• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi, In form I-485 in Employment history, I need to provide a list of employers. Since 2018, I basically worked for the same employer but in different countries and in different capacities.

1. Should I specify different employers if it is the same company but I worked in different offices/branches in different countries? Officially each of these companies has a separate registration in a different country, but the same name and all companies belong to the same group of companies.

2. Should I specify different employers if I have changed positions while working for the same employer? Like, I worked as a QA Engineer and started working as a Software Developer?

Thank you very much for all your advice.

1&2: No, that is still one employer IMO.

Hello mom,
I saw that there’s is an immigration ban pp10014 and pp10052 going on that will prevent DV2021 selectees to get their visas. I wanted to know if AOSers were concerned about that ?

Those 2 proclamations suspends immigrant and non-immigrant entry to the US. AOSers are already in the US and therefore are not subject to the PP.

I'm filling out the DS260 and had a question on the address history section.

I maintained 2 x residences (1 in Europe and 1 in India/USA when I had parallel jobs) for 2 periods of time - so the start, end dates of these addresses overlap - how would I write this up on the form?

While you might have been maintaining 2 homes in parallel at the same time, you can’t be considered to be simultaneously residing at both over the same period of time. One should be considered as your primary residence, while the second one is basically a place you stayed at when you visited the location. You need to determine which and where you considered to be your primary residence.

Hi Mom!

Do you think AOSers have the opportunity to join with the law suits that would be filed by Curtis Morrison? I saw that you have to pay $500 before and the rest $500 after you get the visa. According to you knowledge do you think that it's worth to go with such a lawsuit? Thanks.

Hi Mom!

Do you think AOSers have the opportunity to join with the law suits that would be filed by Curtis Morrison? I saw that you have to pay $500 before and the rest $500 after you get the visa. According to you knowledge do you think that it's worth to go with such a lawsuit? Thanks.
What would be the point, seeing as AOS is not affected by the ban?

Hi Mom!

Of what benefit is the law suit to someone processing AOS?

Regardless of AOS or CP, you would still get affected since the VB is processing very slowly, right? It has the chance that your number won't become current ever. Sorry, maybe I am just confused.

VB progression (or lack of it) has nothing to do with the PP which the lawsuit is hoping to address. There’s nothing the lawsuit can do for a CN that never got to be current in the first place, regardless of the processing option. The lawsuit makes no difference to the VB progression rate.

Dear friends, I have one question. I prepare my AOS application.
In the form I-485, there is a question Is your current spouse is filing with you?(same about child). Is that means filing for AOS with me or filing for immigrant visa in general?My spouse and my child are at my home country, they will be going through CP under dv program as my derivatives after my AOS will be completed. So what is correct answer ?

Dear friends, I have one question. I prepare my AOS application.
In the form I-485, there is a question Is your current spouse is filing with you?(same about child). Is that means filing for AOS with me or filing for immigrant visa in general?My spouse and my child are at my home country, they will be going through CP under dv program as my derivatives after my AOS will be completed. So what is correct answer ?

Any question on the I-485 is AOS specific, so the answer in this case should be NO.

Hello!

I filed my AOS on 10/24/20, received my notice of action on 11/30/20 and today received my Request to Appear at Interview. The interview is scheduled on 02/01/2020. Very happy to have an interview date, but I never received a biometrics letter, will this be an issue if i have not received or done my biometrics at the time of the interview?

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello!

I filed my AOS on 10/24/20, received my notice of action on 11/30/20 and today received my Request to Appear at Interview. The interview is scheduled on 02/01/2020. Very happy to have an interview date, but I never received a biometrics letter, will this be an issue if i have not received or done my biometrics at the time of the interview?

Thanks so much for your help!
you still have almost a month before your interview. So, you may get the bio appointment before your interview. If not there are few possibilities,
1. When you show up for your interview, they will reschedule your interview until you complete your biometrics
2. They will do the interview and capture the biometrics on the same day
3. They will just do the interview and inform you to wait till the bio letter appears
If you look at the last year time line, you can get an idea. But you can call the USCIS and see if your bio has been scheduled or not.

you still have almost a month before your interview. So, you may get the bio appointment before your interview. If not there are few possibilities,
1. When you show up for your interview, they will reschedule your interview until you complete your biometrics
2. They will do the interview and capture the biometrics on the same day
3. They will just do the interview and inform you to wait till the bio letter appears
If you look at the last year time line, you can get an idea. But you can call the USCIS and see if your bio has been scheduled or not.
Option 4, if poster had done biometrics for something else they may reuse them.

Hello and Happy New Year Everybody!

After going through the AOS spreadsheet I have a few questions.

I am currently on an STEM-OPT extension based on a visa that expired back in 2019. I am legitimately working based on the OPT extension though. Based on the spreadsheet, I'm having a bit of a concern if I am eligible for the AOS in the first place?

I haven't yet received my First Notification Letter (1NL). I did switch addresses however. Should I contact KCC regarding that? I know that it is important to include it in the AOS package

Considering that the 2NL usually takes up-to 2 months after the submission of DS260 and that from my approximations my Case Number (EU12XXX) is not going to be available up until June/July, am I safe to submit my DS260 application around April/May?

I have been employed at a Cannabis Service as a Software Engineer. I did not know that it was a problem. I am currently looking to switch companies. Should I quit in the meantime or is it okay if I stay and support myself off of my earnings whilst looking for a different job?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hello and Happy New Year Everybody!

After going through the AOS spreadsheet I have a few questions.

I am currently on an STEM-OPT extension based on a visa that expired back in 2019. I am legitimately working based on the OPT extension though. Based on the spreadsheet, I'm having a bit of a concern if I am eligible for the AOS in the first place?

I haven't yet received my First Notification Letter (1NL). I did switch addresses however. Should I contact KCC regarding that? I know that it is important to include it in the AOS package

Considering that the 2NL usually takes up-to 2 months after the submission of DS260 and that from my approximations my Case Number (EU12XXX) is not going to be available up until June/July, am I safe to submit my DS260 application around April/May?

I have been employed at a Cannabis Service as a Software Engineer. I did not know that it was a problem. I am currently looking to switch companies. Should I quit in the meantime or is it okay if I stay and support myself off of my earnings whilst looking for a different job?

Thank you very much in advance!

1. Visa stamp expiration date is irrelevant, it is not what determines if you're currently in or out of status. The visa stamp is what is used in admitting you to the US. If you're currently in STEM-OPT, then you are still in status and are eligible to process AOS.

2. Yes you have received your 1NL. The 1NL is your selectee notice announcing your DV selection. Not sure which other notification letter you're referring to as your 1NL.

3. Waiting until April/May to submit the DS260 form is not a problem. Yes, you it is possible for the 2NL to take up to 2 months or more, it is not a problem. Not including the 2NL with the AOS package is not a show spoiler for the AOS processing.

4. Your call on what to do. Bear in mind, the IO will need to be convinced you're not likely to become a public charge in order for your AOS application to be approved. One of the ways for overcoming being perceived as a public is been able to demonstrate one has a steady income (as in currently working).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a single post.

1. Visa stamp expiration date is irrelevant, it is not what determines if you're currently in or out of status. The visa stamp is what is used in admitting you to the US. If you're currently in STEM-OPT, then you are still in status and are eligible to process AOS.

2. Yes you have received your 1NL. The 1NL is your selectee notice announcing your DV selection. Not sure which other notification letter you're referring to as your 1NL.

3. Waiting until April/May to submit the DS260 form is not a problem. Yes, you it is possible for the 2NL to take up to 2 months or more, it is not a problem. Not including the 2NL with the AOS package is not a show spoiler for the AOS processing.

4. Your call on what to do. Bear in mind, the IO will need to be convinced you're not likely to become a public charge in order for your AOS application to be approved. One of the ways for overcoming being perceived as a public is been able to demonstrate one has a steady income (as in currently working).

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a single post.

Thank you so very much, Sm1smom!

I'll make sure to number the questions next time.

I misunderstood and thought that 1NL was supposed to also arrive as a letter to my address.

Dear Sm1smom,

Sorry if I'm being redundant, I'm just extremely nervous and want to make sure I do this properly,

1. Can the filing fee $1,225 be paid in one lump sum? And can I pay it with credit card using G-1450?

2. Is this still the right address for AOS applications? I'm based in New York.

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

3. I'm planning on submitting both I-944 and affidavit of support, since my current H-1B is valid till end of March. Is that alright, you think?

Thanks a lot and happy New Year!
Maya

Dear Sm1smom,

Sorry if I'm being redundant, I'm just extremely nervous and want to make sure I do this properly,

1. Can the filing fee $1,225 be paid in one lump sum? And can I pay it with credit card using G-1450?

2. Is this still the right address for AOS applications? I'm based in New York.

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

3. I'm planning on submitting both I-944 and affidavit of support, since my current H-1B is valid till end of March. Is that alright, you think?

Thanks a lot and happy New Year!
Maya

1. Yes. Yes.
2. Yes (if you’re using a courier delivery option such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL).
3. All I-485 are required to be accompanied by an I-944. Including an I-134 is an optional but potentially helpful piece of evidence.

1. Yes. Yes.
2. Yes (if you’re using a courier delivery option such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL).
3. All I-485 are required to be accompanied by an I-944. Including an I-134 is an optional but potentially helpful piece of evidence.

Thank you so so so much for your answers!