• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

What happens during medical test if wife is pregnant and due date after sep 30 ?
The doctors will not do anything unsafe for pregnancy.

If the baby is born between when you get your visas and when you enter the US, baby in this case will not need a visa but will be processed for a green card along with the rest of the family when you enter. You can get what is called a “boarding foil” from the embassy to allow baby to board the flight; obviously baby needs a passport, and you must get a long form birth certificate too.

Hello All, I have a question about changing AOS to CP. What address should I change in DS-260.
Thanks in advance.
You need to email KCC and inform them you wish to make this change, just changing the DS address is not enough. The address should be the current residential address.

You need to email KCC and inform them you wish to make this change, just changing the DS address is not enough. The address should be the current residential address.
Thank you very much for information. So I have to email KCC and inform that I wish to switch to CP and keep my current US address in DS260.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much for information. So I have to email KCC and inform that I wish to switch to CP and keep my current US address in DS260.

Thanks in advance!
No, I assumed you would actually have a current address where you want to interview? Is that not the case? They need a valid address where you want to interview to know which consulate to assign.

The doctors will not do anything unsafe for pregnancy.

If the baby is born between when you get your visas and when you enter the US, baby in this case will not need a visa but will be processed for a green card along with the rest of the family when you enter. You can get what is called a “boarding foil” from the embassy to allow baby to board the flight; obviously baby needs a passport, and you must get a long form birth certificate too.

Thank you , but is there a chance they hold visa issuance until delivery, my concern it will be after September 30 deadline?

No, I assumed you would actually have a current address where you want to interview? Is that not the case? They need a valid address where you want to interview to know which consulate to
Thank you very much for quick reply. Yes that’s my home country. So do I have to put my home county address as current address in DS260 not US address right?

Thanks in advance

? I already told you they have a system in place for babies born after visas are issued.
looks i wasn't clear with my question , i am not concerned with the visa for the baby , most likely will be born directly in US , I am concerned if they don't process my wife visa if she can't have X-ray during medical test .

looks i wasn't clear with my question , i am not concerned with the visa for the baby , most likely will be born directly in US , I am concerned if they don't process my wife visa if she can't have X-ray during medical test .
If she can’t get something done because she is pregnant she will get a waiver for it or they will use an alternative method.

Thank you very much for quick reply. Yes that’s my home country. So do I have to put my home county address as current address in DS260 not US address right?

Thanks in advance
I answered that already. Please re-read the post you replied to.

So how long are you hoping/wishing they could hold off visa issuance in this case then if your wife wouldn’t even be close to giving birth by the time you go for your interview?

Several pregnant women have gone through the medical process in the past - they were properly shielded. Alternatively you may be able to get your CS to waive the X-ray part (rather slim chance of getting a waiver IMO though).

So how long are you hoping/wishing they could hold off visa issuance in this case then if your wife wouldn’t even be close to giving birth by the time you go for your interview?

Several pregnant women have gone through the medical process in the past - they were properly shielded. Alternatively you may be able to get your CS to waive the X-ray part (rather slim chance of getting a waiver IMO though).
This is correct. From the DoS website: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...r-the-interview/medical-examination-faqs.html

If the applicant is pregnant must she have a chest x-ray?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires that women who are pregnant and required to have a medical examination in connection with the issuance of a visa, and are examined in a country currently using the 2007 TB Technical Instructions must have a chest x-ray examination conducted. Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields when they receive the chest radiographs.

Some
vaccines may be waiverable due to pregnancy.

Hi guys, what is the procedure of transferring your DV case from one embassy to another?
For example if case has DS-260 submitted, scans requested, sent but not verified yet, case is Current, target embassy is too slow to expect to get to your case ( 20k ).
What if try to transfer case to some 'better' embassy?

Hi guys, what is the procedure of transferring your DV case from one embassy to another?
For example if case has DS-260 submitted, scans requested, sent but not verified yet, case is Current, target embassy is too slow to expect to get to your case ( 20k ).
What if try to transfer case to some 'better' embassy?
You can’t simply request an embassy switch on the basis of one being “better” than the one responsible for your case. If you have a legitimate claim such as residing or having moved to a different country which a different embassy has jurisdiction over, you email KCC to unlock your DS260 form and update the new address, then following up by asking KCC to change your embassy based on the new address.

You can’t simply request an embassy switch on the basis of one being “better” than the one responsible for your case. If you have a legitimate claim such as residing or having moved to a different country which a different embassy has jurisdiction over, you email KCC to unlock your DS260 form and update the new address, then following up by asking KCC to change your embassy based on the new address.
Mom,

so, you cant change the embassy in the ds260 by yourself?

following interactions on this forum, i asked kcc to unlock my ds260 (they are processing). When i get it unlocked, i will move to another country, make all the necessary docs confirming new residency, update ds260 and submit it. I thought i would just change the embassy by myself? Or it doesn’t work that way? Or i change it and email them to confirm? CN is not current, docs are not processed, ds is not reviewed yet.

please help! Thank you for your time!

Last edited: