• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

You guys are funny. Do you know how Canada kept illegal immigration to the minimum all this time? Through deportation. There are cases of even citizenship revoke and then deportation.
Waste immigration court time over this? IRS will be linked to the immigration, failing to report that you are immigrant can cost you the GC. What is so "lol" to you?

Oh hang on, there is another contender.

Suggest you do some research.
There are millions of illegal immigrants who pay taxes. If the irs was linked to immigration, why aren’t they deported? Hm? Tax issues are brought to light when uscis looks at your returns, not because the irs reports anything to them.
I also suggest you do some research into what is involved in being deported. They don’t just arrive at your house put you on a plane if you have a green card. There is an order, court, a judge etc involved. All that for something that can be fixed in half an hour? No way, not when the courts are as backlogged as they are.
Have fun doing all that research. Knowing what you’re talking about helps.
You are so naive and I will suggest you do your research.
Illegal immigrants who pay taxes. How? with a company and tax number? Don't attack me personally because you have no idea how much I know.
"They don’t just arrive at your house put you on a plane... "
There is an attempt to copy the Canadian laws and that is exactly how it works. People don't even have time to pack their stuff. Even pets are left behind.

You are so naive and I will suggest you do your research.
Illegal immigrants who pay taxes. How? with a company and tax number? Don't attack me personally because you have no idea how much I know.
There is an attempt to copy the Canadian laws and that is exactly how it works. People don't even have time to pack their stuff. Even pets are left behind.

The more you post, the more you clearly demonstrate your lack of knowledge regarding the US immigration system, nor that of Canada either (take if from a Canadian US citizen). So you should consider stopping with the attempted comparison of something you don’t quite understand.

Yes, undocumented immigrants are able to pay taxes in the US!

The more you post, the more you clearly demonstrate your lack of knowledge regarding the US immigration system, nor that of Canada either (take if from a Canadian US citizen). Yes, undocumented immigrants are able to pay taxes in the US!
I am a Canadian citizen too. Please educate me how illegal immigrants pay taxes in the US.

That's the thing I don't need to google it. I knew many of them when I was there and know exactly how.

Like I previously noted, the more you insist on posting on something you don’t have an understanding of, the more you demonstrate your lack of knowledge on that subject. Here’s a clue for finding out how undocumented immigrants are able to pay tax in the US: Google ITIN!

For those interested in how undocumented immigrants pay taxes, this is a rather dry but informative article on it.
it also includes this little nugget of information: “Tax information on ITIN holders is legally protected under privacy laws and cannot be shared with the Department of Homeland Security or Immigration and Customs Enforcement, thus an undocumented worker can obtain one without fear of the information being used to find and deport them.”

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/how-do-undocumented-immigrants-pay-federal-taxes-an-explainer/

I don’t know and don’t care how the Canadian system works, but you seem to miss the fact that green card holders have rights. Please show me the law, or even proposed law, in the US that allows instant deportation of green card holders, as you claim is going to happen to someone for missing something on a tax return (that the irs cannot inform them of anyway, see post above).

Like I previously noted, the more you insist on posting on something you don’t have an understanding of, the more you demonstrate your lack of knowledge on that subject. Here’s a clue for finding out how undocumented immigrants are able to pay tax in the US: Google ITIN!
I just said that I know all that from my time in the US and you are asking me to google it. !!?

By the way that is not the only way illegals can pay taxes. Sometimes you need to read what is posted before jumping to prove how much I don't know and you are an expert.

That's the thing I don't need to google it. I knew many of them when I was there and know exactly how.

then you also know none of them got deported because of the irs reporting anythung to ICE, because they can’t.

So now that you have finally demonstrated that you were in fact scare mongering for nothing, can we stop wasting time?

@Feynman processing In Colombia is a dodgy option. First I do not think you will even be eligible to do so as you are only there a few months on a study abroad program, not any kind of long term residency. Second even if they do allow it,whihc I doubt, it can take a couple of months to reschedule between embassies, if something goes wrong with the timing there and you need to transfer It to Germany you may just run out of time.

Ok makes sense.
And when do you think should I send the documents?

That's quite complicated. I guess I won't get the offer letter by the university before March. Without the offer letter I can't apply for a F1 student visa. But when I submit the documents I show immigration intent and thus I am not eligible for a non-immigration student visa anymore. The timing is not easy to get right.

My gut tells me to send the documents now and play it a bit riskier. Perhaps I will still get a student visa even with an immigration intent or I will have already interviewed by August.

What would you suggest?

How long in advance does it make sense to send the documents when my CN is 43k?

Ok makes sense.
And when do you think should I send the documents?

That's quite complicated. I guess I won't get the offer letter by the university before March. Without the offer letter I can't apply for a F1 student visa. But when I submit the documents I show immigration intent and thus I am not eligible for a non-immigration student visa anymore. The timing is not easy to get right.

My gut tells me to send the documents now and play it a bit riskier. Perhaps I will still get a student visa even with an immigration intent or I will have already interviewed by August.

What would you suggest?

How long in advance does it make sense to send the documents when my CN is 43k?

sorry, your situation has too many moving parts for me to feel comfortable giving you a definitive answer on that.
I do think you are complicating it extra by going the CP route, although I understand your reasons.

I don’t know and don’t care how the Canadian system works, but you seem to miss the fact that green card holders have rights. Please show me the law, or even proposed law, in the US that allows instant deportation of green card holders, as you claim is going to happen to someone for missing something on a tax return (that the irs cannot inform them of anyway, see post above).
You may don't care but Jared Kushner cares a lot. LOL