• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I got mine too :cool::cool:. I was in group 4. No named plaintiff.
Just in the very evening of friday september 4th I wrote to local embassy and to KCC but no positive reply from anyone even though I insisted and used the “critical mission” on the subject of every email I wrote. It was almost the end of september and I was feeling so sad and frustrated but out of the blue one day I got an email telling me that my interview would be in less than 24 hours :eek:. I couldn’t believe it. I got visa approved a couple of days later, visa stamped on my passport few more days later and I am very happy since then :). Now just hoping PP10014 be removed before the end of the year and praying it won’t be extended

I feel you ....... Same here, but I was group 5.

Sooo, as promised, here is my interview experience!

Some general details: I'm a plaintiff on CM's first lawsuit, CN is 2020AS29xxx, embassy is Jerusalem, Israel. I was in group 5, sent my docs to KCC about 3 times starting last year but never got the congratulations email… I got it a few days after the judge's injunction.

As Israel was facing a lockdown starting Sept. 18th, I sent an urgent email (so did the lawyers) to the embassy and asked them to schedule me before that day. They replied instantly that they scheduled me for the 16th at 8:15am and requested KCC to upload my file on their system ASAP.

That same day I received the official 2NL from KCC, but the appointment from them was set to the 29th… The embassy told me to ignore it.

I took the medical a day before the interview, on the 15th. I was able to book it even before I had an interview appointment, they understood the rush and there were no problems. The envelope wasn't ready until after the interview though.

Docs I took with me to the interview: DS-260 confirmation page, passport photos, birth certificate, military record, my passports (I'm a dual citizen), bank statement plus 12 month history, payslips, DS-5540, HS diploma, B.Sc. and Doctorate degrees, a spreadsheet detailing my professional plans (accreditation exams, application for residencies etc.), another spreadsheet with job ads I found online showing the average salary for my profession in the US and finally some health insurance quotes I printed (with the help of Simon's video). The police certificate was sent directly to the embassy at the end of last year (the normal procedure in Israel). I had no one to fill an I-134 for me.

I arrived around 8am, the area was deserted and I was the only one there (later Andarke joined )

First stop, the window outside. A lady came to the window and after a few seconds ran to the back screaming, apparently there was a dead spider in the drawer so she brought a security guy to take it out lol! She handed me a paper explaining about the oath we had to take and some info regarding how to register for the courier to get my passport back. Then I went inside, passed security, and entered the main building. It was so surreal, I was alone there and it seemed like everyone was there just for me (it's usually a VERY busy embassy with so many people).

After a few minutes I was called to the first window to hand over the documents. It was an Hebrew speaking guy who was SO nice, we had a chat about how he had a dream to be a vet and we talked about how one does that in Israel. He took only the BARE MINIMUM of docs, which include the ones you send to KCC plus my doctorate degree, and that was pretty much it. He didn't even ask for the bank statement but I mentioned I had it so he said "oh, ok, I'll add it as well".

He was SO impressed by the folder I had with all the docs, divided into categories etc. He said it was probably the most organized folder he has ever seen lol.

Second window, paying the 330$ fee. The lady there spilled her coffee so she giggled and said "oh my, I'm excited to see a real person" lol

Then I handed the receipt and waited a few more minutes for the CO to call me. After about 3 minutes he called me to the third and last window.

He was pretty young and extremely nice! We started with me raising my hand and taking the oath. Then he basically started the interview with "your case is pretty easy actually but we have to do some sort of an interview so tell me a bit about yourself, how are you, how is life?" lol

We had a few laughs about some things I told him and that was pretty much it. He too was impressed by the folder I had and said "I wish everyone was that organized"…. Then he said "you're obviously approved, but we have to wait for the medical envelope to issue the visa". And that's it. I heard him saying to his assistant to call the civil surgeon and expedite it. Was nice of him! I brought the envelope on the 20th (during lockdown, was HECTIC) and my visa was issued on the 23rd.

The whole experience was so anticlimactic, it was like catching up with a buddy instead of a formal, serious setting. I was also way WAY overprepared with docs, but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry! My folder definitely came up during my visit there hehe. Sorry it came out a bit long, but I wanted you to hear the whole story

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It warmed my heart to read your experience. May I ask which documents did you bring? I am 2021EU6XXX and I really hope I get to be interviewed one day too.

Are you asking if you can submit an eDV registration for DV2022 or you’re currently a DV2021 selectee wanting to know if you can file a DV based AOS application?

Yes, I have currently applied for H4 extension and would like to apply for the dvlottery 2022. I am in dilemma as the h4 extension is not through yet.

Yes, I have currently applied for H4 extension and would like to apply for the dvlottery 2022. I am in dilemma as the h4 extension is not through yet.
Are you also a DV2021 selectee? The earliest green cards for DV2022 will be available in October next year so that’s not going to help. (I’m not sure exactly what your dilemma is?)

I have applied for h4 extension and is yet to be approved I would like to apply for dv lottery 2022 , would applying for the dv lottery will impact my h4 extension as I would be having immigrant intent?

I have applied for h4 extension and is yet to be approved I would like to apply for dv lottery 2022 , would applying for the dv lottery will impact my h4 extension as I would be having immigrant intent?
Ah. Entering a lottery is not immigrant intent.

No impact. eDV registration does not constitute an immigrant intent

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It warmed my heart to read your experience. May I ask which documents did you bring? I am 2021EU6XXX and I really hope I get to be interviewed one day too.
Thank you :)

There's a whole paragraph in my story about the docs I took with me :)

Sooo, as promised, here is my interview experience!

Some general details: I'm a plaintiff on CM's first lawsuit, CN is 2020AS29xxx, embassy is Jerusalem, Israel. I was in group 5, sent my docs to KCC about 3 times starting last year but never got the congratulations email… I got it a few days after the judge's injunction.

As Israel was facing a lockdown starting Sept. 18th, I sent an urgent email (so did the lawyers) to the embassy and asked them to schedule me before that day. They replied instantly that they scheduled me for the 16th at 8:15am and requested KCC to upload my file on their system ASAP.

That same day I received the official 2NL from KCC, but the appointment from them was set to the 29th… The embassy told me to ignore it.

I took the medical a day before the interview, on the 15th. I was able to book it even before I had an interview appointment, they understood the rush and there were no problems. The envelope wasn't ready until after the interview though.

Docs I took with me to the interview: DS-260 confirmation page, passport photos, birth certificate, military record, my passports (I'm a dual citizen), bank statement plus 12 month history, payslips, DS-5540, HS diploma, B.Sc. and Doctorate degrees, a spreadsheet detailing my professional plans (accreditation exams, application for residencies etc.), another spreadsheet with job ads I found online showing the average salary for my profession in the US and finally some health insurance quotes I printed (with the help of Simon's video). The police certificate was sent directly to the embassy at the end of last year (the normal procedure in Israel). I had no one to fill an I-134 for me.

I arrived around 8am, the area was deserted and I was the only one there (later Andarke joined )

First stop, the window outside. A lady came to the window and after a few seconds ran to the back screaming, apparently there was a dead spider in the drawer so she brought a security guy to take it out lol! She handed me a paper explaining about the oath we had to take and some info regarding how to register for the courier to get my passport back. Then I went inside, passed security, and entered the main building. It was so surreal, I was alone there and it seemed like everyone was there just for me (it's usually a VERY busy embassy with so many people).

After a few minutes I was called to the first window to hand over the documents. It was an Hebrew speaking guy who was SO nice, we had a chat about how he had a dream to be a vet and we talked about how one does that in Israel. He took only the BARE MINIMUM of docs, which include the ones you send to KCC plus my doctorate degree, and that was pretty much it. He didn't even ask for the bank statement but I mentioned I had it so he said "oh, ok, I'll add it as well".

He was SO impressed by the folder I had with all the docs, divided into categories etc. He said it was probably the most organized folder he has ever seen lol.

Second window, paying the 330$ fee. The lady there spilled her coffee so she giggled and said "oh my, I'm excited to see a real person" lol

Then I handed the receipt and waited a few more minutes for the CO to call me. After about 3 minutes he called me to the third and last window.

He was pretty young and extremely nice! We started with me raising my hand and taking the oath. Then he basically started the interview with "your case is pretty easy actually but we have to do some sort of an interview so tell me a bit about yourself, how are you, how is life?" lol

We had a few laughs about some things I told him and that was pretty much it. He too was impressed by the folder I had and said "I wish everyone was that organized"…. Then he said "you're obviously approved, but we have to wait for the medical envelope to issue the visa". And that's it. I heard him saying to his assistant to call the civil surgeon and expedite it. Was nice of him! I brought the envelope on the 20th (during lockdown, was HECTIC) and my visa was issued on the 23rd.

The whole experience was so anticlimactic, it was like catching up with a buddy instead of a formal, serious setting. I was also way WAY overprepared with docs, but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry! My folder definitely came up during my visit there hehe. Sorry it came out a bit long, but I wanted you to hear the whole story
@Airspray Thanks for sharing your interview experience. Didn't the CO raise any issue for not having an I-134?

@Airspray Thanks for sharing your interview experience. Didn't the CO raise any issue for not having an I-134?
Not at all, as I said, they didn't even ask for the bank statement, I kind of provided it volunteerly...
I read some forums of past Israeli DV winners, and none of them was asked for an I-134, so I think it's a combination of regional norms (for instance, the embassy in Sri Lanka tends to always ask for an I-134) and also evaulating your background, I guess being a veterinarian helped with showing I'm very unlikely to become public charge (salaries in the US are way over the poverty line). At no point in the interview was there any dicussion regarding financial status.

Last edited:
I got an e-mail
Update from:
Gomez v Trump Team via ActionNetwork.org

"First, the district court has scheduled a hearing for Monday, October 26, at 2 p.m. Eastern Time. At that hearing, the court will consider the Government’s motion to stay the district court proceedings pending our expedited appeal to the Court of Appeals.

You may listen to the hearing using the dial-in below:

Number: (877) 848-7030; Access code: 321-8747"

I got an e-mail
Update from:

"First, the district court has scheduled a hearing for Monday, October 26, at 2 p.m. Eastern Time. At that hearing, the court will consider the Government’s motion to stay the district court proceedings pending our expedited appeal to the Court of Appeals.

Good, I also received it.
Also the link below by AILA answers many FAQs:

https://innovationlawlab.org/press-...subject=dv-2020-selectee-gomez-v-trump-update

I got an e-mail
Update from:

What is the importance of this hearing to DV 2020 winners?
Government wants stay of proceedings untill somewhere January 2021 whiles some of our attorneys wants hearing to run concurrent with the appeal.
1 AILA team believes if there is a change of government (Biden win) ,we can easily win the motion for reserved visas to be issued.

2 Curtis thinks we cant wait till January 2021 so lets hear the motion for the reserved visas alongside the appeal.
So it all comes down to patients and impatients.

So what happens if we loose the motion and Trump wins. What happens if we loose the motion and Trump loses?
I think our fortunes lies in the above. However as beggars we have no choice. Whatever the tides blows,we go . May God be our helper.

Whatever the tides blows,we go . May God be our helper.

I know you didn’t mean it that way, but that last bit sounds quite ungrateful to all the hard work the lawyers have been doing (to try make sure the tide goes your way), especially the ones doing it pro bono for the class action.

I know you didn’t mean it that way, but that last bit sounds quite ungrateful to all the hard work the lawyers have been doing (to try make sure the tide goes your way), especially the ones doing it pro bono for the class action.

There is nothing like ungratefulness in what i said above. Just comparing the point of view of each of our attorneys. With all due respect i am sure this time ,you have had it wrong of trying to tag me with ungratefulness.