• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello, I am sorry but I have not mailed a check before. Could I know where I should exactly write/mention the case number in the cheque/moneyorder? since state.gov says that "Please include your DV case number on your cashier’s check or postal money order."

Wherever you find a spot unless it says not to write there. I wrote it on le top side of my check.

Thank you. I've read through the spreadsheet. My understanding is that there is a chance that it is not accepted in which case I have to refile resulting in delay and double the cost.
My concern is that unless all the numbers are going to be current, I don't think I will ever going to be able to file. But at the same time, if all the numbers are current as early as June, the sooner you file, the more chances you'll have getting the interview.

Do you have a recommendation as to at what point I should schedule for the medical?
I already answered that question, just in case it wasn't clear in my previous response, I will make another attempt at answering it here:

1. I don't go by rumors of what is likely to happen with regards to when the VB goes current or when you become eligible to file.
2. Your medical cannot be older than 60 days as at the time the Chicago Lockbox accepts your AOS package.
3. Considering all the talk about the VB becoming current in June is nothing but rumors as of now, AFAIK, you will have to decide on your own if you want to complete the medical exam before the VB that is supposed to go current comes or not - it is a call you will have to make on your own.

I already answered that question, just in case it wasn't clear in my previous response, I will make another attempt at answering it here:

1. I don't go by rumors of what is likely to happen with regards to when the VB goes current or when you become eligible to file.
2. Your medical cannot be older than 60 days as at the time the Chicago Lockbox accepts your AOS package.
3. Considering all the talk about the VB becoming current in June is nothing but rumors as of now, AFAIK, you will have to decide on your own if you want to complete the medical exam before the VB that is supposed to go current comes or not - it is a call you will have to make on your own.
Thank you. I'm not gonna go by rumors. I wanted an expert's opinion and I thank you for that.

1. Simon’s recommendation about everyone sending in their documents has to do with those processing CP. If you’re processing AOS, you don’t send in your documents to KCC.
2. That’s a call you’ll have to make on your own - take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for more early filing.
3. Your medical must be 60 days old or less as at the time the Chicago Lockbox accepts your AOS package, so it certainly doesn’t make any sense to go do the medical now when your CN is not yet current - you can’t go by the rumor of all CNs becoming current in June.

I highly recommend you spend some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of what the process involves.
Re "1. Simon’s recommendation about everyone sending in their documents has to do with those processing CP. If you’re processing AOS, you don’t send in your documents to KCC."

How did you make this conclusion that it covers only those processing CP?

Re "1. Simon’s recommendation about everyone sending in their documents has to do with those processing CP. If you’re processing AOS, you don’t send in your documents to KCC."

KCC has nothing to do with AoS beyond accepting the fee payment for it. KCC collects the documents to ensure they are up to scratch before scheduling interviews at the consulates (so that they do not waste interview slots at the consulates). AOS do not interview at consulates.

I see you are new here, have you read the spreadsheet attached to the very first post of this long thread? It’s possible you missed it, if so, please read it!

How did I make that conclusion? Really???

giphy.gif

I don't if anyone can answer this question, but I read on another forum that there are people who filed other types of adjustment of status in Boston in June/July 2020 and are still waiting for a biometrics appointment. Does this mean that the ASC in Boston will schedule all of these people before me, a December filer? Does it count that my case is a DV AOS? It just seems impossible that they will get to me in time if people who filed 5-6 months before me are still waiting.

I don't if anyone can answer this question, but I read on another forum that there are people who filed other types of adjustment of status in Boston in June/July 2020 and are still waiting for a biometrics appointment. Does this mean that the ASC in Boston will schedule all of these people before me, a December filer? Does it count that my case is a DV AOS? It just seems impossible that they will get to me in time if people who filed 5-6 months before me are still waiting.
DV AOS has priority over other types of AOS

Hello, I am sorry but I have not mailed a check before. Could I know where I should exactly write/mention the case number in the cheque/moneyorder? since state.gov says that "Please include your DV case number on your cashier’s check or postal money order."
I wrote it on the bottom left of the check where it says "For"

Sorry if this question has been asked in this thread.
1) I just went through the spreadsheet and I saw I-944 is no longer on the spreadsheet. Is that the new rule that we don't need this anymore?
2) If yes, since I am under F-1 and graduating soon and I don't have anyone to sponsor I-134 for me, how can I show I won't be public charge except I-134?
3) Also, when you prepare the photocopy document such as birth certificate, I-94 ... etc., do you use color copy or black and white copy? Or, does it even matter?

Sorry if this question has been asked in this thread.
1) I just went through the spreadsheet and I saw I-944 is no longer on the spreadsheet. Is that the new rule that we don't need this anymore?
2) If yes, since I am under F-1 and graduating soon and I don't have anyone to sponsor I-134 for me, how can I show I won't be public charge except I-134?
The I944 is no longer required. You can show financial documents like bank statements, personal funds, sources of income. That's what I did. I'm F1 too. Every situation is different.

The I944 is no longer required. You can show financial documents like bank statements, personal funds, sources of income. That's what I did. I'm F1 too. Every situation is different.
Thanks for replying. So... those financial documents do not need to go with I-485 application and we just need those documents while being interview. Is that correct?
What is the safe bet for not being public charge? I heard people mentioned if personal funds are three times greater than property level, then it is considered safe for F-1. I am not sure if this is true or not.

Thanks for replying. So... those financial documents do not need to go with I-485 application and we just need those documents while being interview. Is that correct?
What is the safe bet for not being public charge? I heard people mentioned if personal funds are three times greater than property level, then it is considered safe for F-1. I am not sure if this is true or not.

I sent them with the I485. You should read the spreadsheet on the first page of this thread. It explains everything you need to send and why. I can't say exactly how much money is enough or safe for not being considered a risk of public charge.

I heard people mentioned if personal funds are three times greater than property level, then it is considered safe for F-1. I am not sure if this is true or not.
This is the level for someone using an i864 as an affidavit of support for an immediate relative of USC category. Not relevant to you.

Hello!
I am in the middle of filling the DS-260. I am a F1 Opt student and I have my EAD card with me. There I have a 9 digit number. Is that what they are referring here as the Alien Registration Number? Thanks.
1616131091401.png