• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

@SusieQQQ I truly appreciate the time you took to respond to this!
In strictly your own opinion (and anyone else who would like to put in their input as well), is my case number (ASIA 16***) a relatively good number to be at with this year's circumstances?

Thank you, everyone!
I don’t do the “good number bad number” judgment thing, but as I said, I really don’t think running out of numbers is a risk this year.

Hi,
I initially posted this to the wrong thread, sorry!
I’m on F-1 visa here and (before COVID) I used to get my “ineligible for an SSN” document from the SSN Office. Due to Covid, they’re only doing phone appointments by providing them your SSN :) Naturally, I can’t obtain that document, but I have an older version that I got last year, can I use it in the case of providing proof for I-944, so that they could see I won’t be able to get a credit score report?

hi mom,

would a web printed copy (by doing ctrl + p) of our credit score and credit report from TransUnion be okay for I-944?

thank you!

Hi,
I initially posted this to the wrong thread, sorry!
I’m on F-1 visa here and (before COVID) I used to get my “ineligible for an SSN” document from the SSN Office. Due to Covid, they’re only doing phone appointments by providing them your SSN :) Naturally, I can’t obtain that document, but I have an older version that I got last year, can I use it in the case of providing proof for I-944, so that they could see I won’t be able to get a credit score report?

How can I demonstrate I do not have a Credit Score?
Contact Trans Union or one of the other two major agencies and request they issue you with a letter indicating you have no credit report. If you cannot get any of the three major agencies to issue a letter indicating you have no credit report, you can do one of the following:
1. Try to generate an online report from Annual Credit or Credit Karma, or from one of the 3 major credit agencies - this should generate a return that says no credit report found (since you have no SSN). Print out/screenshot the result and include it with your package.
OR
2. Include a Sworn Statement of No US Credit History with your AOS package. Sample such letter below;

" To whom it may concern,

As an applicant for US permanent residence who is subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility, I understand that I must provide my US credit report and credit score as a Part of I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency.

I do not have a Social Security Number. As such, each of the three credit agencies is unable to generate a credit report or credit score for me.

I swear, under the penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Sincerely,

XXXX"

The above information is listed on the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

I think the last time visas numbers ran out was dv2017. See below for report of an AOS applicant going to interview to be told they had run out of numbers (and also someone whose interview was pushed back to September, despite being current months earlier). (He did update later to confirm that no numbers were made available to them by the end of the fiscal year.) This is just an FYI.
Again - this is pretty rare, and my personal opinion - I think it is unlikely visa numbers will run out this fiscal year because of the delay in starting consular interviews.

and

To be clear, are you saying we won't run out of visas because we'll run out of time first?

To be clear, are you saying we won't run out of visas because we'll run out of time first?
Well, by definition of how DV works you’ll run out of either one or the other. It’s not very often historically that visas have run out first - especially for everyone (there have been a few years that individual countries have hit their limit, though this is also pretty rare). And remember that DV is now officially back at 55k, when they had been working on 50k for quite some years.

And what I’m basically saying for this year is that with 4 months of the FY gone and no visas issued via CP, and with many embassies still capacity constrained even if the ban goes and they manage to start interviews in Feb, and with the vast majority of DVs issued via consular procussing rather than AOS, I don’t see how they will be able to issue a full allotment of visas this year. I know they managed to speed up DV dramatically in September last year after the court order, but I can’t see that kind of pace sustainable over two thirds of a fiscal year, especially given that there is a pile of other visa categories that will get unbanned at the same time as DV.

It probably should be okay.

I received two separate reports each for credit report and credit score from TransUnion and I had to pay 0.99 for the latter one.
While my credit report has my name on it, the credit score doesn't. Is it normal or am I missing something here?

thank you once again!

I received two separate reports each for credit report and credit score from TransUnion and I had to pay 0.99 for the latter one.
While my credit report has my name on it, the credit score doesn't. Is it normal or am I missing something here?

thank you once again!

Stop overthinking and send use what you have.

Hi mom,
My case number will be current in March 2021! I looked at the spreadsheet and it said to wait for my 2NL from KCC confirming my intention to do AOS. I emailed KCC a couple times to get my status changed from CP to AOS, and they emailed back saying they changed it to AOS but this would not be reflected in my DS260. I even unlocked my DS260 to try change it myself but unfortunately that's not an option. Just wondering if I don't get the confirmation from KCC to do AOS, can I still proceed with the following steps?

Or is the email reply from them saying they changed my status evidence enough to qualify for this?

Thanks!

Hi mom,
My case number will be current in March 2021! I looked at the spreadsheet and it said to wait for my 2NL from KCC confirming my intention to do AOS. I emailed KCC a couple times to get my status changed from CP to AOS, and they emailed back saying they changed it to AOS but this would not be reflected in my DS260. I even unlocked my DS260 to try change it myself but unfortunately that's not an option. Just wondering if I don't get the confirmation from KCC to do AOS, can I still proceed with the following steps?

Or is the email reply from them saying they changed my status evidence enough to qualify for this?

Thanks!

The switch will not be reflected on your DS260. If the KCC has already emailed back acknowledging your request to switch from CP to AOS, that email response is all you need in order to proceed.

Hi Mum, Sussie, and other moderators,

I'm expecting my number to appear in the DV bulletin released in Feb. I know that I can bank on the DV bulletin progressing but I want to make sure I'm prepared.

I am going through all of my paperwork and have a few clarification questions. I apologize that this is long, and I know you don't provide reassurances, just opinions.
  1. The filing fees remain at $1,225, And that includes the cost of I-765 and I-131? There was mention of a new filing fee in early posts, and later it mentioned they haven't gone into effect yet?
  2. I have requested my tax transcripts, is there anything I should be worried about here? To my knowledge, I have filed correctly. Also, the IRS website only allows you to pull transcripts from the last four years should I be reaching out to them to see if it's possible to get older ones? Or, the last four are the only available ones, and therefore the only ones that matter?
  3. Do all international HS transcripts need to be evaluated, even if they are in English?
  4. There was a period between my OPT and H1B where I was unable to work as my EAD had expired but my H1B visa hadn't been issued yet, this was due to the initial covid slow of visa processing. The law firm suggested this wasn't a big issue, which I took to mean that I wasn't out of status. If I can provide copies of pay stubs to show that I wasn't working during that transition, in your opinion will I have issues (my employer is a university)?
I know that many of these questions may seem over the top but I just want to make sure I'm giving myself the best chance possible of success.

I appreciate you all very much!

Hi Mum, Sussie, and other moderators,

I'm expecting my number to appear in the DV bulletin released in Feb. I know that I can bank on the DV bulletin progressing but I want to make sure I'm prepared.

I am going through all of my paperwork and have a few clarification questions. I apologize that this is long, and I know you don't provide reassurances, just opinions.
  1. The filing fees remain at $1,225, And that includes the cost of I-765 and I-131? There was mention of a new filing fee in early posts, and later it mentioned they haven't gone into effect yet?
  2. I have requested my tax transcripts, is there anything I should be worried about here? To my knowledge, I have filed correctly. Also, the IRS website only allows you to pull transcripts from the last four years should I be reaching out to them to see if it's possible to get older ones? Or, the last four are the only available ones, and therefore the only ones that matter?
  3. Do all international HS transcripts need to be evaluated, even if they are in English?
  4. There was a period between my OPT and H1B where I was unable to work as my EAD had expired but my H1B visa hadn't been issued yet, this was due to the initial covid slow of visa processing. The law firm suggested this wasn't a big issue, which I took to mean that I wasn't out of status. If I can provide copies of pay stubs to show that I wasn't working during that transition, in your opinion will I have issues (my employer is a university)?
I know that many of these questions may seem over the top but I just want to make sure I'm giving myself the best chance possible of success.

I appreciate you all very much!

Additional question:
5. the ASC and FO locations are found by entering your postal code on the USCIS website right?

The switch will not be reflected on your DS260. If the KCC has already emailed back acknowledging your request to switch from CP to AOS, that email response is all you need in order to proceed.
Thank you!

I have a question regarding the AP Card/Form I-131. Can I apply for this separately? (later on in the process?) I'm on an OPT as an actor/performer and regularly audition for gigs that film outside of the US. Assuming I booked one of these roles and didn't have an AP Card, if I left, this would mean I'd abandon my AOS petition?

Wonder if there are any pros/cons to applying for this earlier vs later?

Thank you!

I have a question regarding the AP Card/Form I-131. Can I apply for this separately? (later on in the process?) I'm on an OPT as an actor/performer and regularly audition for gigs that film outside of the US. Assuming I booked one of these roles and didn't have an AP Card, if I left, this would mean I'd abandon my AOS petition?

Wonder if there are any pros/cons to applying for this earlier vs later?

If you are not on a dual intent visa (H, L) and leave before AOS is completed yes you abandon AOS. Current processing times for I131 seem to be minimum 5 months (actual processing time for FY2020), mostly more like 6-8 or even longer currently (reports on other forums), so it’s really mostly just a hypothetical for a DV21 AOS applicant who hasn’t filed it yet.

If you are not on a dual intent visa (H, L) and leave before AOS is completed yes you abandon AOS. Current processing times for I131 seem to be minimum 5 months (actual processing time for FY2020), mostly more like 6-8 or even longer currently (reports on other forums), so it’s really mostly just a hypothetical for a DV21 AOS applicant who hasn’t filed it yet.
Sorry, what do you mean it's mostly a hypothetical? Does this mean I can/can't apply for this separate from my AOS package?

Also, assuming it takes so long to process just the I-131, do you know how long it usually takes for AOS? My OPT expires in Nov 2021, so what happens if I'm still pending AOS and my OPT status expires?

Sorry, what do you mean it's mostly a hypothetical? Does this mean I can/can't apply for this separate from my AOS package?

Also, assuming it takes so long to process just the I-131, do you know how long it usually takes for AOS? My OPT expires in Nov 2021, so what happens if I'm still pending AOS and my OPT status expires?
It’s hypothetical because by the time it will get approved the fiscal year will be almost near the end, if not over. Even in a normal year AOS is very often completed before AP/i131 (I’m sure this is mentioned in the spreadsheet?), and the processing of i131 is much delayed at present.
AoS is done by your FO, it’s a different process entirely to I131 which is done by a uscis service center.
AOS needs to be completed by 30 Sept as I am sure you know, so the expiration of your OPT in Nov 2021 is only relevant if you don’t complete AOS and have kept your underlying status.