• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone, Thank you for this great forum.
I won DV2021 and my CN is AS00009***. I am currently in US and working under my OPT STEM which will be expired on Jun 2022.
I have few concerns:
1. This year everything is weird and unpredictable. So I am not sure if my CN is more likely to be current or not by the end of FY. I see there are more than 25000 selectees from Asia and based on the historical data only 7-8000 visa will be issued to this region. I also see ppl with 30*** CN which doesn't make sense if there are only 25000 selectees. There are 6000 selectees from my country Iran and yet my CN is 9***. Anyways I don't understand the meaning of these numbers and I am worried about VB being very slow releasing numbers.
2. I am thinking on having a plan B, and wondering in case that my DV doesn't go through, Can I still ask my employer to apply for a GC? Is it possible to apply for employment GC without having an H1B?

Thanks

Hi everyone, Thank you for this great forum.
I won DV2021 and my CN is AS00009***. I am currently in US and working under my OPT STEM which will be expired on Jun 2022.
I have few concerns:
1. This year everything is weird and unpredictable. So I am not sure if my CN is more likely to be current or not by the end of FY. I see there are more than 25000 selectees from Asia and based on the historical data only 7-8000 visa will be issued to this region. I also see ppl with 30*** CN which doesn't make sense if there are only 25000 selectees. There are 6000 selectees from my country Iran and yet my CN is 9***. Anyways I don't understand the meaning of these numbers and I am worried about VB being very slow releasing numbers.
2. I am thinking on having a plan B, and wondering in case that my DV doesn't go through, Can I still ask my employer to apply for a GC? Is it possible to apply for employment GC without having an H1B?

Thanks

The case # doesn't reflect how many before you as there are random numbers shuffled in. You can read more about "holes theory" at BritSimon's website (just do a quick google search).

Hi everyone
My case No is AS16xx and I early filed in Dec. You can find my timeline in the 2021 spreadsheet. Today I received a letter from USCIS with an interview date and time, which brings me to my two questions:

1- I haven't received a Bio appointment letter as of yet. Is this an anomaly or does it imply that they're going to do Bio on the same day as the interview?

2- The letter goes on with instructions on what to bring to the interview. One of the boxes that are checked says "Arrest records and certified court dispositions for any and all arrests". Neither me or my spouse have an arrest on our record. Does this mean we are still required to produce some kind of document as proof through a certain authority in the US?

3- The letter also says if the document is not in English then it should be accompanied by a translation. Does this mean I need to bring a document from authorities in my home country also?

Hi everyone
My case No is AS16xx and I early filed in Dec. You can find my timeline in the 2021 spreadsheet. Today I received a letter from USCIS with an interview date and time, which brings me to my two questions:

1- I haven't received a Bio appointment letter as of yet. Is this an anomaly or does it imply that they're going to do Bio on the same day as the interview?

2- The letter goes on with instructions on what to bring to the interview. One of the boxes that are checked says "Arrest records and certified court dispositions for any and all arrests". Neither me or my spouse have an arrest on our record. Does this mean we are still required to produce some kind of document as proof through a certain authority in the US?

3- The letter also says if the document is not in English then it should be accompanied by a translation. Does this mean I need to bring a document from authorities in my home country also?

May I ask where is your FO?

Hi everyone

If I am not completely wrong, Bios appointments and interviews are scheduled by separate offices, so maybe that's why. There are delays for Bios and not for interview appointments maybe. If you don't go to a Bio appointment before the interview, the officer could decide that they have to wait to approve your GC. To answer your question about arrest records, I believe you only have to present documentation IF you have a record, and yes, any document that is not in English has to be translated.

Hi everyone

1. No, it is not an anomaly and no, it doesn't necessarily mean your bio will happen same day as your interview. You FO sent the interview letter because they're assuming the NBC as already scheduled your bio (since the FO is not responsible for scheduling the bio appointments, the NBC is).

2. Your IL is a generic one which your FO typically sends out, it doesn't necessarily mean they expect you to present arrest and court disposition records if those are not applicable to you.

3. If you submitted any document in a foreign language (or plan on presenting any document issued in a foreign language during the interview), that document needs to be accompanied by a certified English copy.

p.s. update the timeline spreadsheet with your FO for the benefit of others.

so what am seeing on the timeline sheet for 2021 is , some people who got current in january has gotten interview but my case was current in NOV but has not even got biomentrics. Does it depends on the location you live??

so what am seeing on the timeline sheet for 2021 is , some people who got current in january has gotten interview but my case was current in NOV but has not even got biomentrics. Does it depends on the location you live??

IL issue/receipt depends on your FO

IL = Interview Letter.

Have you tried using the e-Request Service Tool to follow up on your case/pending bio? You can use that tool if it's been over 60 days since you last received any kind of update.

I tried it was broken - said call technical support. I then called USCIS , they put in a request for a tier 2 agent to call me back , waiting on the call still.

Hi everyone

So - I'm a bit confused. AS16XX was current in November. Just curious why you said that you were current in January and did early filing in December?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who did the bio in December has followed up with the USCIS for the interview?
My FO is Boston and according to the 2019 timeline, the days between Bio and Interview is about 25 days. I did the bio on December 11th.

Should I call USCIS or should I wait for more?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone who did the bio in December has followed up with the USCIS for the interview?
My FO is Boston and according to the 2019 timeline, the days between Bio and Interview is about 25 days. I did the bio on December 11th.

no progress here (NYC). we called to confirm it hasn't been scheduled yet. that's all

Hello,

You can give it about 1 more week before initiating a follow-up. USCIS offices in general are still dealing with all the backlogs caused by COVID-19 (office closure for a couple of months in mid 2020, employees out sick, etc.)

I'm pretty sure this isn't how it's supposed to work, but my biometrics are done...

This morning I received a letter from USCIS that stated "The record shows a new or updated fingerprint submission is needed. You are instructed to report to any Application Support Center below to complete a new set of fingerprints on :"

The "date" listed was "Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:30pm" and the list of ASC's was every ASC in Northern California (8 of them). There was no specific time or date, no specific ACS, and no barcode, but the box on the letter labeled "Code 3, FP & Biometric" was ticked.

So I jumped in the car and rocked up at San Jose. At the front desk they initially claimed what I had wasn't the right thing, that I needed an appointment letter with a specific time/date/barcode, and tried to turn me away. I pointed out that the letter I had was from USCIS, and the specific sentence above "instructing" me to report to an ACS which was what I was doing! The first guard/receptionist called in someone else, who called in a third person, who then disappeared with my letter and ID for a minute or so before coming back and saying I was good!

When I got to the biometrics area the guy was again a little confused, but took it in his stride. The actual processing was a little more manual than I think it's supposed to be as they didn't have a barcode to scan with my details, but they entered the details manually and everything seems to have gone off without a hitch.

All up, biometrics completed less than an hour after I received the letter, with about 20 minutes of that time being in the ACS.