• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

hello All,

can someone please share their experience on how they collected and sent their "Bank of America" and "American Express" account statements for form I944?

Each monthly statements are around 8-9 pages long with only 3-4 pages of relevant financial detail and I am unsure if I am supposed to send (3 bank accounts) * (8) * (12 months) = 288 additional pages of paper to the USCIS.

thanks

hello All,

can someone please share their experience on how they collected and sent their "Bank of America" and "American Express" account statements for form I944?

Each monthly statements are around 8-9 pages long with only 3-4 pages of relevant financial detail and I am unsure if I am supposed to send (3 bank accounts) * (8) * (12 months) = 288 additional pages of paper to the USCIS.

thanks

I did the same for all of my bank accounts.

hello All,

thanks

Yes, I have included all the pages of my BofA account statements.

hello All,

I understand how awkward it is. My BofA statement made a stack of 250 sheets. But since it numbers the pages as (x of y) I included all those pages to avoid the impression that I altered a document.

Re Bank Statements:

I hope you guys realize you don't need to list your bank account if the bank account/balance isn't necessarily an asset that you can further use in demonstrating you're unlikely to become a public charge? If you barely have a "worthwhile" balance in your account, listing the account as an "asset" and including pages of bank statements is simply a waste of resources. Don't include all of your bank accounts, just because you have all those bank accounts unless they qualify to be listed as "assets"

There's a tab on the AOS spreadsheet dedicated to "Public Charge" - this tab has links to some rather useful documents on how to fill out the I-944, etc. One of those documents I linked to says:

"If including checking and savings accounts as an asset, the applicant must include account statements covering at least the last twelve months before submitting the I-944. Whether to include such evidence might depend on if the applicant has a significant amount of money in bank accounts and/or low household income and other weak factors they want to offset, as mentioned above."​

I hope you guys are referencing those as you fill out your forms. I'm purposely not providing a direct link to the above quote because the document with the information is already on the spreadsheet. Look up the Public Charge" tab if you feel it might be of help to you.

I have my USCIS interview scheduled first thing Monday morning in NYC. The forecast for Monday is currently 90% chance of snow, is there a way to find out in advance of showing up if USCIS is closed due to inclement weather? Given its Friday to Monday, I am not hopeful they will update their website on Sunday.

so , am on h1...wife stuck abradd due to borders been closed....my CN was current but nothing yet not even biometrics!....does is seems like this will not happen before sept 31? .....im thinking to move abroad?..

I have my USCIS interview scheduled first thing Monday morning in NYC. The forecast for Monday is currently 90% chance of snow, is there a way to find out in advance of showing up if USCIS is closed due to inclement weather? Given its Friday to Monday, I am not hopeful they will update their website on Sunday.

They’re usually good at updating their website if the office will be closed due to inclement weather.

so , am on h1...wife stuck abradd due to borders been closed....my CN was current but nothing yet not even biometrics!....does is seems like this will not happen before sept 31? .....im thinking to move abroad?..

Don’t make a sentimental rash decision.

F-1 Visa, AS 16***

Even if my number becomes current in June-July 2021, and that I have fulfilled absolutely all the necessary requirements, is it possible that there are no longer any green cards available to be issued at that time? ( I was told that there are more amount of winners than the 50,000 green card availability)

P.S. it is extremely concerning that the cut-off for ASIA will only be at 6,200 by March 2021, so some words of encouragement would be nice :)

F-1 Visa, AS 16***

Even if my number becomes current in June-July 2021, and that I have fulfilled absolutely all the necessary requirements, is it possible that there are no longer any green cards available to be issued at that time? ( I was told that there are more amount of winners than the 50,000 green card availability)

P.S. it is extremely concerning that the cut-off for ASIA will only be at 6,200 by March 2021, so some words of encouragement would be nice :)

If all the available green cards are allocated before your number becomes current it is possible, yes. That's why "winning the lottery" is not necessarily a guarantee that one will get a green card. However, though I'm not an expert, I don't think that will happen before June so you should be fine.

@raphael1899 I appreciate the response!
Not sure if you are familiar with this, but have all the available green cards from past lotteries only allocated by August-September? My "by June-July 2021" comment was merely my optimistic estimate. Thank you!

@raphael1899 I appreciate the response!
Not sure if you are familiar with this, but have all the available green cards from past lotteries only allocated by August-September? My "by June-July 2021" comment was merely my optimistic estimate. Thank you!

I think you should check visa bulletins from past years. But honestly, your number is not that high in my opinion. I wouldn't worry.

Hi everyone,

Just curious, those who already received bio, did you first see any updates in your uscis account OR received a letter?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just curious, those who already received bio, did you first see any updates in your uscis account OR received a letter?

Thanks

I received my bio letter today and nothing has never changed in my uscis account.

Reactions: TZ&
F-1 Visa, AS 16***

They stagger visa numbers over the fiscal year, so if they run out (which has happened, but rarely)it is usually not before late August and more probably September. One disadvantage of AOS on that front, well two, is that there is no guarantee you will get an interview as soon as you get current, and unlike consular processing a visa number is not reserved for you in advance when your interview is scheduled but only requested after the interview.

@SusieQQQ Thank you for your response!
I understood your 1st stated disadvantage, but I'm not sure if I understand your 2nd one correctly. Are you essentially saying a green card will only be assigned/allocated to me ONLY AFTER a successful interview?
Thanks!

@SusieQQQ Thank you for your response!
I understood your 1st stated disadvantage, but I'm not sure if I understand your 2nd one correctly. Are you essentially saying a green card will only be assigned/allocated to me ONLY AFTER a successful interview?
Thanks!

I think the last time visas numbers ran out was dv2017. See below for report of an AOS applicant going to interview to be told they had run out of numbers (and also someone whose interview was pushed back to September, despite being current months earlier). (He did update later to confirm that no numbers were made available to them by the end of the fiscal year.) This is just an FYI.
Again - this is pretty rare, and my personal opinion - I think it is unlikely visa numbers will run out this fiscal year because of the delay in starting consular interviews.

Hi mom, Simon, all,

I simply cannot believe I am writing this post right now, that is pretty much a nightmare. My wife (main applicant), and myself (co-applicant), just came back from our interview. The officer lady told us that she has bad news for us. Apparently, last Friday 9/8, USCIS received a letter/memo that told them all DV visas were exhausted and that they no longer have visas available for DV applicants (she even showed us a copy of the letter). That is RIDICULOUSLY frustrating!!!!! My wife's case number was current on May (AS region), and since then all regions were current until the end of this 2017 fiscal year. How is that even possible? I know that they select more people than available visas, but I thought that when your region is current for a certain month they will have visas available for you! Also, what makes it more frustrating is that since we had our bio (5/16), we went to 3-4 infopasses and finally last time (early August) we spoke to a very nice lady at the FO that we gave her an expedite request letter and she also told us she will go now to check our case with the other officer/s. Several days later we received the interview letter (early August). Now, with what happened today we see that if we had our interview date any time prior to today (or Friday) would be just fine.

The lady at the interview today also told us that they will still not close our cases until the end of the month, and they will contact us in case there are available visas, but I don't how this can happen now. Would sending another letter to the FO explaining the frustrating situation help at all?

Please share your thoughts about this situation. What would you recommend us to do at this point?!?

Thank you very much!!

and

....AOS cases do not have a visa number reserved prior to interview as CP cases do. Checking the visa is available is the final step for AoSers.

@SusieQQQ I truly appreciate the time you took to respond to this!
In strictly your own opinion (and anyone else who would like to put in their input as well), is my case number (ASIA 16***) a relatively good number to be at with this year's circumstances?

Thank you, everyone!