• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. In the spreadsheet under AOS package, it mentioned a copy of employment letter or employment verification letter. I just got an offer and they sent me an offer letter. Is the offer letter the same as employment letter?

2. If I start working before interview, do I need to request additional employment verification letter or the offer letter is sufficient?

3. When I applied for my OPT, I submitted G-1145. When I sent my package, do I need to submit G-1145 again to let them know I would like e-notification?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes
2. Get the employment verification letter if possible.
3. Yes, if you wish to receive the e-notification for the AOS package. Each G1145 you send in is case/package specific.

April 1st. It took a while.
Did you get a tracking number for your SASE envelope? Mine was cashed on March 22 but I did not get the receipt yet. I think I will request KCC to send the receipt by email if I don't get it by the end of this week.

Yes, correct.

There's no listed guidance I'm aware of which states the format for what or how the translated version should be.

Is the translation only required for the documents I send with the I-485, or anything I bring to the interview? For instance I was only going to send the picture page of my passport with my package. But when I bring the passport to the interview will I need translations for every page?

Is the translation only required for the documents I send with the I-485, or anything I bring to the interview? For instance I was only going to send the picture page of my passport with my package. But when I bring the passport to the interview will I need translations for every page?
You don’t need to translate the entire passport pages.

Mom, I will submit a congressional inquiry tomorrow. Can I reach out to a senator (it's easier to reach out to him)? Or should I go with the congressman first? On his website, they are asking for additional documents to support the problem. Should I add the policy memo or something else? Thank you.

Mom, I will submit a congressional inquiry tomorrow. Can I reach out to a senator (it's easier to reach out to him)? Or should I go with the congressman first? On his website, they are asking for additional documents to support the problem. Should I add the policy memo or something else? Thank you.
Yeah you can go with the Senator if that’s an easier option for you. I don’t know what kind of document this person is asking for it hoping to see. You’ll need to use your discretion here.

Hi Mom,
I am a DV -2021 winner, and my case is current right now. My case( AOS through DV) has been filed through an attorney. And they submitted my documents last Friday(9th, April).
When they send the documents to the USCIS, they did not send the DV processing fee receipt( Also, at that time, we didn't have our confirmation letter, which sends by the KCC/USCIS via mail).
But we had provided the DV processing fee -customer receipt, (which we had at that time) to the attorney. When we questioned whether we should wait and send the receipt with other documents, they said it is "not mandatory" to send them along with the other documents and only required to bring them to the interview.
(throughout my experience with them, I didn't have much confidence in how they handled my case since they have made significant mistakes, and I had to correct them many times)

1)Can this situation (Not sending DV processing fee - confirmation page) make my case disqualified?
2)Or can USCIS use this as a reason to send an RFE?

Hi Mom,
I am a DV -2021 winner, and my case is current right now. My case( AOS through DV) has been filed through an attorney. And they submitted my documents last Friday(9th, April).
When they send the documents to the USCIS, they did not send the DV processing fee receipt( Also, at that time, we didn't have our confirmation letter, which sends by the KCC/USCIS via mail).
But we had provided the DV processing fee -customer receipt, (which we had at that time) to the attorney. When we questioned whether we should wait and send the receipt with other documents, they said it is "not mandatory" to send them along with the other documents and only required to bring them to the interview.
(throughout my experience with them, I didn't have much confidence in how they handled my case since they have made significant mistakes, and I had to correct them many times)

1)Can this situation (Not sending DV processing fee - confirmation page) make my case disqualified?
2)Or can USCIS use this as a reason to send an RFE?

Just sharing my experience: My lawyer, like yours, did not send my DV fee receipt, which I paid after. My package was accepted without any issues and I will bring the receipt to the interview. Your question is also answered on the spreadsheet FAQ tab.

I had sent my DV fee on March 12th and it was cashed on March 16. I got my payment receipt today.
Hello Mom,
Just to confirm, the DV fee payment receipt is the form that was sent along with my Cashier's check (Now it is stamped as"Paid"). Right?
Thank you,

Just sharing my experience: My lawyer, like yours, did not send my DV fee receipt, which I paid after. My package was accepted without any issues and I will bring the receipt to the interview. Your question is also answered on the spreadsheet FAQ tab.
Thank you so much Raphael for the response. I ve been really worried about this whole day.. Thanks alot