• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

What city are you from? ..maybe it depends on the city office and how busy they are ...not very sure though!

We are in Indianapolis area. Yes, probably it depends on the area. I called about 10 days ago and I was told that we are not scheduled yet and need to wait. Tomorrow I will call again and let you know what they say. Hope for the better for everybody!!!

We are in Indianapolis area. Yes, probably it depends on the area. I called about 10 days ago and I was told that we are not scheduled yet and need to wait. Tomorrow I will call again and let you know what they say. Hope for the better for everybody!!!
Let us now - appreciate it !

I called them abt a week back and they said its not scheduled yet (however this was not a 2 tier agent). I did an early filing , techincally my number was suppose to be on november , I am thinking maybe i am pushed to go with the november group..I am still not seeing november bios in the spreadsheet except one. I will call them tomorrow as well

When i checked the case status it says Biometrics fee recieved. Does this change if they sent the bio notice to something else?

Thank you

You need to speak with a tier 2 personnel. The frontline staff answering the calls see exactly what you see, they mostly can’t see if the bio was scheduled or not. The online status does not change based on the bio being scheduled.

What city are you from? ..maybe it depends on the city office and how busy they are ...not very sure though!

FO’s do not schedule the bio, this is done by the NBC for everyone. DV 2020 was an anomaly where some FOs did schedule bio appointments (this was towards the end of the FY by the way).

Did you speak with a tier 2 person?

You need to speak with a tier 2 personnel. The frontline staff answering the calls see exactly what you see, they mostly can’t see if the bio was scheduled or not. The online status does not change based on the bio being scheduled.
called USCIS - i insisted to talk to tier 2 agent - they say they no longer transfer calls to tier 2 agents. The lady on the phone said they can see in their system on the issuance of the bio metrics letter and said in my case its not issued yet :(

called USCIS - i insisted to talk to tier 2 agent - they say they no longer transfer calls to tier 2 agents. The lady on the phone said they can see in their system on the issuance of the bio metrics letter and said in my case its not issued yet :(

You can try call again and you may be lucky to get a more helpful agent. If you decide to call again, just pretend like you hadn’t called before.

You can also submit an Online Inquiry for case follow up if it’s been over 60 days since you last heard about your case from USCIS.

You can try call again and you may be lucky to get a more helpful agent. If you decide to call again, just pretend like you hadn’t called before.
i did that :) ..same answer the lady said tier 2 agents are no longer accepting phone calls due to the limited no of people working due to covid. She also said she can see if a bio was issued or not and said to wait as they are experiencing a back log!!. Funny thing is she had no clue what Diversity visa cases are though!.. @NickN how did it go with you buddy.. any different answer?

Did you speak with a tier 2 person?
About 10 days ago they did not connect me to tier 2 person. When I asked about it they said that ASC is responsible for biometrics, then he checked our alien case number and said the interview was not scheduled yet and we have to wait. I will call soon again to check again. I will let you know what they say. Thank you!

i did that :) ..same answer the lady said tier 2 agents are no longer accepting phone calls due to the limited no of people working due to covid. She also said she can see if a bio was issued or not and said to wait as they are experiencing a back log!!. Funny thing is she had no clue what Diversity visa cases are though!.. @NickN how did it go with you buddy.. any different answer?
Thank you for information
dhanu159
I will call soon and then will post what they said to us. Hope for the better!!! :)

Based on my experience calling the USCIS two times, the representative is able to see if the biometric has been scheduled or not. The first time I called was on the 29th day after receiving NOA. The biometric was not scheduled at that time and the representative asked me to call back after 30 days of receiving NOA. Then I called after a week and I got to know that my biometric has been scheduled. She was also able to tell me when the biometric notice was ordered (the letter I received had the same date); however, she was not able to see the date and time of the appointment. I hope this helps anyone waiting for their biometric to be scheduled.

Here is today's our experience regarding biometrics. I called USCIS 18003755283, said to the robot that I want to ask about if biometrics was scheduled for our case. I was directed to an agent. I asked to talk to tier 2 personnel. They said that they can tell that our biometrics was not scheduled yet, they can see in their system that, so there is no need to talk to tier 2 personnel. Also, the agent said that he sees the same information as we see on our Internet account. In this case they do not direct to tier 2 personnel. He said, that he can direct to tier 2 personnel in case when the biometrics is shown to be scheduled, but for some reason I did not receive it by mail, so they would contact tier 2 personnel to send another mail to me.

So, currently, as Mom suggested sometime ago, we were directed to https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init. I tried to fill it out myself and chose i485 subform -other (since I could not see diversity visa there), and system said "error" your subform does not correspond to your receipt number. So, I called again to USCIS and the agent filled out the from on our behalf. Now, they should send us information about our case within 30 days.

But, overall, all 3 agents I talked today said that because USCIS were shut down several months in early 2020, there is a huge backlog, and it is different to predict when your case will be considered and whose case will be considered first for biometrics (that was the response to my question why people who filed at the same time already got their biometrics letters). Sorry for a long message, just wanted to give you all info I got. Hope for the better for everybody!!! :)

Hello, everyone,

I am new here and I have been looking at that very helpful spreadsheet to understand how long I have to wait. I filed my AOS in December and this is my timeline so far:

December 16: Case Filed

December 17: Case Received

December 23: Fingerprint Fee Received

January 11: Receipt Notices Received

Based on this, when do you think I will receive a notice with the date of my biometrics appointment? I saw on the spreadsheet that some people already got theirs.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Here is today's our experience regarding biometrics. I called USCIS 18003755283, said to the robot that I want to ask about if biometrics was scheduled for our case. I was directed to an agent. I asked to talk to tier 2 personnel. They said that they can tell that our biometrics was not scheduled yet, they can see in their system that, so there is no need to talk to tier 2 personnel. Also, the agent said that he sees the same information as we see on our Internet account. In this case they do not direct to tier 2 personnel. He said, that he can direct to tier 2 personnel in case when the biometrics is shown to be scheduled, but for some reason I did not receive it by mail, so they would contact tier 2 personnel to send another mail to me.

So, currently, as Mom suggested sometime ago, we were directed to https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?sroPageType=ndn&entryPoint=init. I tried to fill it out myself and chose i485 subform -other (since I could not see diversity visa there), and system said "error" your subform does not correspond to your receipt number. So, I called again to USCIS and the agent filled out the from on our behalf. Now, they should send us information about our case within 30 days.

But, overall, all 3 agents I talked today said that because USCIS were shut down several months in early 2020, there is a huge backlog, and it is different to predict when your case will be considered and whose case will be considered first for biometrics (that was the response to my question why people who filed at the same time already got their biometrics letters). Sorry for a long message, just wanted to give you all info I got. Hope for the better for everybody!!! :)

Just after posting this reply, I went to check our mailbox and we found there two letters inviting us to the interview on Feb 23, 2021.

Dear Mom and other moderators,
Question for you. I am not sure, is it possible to go to the interview without biometrics and do biometrics later? Hopefully biometrics will be scheduled soon. I will keep you updated.

Another short clarification question, in the letter states to BRING WITH YOU:

* Completed form I-864, Affidavit of Support.

I saw the spread sheet states that it does not apply for DV visa and we should print out the 9 FAM 302.8 (U) Public Charge) to show on the interview if needed.
(https://fam.state.gov/fam/09fam/09fam030208.html)
Is it still true?

Thank you very much! I hope everybody waiting will get their letters soon!!! Hope for the better for all!!! :)

Hello, everyone,

I am new here and I have been looking at that very helpful spreadsheet to understand how long I have to wait. I filed my AOS in December and this is my timeline so far:

December 16: Case Filed

December 17: Case Received

December 23: Fingerprint Fee Received

January 11: Receipt Notices Received

Based on this, when do you think I will receive a notice with the date of my biometrics appointment? I saw on the spreadsheet that some people already got theirs.

Thank you!

No one can predict when you’re likely to receive the bio notice due to the backlog situation USCIS has been dealing with since June/July 2020. Take a look at the 2021 Timeline spreadsheet to see how fellow 2021 DV AOS filers are doing. You should also add your info to the timeline spreadsheet by the way, it is a lot more useful there.