• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hi there! I’ve been following Mr britsimon’s YouTube videos.

My case is AS22xxx and originally planning on proceeding with CP at Tokyo Embassy. However given what’s happening right now described in Simons latest video, if we can also do AOS, is it essentially a better route?

My reasoning is
AOS could be great because
1) AOS (USCIS) tends to prioritize DV cases as it gets close to the end of September.

2)AOS is not dependent on foreign embassy’s capacity which also depends on Covid situation in its country as well as KCC interview scheduling capacity.

3) US overall is doing better in terms of covid because of the vaccination progress so we do not expect crazy delay in USCIS operations just as estimate.

Of course this is based on the assumption that our number will go current by June which was mentioned by the guy who controls the vida bulletin.
Depending on the judgment of the current situation, we are ready to switch our route to AOS immediately. Would love your thoughts on this. Thank you so much!

Hi there! I’ve been following Mr britsimon’s YouTube videos.

My case is AS22xxx and originally planning on proceeding with CP at Tokyo Embassy. However given what’s happening right now described in Simons latest video, if we can also do AOS, is it essentially a better route?

My reasoning is
AOS could be great because
1) AOS (USCIS) tends to prioritize DV cases as it gets close to the end of September.

2)AOS is not dependent on foreign embassy’s capacity which also depends on Covid situation in its country as well as KCC interview scheduling capacity.

3) US overall is doing better in terms of covid because of the vaccination progress so we do not expect crazy delay in USCIS operations just as estimate.

Of course this is based on the assumption that our number will go current by June which was mentioned by the guy who controls the vida bulletin.
Depending on the judgment of the current situation, we are ready to switch our route to AOS immediately. Would love your thoughts on this. Thank you so much!
What is your current status in the US?

I’m on E2 now that’s good for next 4 years and no intention of leaving anytime soon so pretty much qualified for AOS I believe.
Ok. Why were you going to do CP originally?
If you haven’t looked at sm1smom’s spreadsheet yet then do so (linked in first post of AOS thread),it includes a bit on the pros vs cons of each route.
I would personally not assume the number will be current by June by the way, given May is only current to 13000, but you’ll know for sure next week anyway when the new VB is out.

Dear Sir,

I have a question regarding my baby, she was born not in our home country, so for her birth certificate, do we have to send her certificate only for the country where she was born or even the birth certificate for our home country.

Thanks

Dear Sir,

I have a question regarding my baby, she was born not in our home country, so for her birth certificate, do we have to send her certificate only for the country where she was born or even the birth certificate for our home country.

Thanks
From where she was born is fine

I’m on E2 now that’s good for next 4 years and no intention of leaving anytime soon so pretty much qualified for AOS I believe.

I think it's the length of your authorized stay that matters, not the expiry date of the visa. I have an E2 and have never been given more than 2 years authorized stay in over 25 trips. Make sure your I-94 shows that you can stay long enough.

Hey guys,

curious but is there an email from KCC still asking for the documents? I have sent all of my documents already so I guess that next step would be 2NL? (They never asked for the documents btw but I still did send them)

How long does it normally take for them in 2021 to review DS-260 and ask for the docs? I know that most people out there are waiting for their 2NL though.

Thanks!

Yes, yes, yes! Your husband, as a derivative applicant, is required to also submit all those documents.

Only documents not applicable to a derivative are the school or work experience related documents (DV qualification document) which gets presented at the interview by the way.

Thank you for the prompt response! I hate how I got confused about the phrasing - now running around to collect the necessary documents...

Another question that was probably asked before, but I still cannot find a precise answer. What should I do for unobtainable documents, like the military service record for my husband (he served in USSR over 40 years ago)? The letter just says:
if you cannot obtain a particular document, send a scanned or photographed explanation in of why you cannot obtain the document, as an attachment in .jpeg or .pdf format, to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, with your case number in the subject line.
So, just an explanation of the situation will work? Or should I also provide some "weak documents" - my husband still has his military driver's license?

I have traveled abroad twice.
2006 stayed one week
2007 stayed two weeks
In each travel I stayed in hotel.
1. Should I mention that in DS260?
2. Should I issue police certificates for those countries?
3. Should I mention those travels during the interview?

2006 stayed one week
2007 stayed two weeks

Police ceriificates from places you LIVED in, not visited

Hi dears,
Case number 16k AF region. I've already got the "ready for scheduled" email month ago. I have a newborn and I asked kcc to unlock my DS-260 in order to add him.
My questions:
1- will the unlock of my Ds 260 delay my 2NL?
2- should I send the birth certificate after updating DS 260 without the request of kcc?
3- if I'm not able to take care of the baby by my own, what's the possibilities to include his mom (my wife) despite the fact that I'm not married with her.
4- will we need a DNA test at the interview?

Thanks in advance for your responses...

Hi dears,
Case number 16k AF region. I've already got the "ready for scheduled" email month ago. I have a newborn and I asked kcc to unlock my DS-260 in order to add him.
My questions:
1- will the unlock of my Ds 260 delay my 2NL?
2- should I send the birth certificate after updating DS 260 without the request of kcc?
3- if I'm not able to take care of the baby by my own, what's the possibilities to include his mom (my wife) despite the fact that I'm not married with her.
4- will we need a DNA test at the interview?

Thanks in advance for your responses...
1. Maybe but you do not have a choice, you have to list all children
2. If you are planning to add the baby to your case yes. Better to resend all documents associated with the case Including that rather than sending separately.
3. None unless you marry her, only a legal spouse can be added. You would probably need her permission to get a visa for the child if you do not marry her and take her with.
4. Usually would not be required if your name is on the birth certificate, but may depend on your country. You cannot get a DNA test in advance for immigration purposes - it can only be done by a DOS accredited lab and they need a case number, so the process would be that you would get put on AP after the interview, pending accredited DNA result.

Thanks SusieQQQ
In case I don't wish to travel with the baby. How can I proceed?
1. Maybe but you do not have a choice, you have to list all children
2. If you are planning to add the baby to your case yes. Better to resend all documents associated with the case Including that rather than sending separately.
3. None unless you marry her, only a legal spouse can be added. You would probably need her permission to get a visa for the child if you do not marry her and take her with.
4. Usually would not be required if your name is on the birth certificate, but may depend on your country. You cannot get a DNA test in advance for immigration purposes - it can only be done by a DOS accredited lab and they need a case number, so the process would be that you would get put on AP after the interview, pending accredited DNA

Thank you for the prompt response! I hate how I got confused about the phrasing - now running around to collect the necessary documents...

Another question that was probably asked before, but I still cannot find a precise answer. What should I do for unobtainable documents, like the military service record for my husband (he served in USSR over 40 years ago)? The letter just says:

So, just an explanation of the situation will work? Or should I also provide some "weak documents" - my husband still has his military driver's license?
Follow KCC’s instructions on what to do if a document is unobtainable.

2006 stayed one week
2007 stayed two weeks
1. Yes.
2. No. PCC is not required from places visited.
3. If asked, yes.

You’ll still need to unlock your DS260 and list the baby on your form. You however will not fill out a separate DS260 for the baby in this case.

You’ll still need to unlock your DS260 and list the baby on your form. You however will not fill out a separate DS260 for the baby in this case.
If I decide to marry the mom after the selection result as now, and carry them with me. That will not cause me a refusal?

If I decide to marry the mom after the selection result as now, and carry them with me. That will not cause me a refusal?
As long as you can convincingly demonstrate to the CO your marriage is genuine, getting married after selection does not lead to a denial. Considering you’ve already received the document submission confirmation email, I’m not sure if getting married now and adding a spouse to your case is still doable.