• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom,

I have a question regarding the AOS package on I-765(EAD card) and I-131(AP card) as it is mentioned optional in AOS package with some comments.

If my CN current and not leaving USA until we are done with the visa interview, then we don’t need to fill out these two forms. These two forms needed to be filled by people who are doing to go out of USA before the interview. Is my understanding correct on these two forms?

Thank you so much.

I-765 (for EAD card) is for someone who wishes to take up authorized employment while their AOS application is pending.
I-131 (for AP card) is for someone who wishes to travel out of the US while their AOS application is pending - the AP card enables them to return to the US without their AOS application being deemed as abandoned and subsequently denied.

There are potential consequences for using either of these cards as explained on the AOS process spreadsheet.

If you're not planning on traveling outside the US while the AOS application is pending, you don't need to include the form with your AOS package.

I-765 (for EAD card) is for someone who wishes to take up authorized employment while their AOS application is pending.
I-131 (for AP card) is for someone who wishes to travel out of the US while their AOS application is pending - the AP card enables them to return to the US without their AOS application being deemed as abandoned and subsequently denied.

There are potential consequences for using either of these cards as explained on the AOS process spreadsheet.

If you're not planning on traveling outside the US while the AOS application is pending, you don't need to include the form with your AOS package.

Thank you so much mom for clarifying this.

I will not include I-131 in the AOS package if my CN get current and get the chance to proceed. ( CN = AS27***)
As I am in F1 visa (until March 2023, I will be employed as a university graduate teaching assistant) I think, I don't need to apply for any employment while the AOS pending which means I will not include I-765 either.

Thank you once again.

Thanks mom for your continued guidance,

One more re I-944, part 3. q6, additional income: if I received some money from my parents to support me while on my F1 visa, would you consider that as relevant to this section? In the instruction guide it says e.g. child support, unemployment benefits, which this was obviously not either.

Originally I was going to place it in my 'assets' section for amount in my checking/savings account, but which would you consider more appropriate?

Hello @Sm1smom,

I have a question in regards to changing from CP to AOS. I originally was planning on going to my home country US Embassy for my interview, but due to covid, the EU travel ban and PP10014, it looks like this is becoming to be very very challenging. I am currently in the USA (Brooklyn, NY) on a non-immigrant work visa and my case (EU8***) will be current next month, so I would like to submit my AOS package first thing next week. However my concern is the switch from CP to AOS.

If I understand it correctly I need to write the KCC to inform them of this switch and receive my 2NL from them? However from the moment i email KCC and wait to receive my 2NL, I am able to send out my AOS package, correct? Or do I first need to have a KCC reply confirming my change from CP to AOS and receive my 2NL?

Thank You!

Thanks mom for your continued guidance,

One more re I-944, part 3. q6, additional income: if I received some money from my parents to support me while on my F1 visa, would you consider that as relevant to this section? In the instruction guide it says e.g. child support, unemployment benefits, which this was obviously not either.

Originally I was going to place it in my 'assets' section for amount in my checking/savings account, but which would you consider more appropriate?

The section under which you list the financial support from you parents doesn't matter.

Hello @Sm1smom,

I have a question in regards to changing from CP to AOS. I originally was planning on going to my home country US Embassy for my interview, but due to covid, the EU travel ban and PP10014, it looks like this is becoming to be very very challenging. I am currently in the USA (Brooklyn, NY) on a non-immigrant work visa and my case (EU8***) will be current next month, so I would like to submit my AOS package first thing next week. However my concern is the switch from CP to AOS.

If I understand it correctly I need to write the KCC to inform them of this switch and receive my 2NL from them? However from the moment i email KCC and wait to receive my 2NL, I am able to send out my AOS package, correct? Or do I first need to have a KCC reply confirming my change from CP to AOS and receive my 2NL?

Thank You!

Yes, you can send in your AOS package as soon as you've informed KCC of your decision to switch from CP to AOS without necessarily waiting for KCC's acknowledgement of your request to switch.

I took a look at the G1450 form and I don’t see a section for the CVV though (or am I looking at the wrong form). Anyway, I don’t know if the package will be rejected or not due to the missing CVV.

1. Yes you can reapply.

2. You can send in a complete new package now if you prefer, or wait to see if the first one gets rejected (it will get sent back to you in that case). If the first one gets accepted, after you’ve already sent out the new package, you’ll have to contact your credit card company and instruct them to decline the payment. If the second payment also goes through in addition to the first one, you’ll need to contact USCIS in that case and inform them you wish to withdraw the second application. Of course the fee will not be refunded.

thank you, mom! yes, you are right there's no place for CVV in g-1450. But I thought we need cvv info until and unless we are inserting or swiping in our card. Maybe lockbox banking transaction works differently than online shopping? okay, I think I will give it a few more days then.

Hi Mom! I am 95% sure that the passport photos I'm submitting will be fine, but if they are not will USCIS just request I send in new ones or would my whole packet be cancelled and have to be resubmitted?
(There is a very minor shadow on one side of the white background).

Hi Mom! I am 95% sure that the passport photos I'm submitting will be fine, but if they are not will USCIS just request I send in new ones or would my whole packet be cancelled and have to be resubmitted?
(There is a very minor shadow on one side of the white background).

I don’t know. The right question you should be asking yourself is if you’re okay with the 5% chance of your package either being rejected or being sent an RFE to address the issue. Wether the package gets rejected or you get sent an RFE means you’re adding some unnecessary months of additional delay to your process.

If you have any doubt, simply address it while you still have control of the process.

Hi Mom,
What are the rules regarding bringing children to the interview? My children are not applying with us for I-485 (they are US citizens),. Their names are in both our forms in the children section Part 6 (and we selected "No" for the question "Is this child applying with you")
Thanks

Hi Mom,
What are the rules regarding bringing children to the interview? My children are not applying with us for I-485 (they are US citizens),. Their names are in both our forms in the children section Part 6 (and we selected "No" for the question "Is this child applying with you")
Thanks

They would rather one does not bring along any child who is not a part of the process especially in this corona virus season.

Hello Mom please one question I’m sorry to disturb
please wanted to ask if we pay our money order to U.S. Department of Homeland Security or U.S Citizenship and Immigration Service.
Thank you

please wanted to ask if we pay our money order to U.S. Department of Homeland Security or U.S Citizenship and Immigration Service.
Thank you
Department of homeland security, since USCIS is under the homeland security

Thank you

I provided you with a link that shows precisely who and how to write out the check. You make the payment to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

If you submit your AOS application within the 2 months before your case becomes current, does it put you ahead of the people who wait until the first day of the month that they are current? Like do they look at your application first.
And if not, what’s the advantage of submitting an application early compared to waiting to the first day of the month that the case becomes current

If you submit your AOS application within the 2 months before your case becomes current, does it put you ahead of the people who wait until the first day of the month that they are current? Like do they look at your application first.
And if not, what’s the advantage of submitting an application early compared to waiting to the first day of the month that the case becomes current

The Chicago Lockbox treats applications in the order which they are received.