• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

It arrived yesterday. I’m just asking so I can be prepared in case there’s a delay in the future.
Nice catch haha
I’m just asking so I can be prepared in case there’s a delay in the future.
I knew straight off the situations you were asking about were not applicable to you. I wanted you to confirm that when I asked the follow up question regarding when you sent in your payment.

Like Susie already stated, we clearly don’t appreciate spending quality time on hypothetical situations when there are lots of people with genuine situations needing help with moving their cases forward. If all you’re trying to do is to be prepared, then spend some time going over previous posts on this current and past AOS threads - that is the best way to prepare yourself and not waste other people’s time. My time is valuable, so is that of others who are still here answering questions and supporting others. The fact that the guidance we provide here is being done free of charge shouldn’t be taken for granted or be disrespected!

4. State precisely what she was told.
Context: She was applying for F1 visa with non-funded position, so she had to provide bank statement to prove she is able to pay her tuition. There are two currency rates in Iran: Government rate (import/export. Cheaper.), Market rate (accessible to regular people. Expensive).

First attempt (Dubai embassy): Bank issued the bank statement with Government rate, so officer told her if we calculate with market rate you will be $600.00 shy. So I can't approve.

Second attempt (Dubai embassy): She fixes the amount. Officer tells her just that he can not approve. Does not answer why.

Third attempt (Ankara embassy): She decides to change embassy (Iranians can pick one of Dubai, Ankara, Baku embassies for interviews). Officer tells her I don't see any problem with your case and I don't know why you were rejected. She gets her visa.

EDIT: oh! I think you meant on the application, not here! Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
Context: She was applying for F1 visa with non-funded position, so she had to provide bank statement to prove she is able to pay her tuition. There are two currency rates in Iran: Government rate (import/export. Cheaper.), Market rate (accessible to regular people. Expensive).

First attempt (Dubai embassy): Bank issued the bank statement with Government rate, so officer told her if we calculate with market rate you will be $600.00 shy. So I can't approve.

Second attempt (Dubai embassy): She fixes the amount. Officer tells her just that he can not approve. Does not answer why.

Third attempt (Ankara embassy): She decides to change embassy (Iranians can pick one of Dubai, Ankara, Baku embassies for interviews). Officer tells her I don't see any problem with your case and I don't know why you were rejected. She gets her visa.

EDIT: oh! I think you meant on the application, not here!
Lol - yes, on the form.
First denial - Insufficient funds
Second denial - Reason Unknown

Hi mom,
I need your help.
I just got a notification from AMEX that the transaction (from Chicago Lockbox) has been denied.
I had called AMEX like 3 times this week, informing them about this upcoming transaction and they kept telling me all is good. Now I see the denied transaction.
I have also read that they (lockbox) do NOT attempt again.
I already talked to AMEX and they said they cannot overturn this unless demanded by the lockbox again and told me they’re gonna contact lockbox and USCIS tomorrow morning.

could advise me what to do?!

It's unfortunate that this happened. I know it's frustrating. The best thing you can do when you send the new package is to include a check. You can be sure that it won't be denied (if funds are available or it's a cashier's check) and you can also check that it's been cashed. I know you don't get an immediate notification like with the credit card, but at least you don't have to rely on AMEX.

It's unfortunate that this happened. I know it's frustrating. The best thing you can do when you send the new package is to include a check. You can be sure that it won't be denied (if funds are available or it's a cashier's check) and you can also check that it's been cashed. I know you don't get an immediate notification like with the credit card, but at least you don't have to rely on AMEX.

I know it's a bit late now, but in my experience this is typical with US banks. They often cannot guarantee that they'll allow a given transaction in advance, even though you give them all the details up front. For years when I first moved here, every single time I travelled home my US credit card would be denied. I always called the bank before I travelled, and told them where I'd be and what I'd be using the card for, and it never made any difference. The fraud detection is automated and there's simply no opportunity for them to do anything. Eventually they got better and started sending me text messages to allow me to confirm. But things like that made me decide to send a check for AOS.

I know it's a bit late now, but in my experience this is typical with US banks. They often cannot guarantee that they'll allow a given transaction in advance, even though you give them all the details up front. For years when I first moved here, every single time I travelled home my US credit card would be denied. I always called the bank before I travelled, and told them where I'd be and what I'd be using the card for, and it never made any difference. The fraud detection is automated and there's simply no opportunity for them to do anything. Eventually they got better and started sending me text messages to allow me to confirm. But things like that made me decide to send a check for AOS.
Thank you guys.
It is actually frustrating. I had double (actually tripled!) checked with AMEX upfront and specifically let them know this is coming from Chicago Lockbox.
Anyway, I’ll definitely include a personal check and send the package again.
(Although there might be a slight chance that lockbox attempt a second time on the credit card! )

@Sm1smom i saw in some other forum that we can send a letter to the USCIS field office addressed to the officer . Is that possible ..i dont want to over push it either ?

Please bear in mind that the regulars here are volunteers giving up their free time to help people. It is preferable for us to spend our time on actual issues rather than various future hypotheticals which may or may not happen and can be asked about at the time if they do actually eventuate. Same reason we don’t spend time answering hypothetical future questions by entrants who have not yet been selected. Thanks for understanding.
I knew straight off the situations you were asking about were not applicable to you. I wanted you to confirm that when I asked the follow up question regarding when you sent in your payment.

Like Susie already stated, we clearly don’t appreciate spending quality time on hypothetical situations when there are lots of people with genuine situations needing help with moving their cases forward. If all you’re trying to do is to be prepared, then spend some time going over previous posts on this current and past AOS threads - that is the best way to prepare yourself and not waste other people’s time. My time is valuable, so is that of others who are still here answering questions and supporting others. The fact that the guidance we provide here is being done free of charge shouldn’t be taken for granted or be disrespected!
Hi Mom and Susie,

Thank you for the reminder and my sincere apologies to both of you and all other members. I mean no disrespect to anyone and I will be more cautious with my questions from now on.

Hi mom, for the i134, if my sponsor can't obtain the employment verification letter, does the initial contract works?
2. I previously mentioned that my sponsor started working last year so only earned 12k on his W2 for 2020. In addition, sponsor gave me paystub from Jan-April for 2021 and it reflected of 22k till date, since 12k+22k = 34k which is over the poverty level limit of 125% for 3 person, would it be okay to just submit what i have from the sponsor (recent paystub and W2)?

Hi mom, for the i134, if my sponsor can't obtain the employment verification letter, does the initial contract works?
2. I previously mentioned that my sponsor started working last year so only earned 12k on his W2 for 2020. In addition, sponsor gave me paystub from Jan-April for 2021 and it reflected of 22k till date, since 12k+22k = 34k which is over the poverty level limit of 125% for 3 person, would it be okay to just submit what i have from the sponsor (recent paystub and W2)?
1. The sponsor is not required to include an employment verification letter.
2. It doesn't work that way, previous year's income doesn't get combined with the current year's income in order to determine if the sponsor's income meets the applicable poverty guideline level in order to be eligible as a sponsor. Last year's income (based on what is on the current tax transcript will be reviewed on its own). The pay slips for 2021 will equally be reviewed on their own and if the trajectory of those indicates sponsor's annual income meets or is above the applicable PGL, then you should be fine.

I am just wondering what program people are using to fill I485 form. There is some parts that are not allowing me to fill. for exemple the top of ever pages that we are supposed to put A- number is not allowing me to enter the number. If anyone had a solution to this please lmk.

I got a sheet saying that my interview is completed but needs review, and it had the IO's name on it. Did you get something similar?
I did not ...did you get it by mail?..
During the interview ..the officer fixed my DOB typo and that same day there was a status update that said "DOB was Updated". Its still the same

Hi all, I have another question here:

1. On I-485, Part 1, 24. What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)? If it has not changed, do I just put N/A or do I put my arrival status again?
2. If my bank check doesn't have memo line, can I add one by myself? Will it cause any problem when they cash my check?

I just received my opt approval notice but haven't received my EAD card yet.
3. I found a number that looks like A-number. Since they did not specify what that number is, I am not 100% sure if that is my A-number. Is that ok to put that "maybe A-number" on my I-485?
4. If that number is not my A-number but I put it on my I-485, will that cause any problem?
5. On USCIS website, it said my EAD card was mailed to me so I assume it will arrive next week. I understand that on the spreadsheet, it said copied of EAD card is applicable. If I send my package without it, will I be able to give it to them during interview?