• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I am filling in form i-944 and need to provide evidence of insurance. I read that I need to provide a copy of my policy, a Letter from the insurance company or from 1095B or 1095C.

How to get it? Whom should I ask it for?

I have insurance through the company, that I work for and don't recall ever getting an actual policy in paper form.

Thank you.

I am filling in form i-944 and need to provide evidence of insurance. I read that I need to provide a copy of my policy, a Letter from the insurance company or from 1095B or 1095C.

How to get it? Whom should I ask it for?

I have insurance through the company, that I work for and don't recall ever getting an actual policy in paper form.

Thank you.
Do you have an online portal for your health insurance? The details are probably online. Or ask HR.

Do you have an online portal for your health insurance? The details are probably online. Or ask HR.
Yes. I do have a portal, but only found my insurance card, which is not evidence for USCIS and explanation of benefits, where there is no mention of my name or who is covered.
The company HR replied, that they are going to have form 1095C only in February.

hello i am dv2021
My photo meets all requirements apart from the part where the top of the head to the chin should be 50-69%. Mine is 74%. this cause any problem?

Yes. I do have a portal, but only found my insurance card, which is not evidence for USCIS and explanation of benefits, where there is no mention of my name or who is covered.
The company HR replied, that they are going to have form 1095C only in February.
so your company organizes health insurance but cannot facilitate a copy of the policy you’re paying for? I have to say this sounds kind of odd. Have you contacted the insurer directly to ask them then?

Hello,

Thank you so much for the very helpful spreadsheet. It looks like AOS cases are moving forward in a timely manner and the first DV Lottery selectees applying by AOS will receive their visas soon (I noticed biometrics are taking place and soon interviews for these initial cases)?

However I have one question which I can't find an answer to; if I were to change to an AOS application (instead of my currently selected CP application), will this be an issue if I do not have my Green Card visa issued in time before my current valid non-immigrant visa runs out in July 2021 and need to go to my home country?

Hello,

Thank you so much for the very helpful spreadsheet. It looks like AOS cases are moving forward in a timely manner and the first DV Lottery selectees applying by AOS will receive their visas soon (I noticed biometrics are taking place and soon interviews for these initial cases)?

However I have one question which I can't find an answer to; if I were to change to an AOS application (instead of my currently selected CP application), will this be an issue if I do not have my Green Card visa issued in time before my current valid non-immigrant visa runs out in July 2021 and need to go to my home country?
Visa expire date is not applicable as long as you maintain your current status.

hello i am dv2021
My photo meets all requirements apart from the part where the top of the head to the chin should be 50-69%. Mine is 74%. this cause any problem?

1. Don’t duplicate the same post over several threads in the forum.
2. The AOS thread is for AOS process related questions only.

Hello,

1. Are you currently in the US?
2. If YES to question (1), what is your current status and when is the status (not the visa stamp on your passport) set to expire?

Visa expire date is not applicable as long as you maintain your current status.

Thank you for your quick response. I am currently living + working in the US on my valid non-immigrant visa, which is set to expire end of July 2021 (this is according to the expiry date mentioned on my actual visa in my passport).

I am afraid of moving forward with an AOS, just in case I do not receive it before the end of July and need to leave the country at that given time.

1. Are you currently in the US?
2. If YES to question (1), what is your current status and when is the status (not the visa stamp on your passport) set to expire?

Thank you for your quick response. I am currently living + working in the US on my valid non-immigrant visa, which is set to expire end of July 2021 (this is according to the expiry date mentioned on my actual visa in my passport).

I am afraid of moving forward with an AOS, just in case I do not receive it before the end of July and need to leave the country at that given time.

You need to give us more information about you status. Visa stamp on your passport is just to enter the US. Even if you stay here after your visa expired is legal as long as you maintain the status (E.g. I was a F1 student and my visa expired on June 2020. But I maintained my F1 status even after my visa expired date. So I was legal and I received my GC in August).

so your company organizes health insurance but cannot facilitate a copy of the policy you’re paying for? I have to say this sounds kind of odd. Have you contacted the insurer directly to ask them then?

Thank you, Susie. I called the insurance company and they are going to email me the documents and then will mail them to me so that I would have an original document.

I’m sorry I can’t help you if you can’t or are unwilling to answer the questions asked. Your above response does not correspond to the questions I asked (most especially the second question). So I suggest you re-read my post and answer the actual question asked if you really want to be provided with the right form of guidance.

You need to go to the CBP website and download your latest I-94. That should tell you what date your status ends. That's the date you have to be out of the country by. Really you always need to do this, every time you enter the country on a NIV because when you have a relatively new visa, your status will typically not last as long as the visa expiry date. For example, you might enter with a 5-year visa and CBP might give you 1 year on your I-94. That means you better be gone by that date, even if it's only a quick hop across the border into Canada or Mexico and then straight back. It doesn't matter that your visa is good for 5 years.

On the other hand, if your visa is expiring soon then you would often end up with an I-94 date that's considerably later then your visa's expiry date. For example, if you show up at customs on the day your visa expires, realistically they are not going to let you in for just 1 day. They have guidelines for how long to admit people for each visa type in these situations.

So, bottom line, every single time you enter the US as a non-immigrant, you *must* check how long you're being let in for and make sure you go by that time, or file for an extension (which is often more hassle than just taking a quick trip to Toronto or wherever).

Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the AOS fees payment. I know that @Sm1smom said that it's acceptable to pay all fees in one check but it's highly recommended to pay separately. I just want to make sure I know how the payment is being separated; it should be $1140 for i-485 and $85 for biometrics? Please let me know if the numbers are correct and also to which the payment should be directed? I had a lot of problems with my DV payment and I don't want to go through the same mistakes. Can you guys tell me the name of the receiver, the address, and everything else needed? Thank you guys again and take care everybody

Hi Sm1smom,
The expiration date of the I-485 is 10/31/2020. Is it the correct form? It is the one on the USCIS website.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,
I have a quick question regarding the AOS fees payment. I know that @Sm1smom said that it's acceptable to pay all fees in one check but it's highly recommended to pay separately. I just want to make sure I know how the payment is being separated; it should be $1140 for i-485 and $85 for biometrics? Please let me know if the numbers are correct and also to which the payment should be directed? I had a lot of problems with my DV payment and I don't want to go through the same mistakes. Can you guys tell me the name of the receiver, the address, and everything else needed? Thank you guys again and take care everybody

You’ve completely misunderstood the separate payment recommendation which is aimed at family member applicants, and not a single applicant as in your case. I have never recommended issuing separate payments for the I-485 payment and the bio fee.

The recommendation is for each application in a family package to have a separate payment to ensure if there’s an issue with one application, the entire family package doesn’t get rejected and sent back as against issuing one single payment which is what will happen in such a situation. You only need one payment in your case

You really need to make sure you’re not over-analyzing the process or reading things out of context.

Here’s the Filing Fee (under the Where to File Section) instructions per USCIS. That link has other useful links which you should go through also.