• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello guys,
I wanted to ask you a question regarding the form I-485, part 14, in the additional information part. Do I have to write my name there or only if I have additional information to add? Thank you for the help

Dear friends, I have a question. Does anyone know: if tax return wasn't filed while worked on the non-immigrant temporary agricultural visa (H2A), will it be a big issue when filing dv program based adjustment of status i-485 or even denial?

Dear friends, I have a question. Does anyone know: if tax return wasn't filed while worked on the non-immigrant temporary agricultural visa (H2A), will it be a big issue when filing dv program based adjustment of status i-485 or even denial?

If you were eligible to file tax returns and failed to do so, you need to address that by back filing regardless of its impact on your AOS application.

Hello guys,
I wanted to ask you a question regarding the form I-485, part 14, in the additional information part. Do I have to write my name there or only if I have additional information to add? Thank you for the help
If you use a pdf reader (with JAVA script enabled) to complete your application, then that field will fill up automatically when you fill the part 1. I don't think that's a big deal but filling the information there wouldn't hurt.

Hello mom,

These may be some trivial elementary level questions however I would really appreciate your patience here one more time.

1. For USCIS purposes, is there any difference between a COPY and a PHOTOCOPY of a document?
2. Do copies of our documents such as passport, visa... need to be in color or can they be in black and white?
3. After I filled the form I-485 online and print it. Would it still be okay to write in some missing boxes with a pen?
4. On no. 3 I am not trying to save a paper but some boxes in the forms don't take "N/A" or "None" as inputs so that's why.

Thank you!

Hello mom,

These may be some trivial elementary level questions however I would really appreciate your patience here one more time.

1. For USCIS purposes, is there any difference between a COPY and a PHOTOCOPY of a document?
2. Do copies of our documents such as passport, visa... need to be in color or can they be in black and white?
3. After I filled the form I-485 online and print it. Would it still be okay to write in some missing boxes with a pen?
4. On no. 3 I am not trying to save a paper but some boxes in the forms don't take "N/A" or "None" as inputs so that's why.

Thank you!

1. No difference.
2. It doesn’t matter, be it colored or black and white. The important thing is for the copy to be clear and legible.
3. Yes, you can do that.
4. You can disable JavaScript on the document which will allow you to type into those “restricted” boxes - instructions below:
  1. Open the Edit menu
  2. Go to Preferences
  3. Click "JavaScript"
  4. The dialog box shown in the figure below will open
  5. Uncheck “Enable Acrobat JavaScript”
  6. Click “OK”

1. No difference.
2. It doesn’t matter, be it colored or black and white. The important thing is for the copy to be clear and legible.
3. Yes, you can do that.
4. You can disable JavaScript on the document which will allow you to type into those “restricted” boxes - instructions below:
  1. Open the Edit menu
  2. Go to Preferences
  3. Click "JavaScript"
  4. The dialog box shown in the figure below will open
  5. Uncheck “Enable Acrobat JavaScript”
  6. Click “OK”

Thank you!

mom,

1610518351432.png

1. Please refer to the attached image. Would this corresponding boxed uscis # in our EAD be the A-Number or USCIS account number?
2. I am an F1 student and I had an EAD thru OPT a couple years back. So, I am not sure if I am supposed to have an A-Number and USCIS account number?
3. Would you recommend putting a copy of my expired EAD card and its corresponding form I-797 (NOA) with my AOS application package although now I am in full time student status?

Thank you much, again!

Hi all, I did my biometrics today. In the reception I informed that my first name and last name is swapped then the officer asked if I called and addressed that problem. I said yes and I showed the response letter I got from my field office and I said I sent supporting documents to prove the change. She said it’s fine. In the applicants information worksheet I wrote my name and last name in the correct sequence but she crossed it and wrote it as it appears on the notice, then she wrote the correct version in the previously used names section and wrote correct next to it with an arrow. After that, the officer who took my fingerprints asked again about the name. I asked if she can correct it but she said I need to call 800 number to do that. That’s my experience I am so relieved that it went smoothly.

Btw, I have sent the supporting documents about name change to NBC. And call center said some documents were received for my case and I should see an update in 30 days. I will let you know how it goes.

mom,

View attachment 2237

1. Please refer to the attached image. Would this corresponding boxed uscis # in our EAD be the A-Number or USCIS account number?
2. I am an F1 student and I had an EAD thru OPT a couple years back. So, I am not sure if I am supposed to have an A-Number and USCIS account number?
3. Would you recommend putting a copy of my expired EAD card and its corresponding form I-797 (NOA) with my AOS application package although now I am in full time student status?

Thank you much, again!

1&2. That is your non-immigrant A#. You don't have a USCIS a/c #.
3. Yes.

Hi,

Do I need to make copies of my payslips, bank statements and etc, for each applicant? I am the main applicant and have a wife and 3 kids. So it becomes a lot of copies for each form i-944.

Thank you.

Hi,

Do I need to make copies of my payslips, bank statements and etc, for each applicant? I am the main applicant and have a wife and 3 kids. So it becomes a lot of copies for each form i-944.

Thank you.
1.Consider each application as an individual petition. So, if you include anything in I-944 you should include supporting documents requested.
(yeah I remember my I944 was much bigger than I-485)
2.you only sign where it asks to sign (not on every page)

1.Consider each application as an individual petition. So, if you include anything in I-944 you should include supporting documents requested.
(yeah I remember my I944 was much bigger than I-485)
2.you only sign where it asks to sign (not on every page)

Thank you

Any november cases still waiting on bio ..or am I the only one ?? ...kinda worried as to whats going on!

Have you done any follow up with USCIS with regards to the bio notice to confirm you haven't already missed the bio appointment? You need to confirm if the bio notice already got sent and you somehow missed it. Other folks who either filed with you or after you in October have already completed their bio based on what is on the timeline spreadsheet.

Have you done any follow up with USCIS with regards to the bio notice to confirm you haven't already missed the bio appointment? You need to confirm if the bio notice already got sent and you somehow missed it. Other folks who either filed with you or after you in October have already completed their bio based on what is on the timeline spreadsheet.

I called them abt a week back and they said its not scheduled yet (however this was not a 2 tier agent). I did an early filing , techincally my number was suppose to be on november , I am thinking maybe i am pushed to go with the november group..I am still not seeing november bios in the spreadsheet except one. I will call them tomorrow as well

When i checked the case status it says Biometrics fee recieved. Does this change if they sent the bio notice to something else?

Thank you

Last edited: