is impossible to include everyone's situation. I'm sure it says "to be creative" to provide as much supporting evidence as you could. If some documents are unattainable I guess you would not need to stress about it too much. If the USCIS has doubt on your status, most likely you will get an RFE rather than a straight denial. If you are unsure about whether you maintain status the whole time, maybe what you need is to consult with an attorney?

Thank you.
The spreadsheet is minimalistic as it doesn’t cover every single imaginable scenario, right?

1620115534215.gif