• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

Which office should we contact for the following situations:

1. $330 DV administration fee not cashed for a long time
2. Requesting for a copy of the $330 fee receipt as the official paper copy is taking a long time to arrive

Thank you!

Hi Mom,

2. Requesting for a copy of the $330 fee receipt as the official paper copy is taking a long time to arrive

Thank you!
You have to contact KCC. Send them an email.

Hi Mom,

Thank you!
When did you send in the payment?

Well, that would be a lie, right? And I hope you realize there are consequences associated with lying to an immigration officer.

Just so you know, this forum does not condone encouraging or guiding people to engage in fraudulent immigration practices
I meant that is what the translator should certify, so she can't, not that she should go ahead and do that. I was not encouraging that.

I meant that is what the translator should certify, so she can't, not that she should go ahead and do that. I was not encouraging that.
The translator is not required to state wether they are a family member or not. Just don’t further complicate the issue please. I already responded by telling the OP family members should not translate documents, only for you to follow up by writing they should certify they’re not a family member.

Hi mom,
I need your help.
I just got a notification from AMEX that the transaction (from Chicago Lockbox) has been denied.
I had called AMEX like 3 times this week, informing them about this upcoming transaction and they kept telling me all is good. Now I see the denied transaction.
I have also read that they (lockbox) do NOT attempt again.
I already talked to AMEX and they said they cannot overturn this unless demanded by the lockbox again and told me they’re gonna contact lockbox and USCIS tomorrow morning.

could advise me what to do?!

Hi mom,
I need your help.
I just got a notification from AMEX that the transaction (from Chicago Lockbox) has been denied.
I had called AMEX like 3 times this week, informing them about this upcoming transaction and they kept telling me all is good. Now I see the denied transaction.
I have also read that they (lockbox) do NOT attempt again.
I already talked to AMEX and they said they cannot overturn this unless demanded by the lockbox again and told me they’re gonna contact lockbox and USCIS tomorrow morning.

could advise me what to do?!
Unfortunately, nothing you can do from your end. The instruction says if credit card payment is declined, a second attempt at credit card processing will not be made and the package will subsequently be rejected. The Chicago Lockbox will most likely be sending back your package for you to re-file with a new form of payment.

Hi Mom,

Thank you!
You were asking as recently as this past Saturday, 4 business days ago, what to write on the DV fee money order implying it hadn’t even been sent yet, so how it can have been “not cashed for a long time”?

Unfortunately, nothing you can do from your end. The instruction says if credit card payment is declined, a second attempt at credit card processing will not be made and the package will subsequently be rejected. The Chicago Lockbox will most likely be sending back your package for you to re-file with a new form of payment.
So,
I should not send a new package right away? Just wait for the rejection and then send it again?

I have couple questions:

1. On the AOS package tab, under "Evidence of Financial Support", does this also include W-2, Bank Statement, and employment verification from applicant's spouse? Would it hurt to add them as support?

2. I'm reading on the spreadsheet that filling DS-260 shows immigration intent, so decide if you want to fill or not. At the same time, we show imigration intent by sending DV payment anyways. Is filling DS-260 any more of demonstration of imigration intent than DV payment? or I'm not understanding this correctly?

3. On few documents including 1NL, DS-260 is written as 'must' for all applicant. This contradicts row 7 of FAQ. Which one should I listen?

4. Question on i-485: P. 8, item 15: My spouse is Iranian, a while back her visa was denied/rejected by the interviewing officer once for bank statement not being sufficient, next time just because. She goes to a different embassy, officer tells her that he does not understand why she was denied/rejected at the previous embassy and gives her the visa. Would just mentioning "bank statement not being sufficient" enough? We have no idea what happened the second time.

Thanks!

You were asking as recently as this past Saturday, 4 business days ago, what to write on the DV fee money order implying it hadn’t even been sent yet, so how it can have been “not cashed for a long time”?
Nice catch haha
I’m just asking so I can be prepared in case there’s a delay in the future.

Nice catch haha
I’m just asking so I can be prepared in case there’s a delay in the future.
Please bear in mind that the regulars here are volunteers giving up their free time to help people. It is preferable for us to spend our time on actual issues rather than various future hypotheticals which may or may not happen and can be asked about at the time if they do actually eventuate. Same reason we don’t spend time answering hypothetical future questions by entrants who have not yet been selected. Thanks for understanding.

Hi all, I have another question. Thank you so much for the continued help!

For boring practical reasons, it makes sense for me to pay the $1,225 I-485 filing fee with a cashier's check. I wanted to confirm that I did this the right way:

Address: 12500 Tukwila International Blvd, Tukwila, WA 98168 (the lady at the bank said an address was required, but this address is not listed on the cashier's check itself)
Pay to the order of: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Remitter (Purchased By): <my name>
Amount: $1,225.00
Additional note: I-485 FEE, A# <my a-number>

Did I miss anything? Will the address be a problem since it corresponds to a local USCIS office?
I'm trying to find what to write as memo. Is this mentioned anywhere? I can't see it in the spreadsheet.

1. Yes
2. Get the employment verification letter if possible.
3. Yes, if you wish to receive the e-notification for the AOS package. Each G1145 you send in is case/package specific.
3. Just to clarify, should applicant and spouse each have a separate G1145 (based on "AOS package" tab)? Thanks.

I have couple questions:

1. On the AOS package tab, under "Evidence of Financial Support", does this also include W-2, Bank Statement, and employment verification from applicant's spouse? Would it hurt to add them as support?

2. I'm reading on the spreadsheet that filling DS-260 shows immigration intent, so decide if you want to fill or not. At the same time, we show imigration intent by sending DV payment anyways. Is filling DS-260 any more of demonstration of imigration intent than DV payment? or I'm not understanding this correctly?

3. On few documents including 1NL, DS-260 is written as 'must' for all applicant. This contradicts row 7 of FAQ. Which one should I listen?

4. Question on i-485: P. 8, item 15: My spouse is Iranian, a while back her visa was denied/rejected by the interviewing officer once for bank statement not being sufficient, next time just because. She goes to a different embassy, officer tells her that he does not understand why she was denied/rejected at the previous embassy and gives her the visa. Would just mentioning "bank statement not being sufficient" enough? We have no idea what happened the second time.

Thanks!
1. Wouldn’t hurt to include for the spouse too if they have their own. Further strengthens the applications.
2. Please apply what you read “in context” and not in isolation. The statement “filling DS-260 shows immigration intent, so decide if you want to fill or not” is a reminder to those with higher CNs who may not become current, it cautions against rushing and submitting the DS260. The DS260 submission and the DV administrative fee payment both represent a demonstration of an immigrant intent.
3. DS260 is not a “must” for all applicants. You can choose to follow your instincts on who or what to believe - it is your case, your call.
4. State precisely what she was told.