• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

HUH? Why would anyone waste the cost of an air ticket trying to do that?
It's called testing the law. A ticket should be below 1000 USD for most places.

Afterall some plaintiffs had to pay some lawyers 1000 and over dollars for no work done.
Thanks.

I am doing that as soon as I get my passport.
In the meantime, anyone can also try if they wish.

It's not a commandment, it's a suggestion.

No one has responded by saying “it was a commandment” either. Anyway, we’ll look forward to your write up after your attempt.

It's called testing the law. A ticket should be below 1000 USD for most places.

Afterall some plaintiffs had to pay some lawyers 1000 and over dollars for no work done.
Thanks.
No one has responded by saying “it was a commandment” either. Anyway, we’ll look forward to your write up after your attempt.
Exactly, @Andarke why don’t you ‘test the law’ and report back? A suggestion, don’t sell your home/give up your rental contract before you do it.

Exactly, @Andarke why don’t you ‘test the law’ and report back? A suggestion, don’t sell your home/give up your rental contract before you do it.
I have a feeling OP was just looking for a Guinea pig. :rolleyes:

Even if the flight is $1, you risk getting detained and possibly getting your visa revoked. All on a baseless premise.

I have a feeling OP was just looking for a Guinea pig. :rolleyes:

Even if the flight is $1, you risk getting detained and possibly getting your visa revoked. All on a baseless premise.
I don’t think they can revoke the visa for that, but it makes no sense to me to waste time and money just to check that CBP reads the annotations on visas. Anyway, if s/he finds that a good use of their finances and time, good for them, but I bet they won’t bother reporting back that it didn’t work.

Edit: actually it occurs to me that worst case is if it does work, and green card is then revoked on basis of unlawful entry - then there are no more options. At least getting sent back from the airport or border means you can still use the visa later.

Just a quick update on the ssn situation for those who haven’t gotten one. I called last week my ssn office and the lady told me since I’m applying for a brand new ssn, not a replacement, I’m eligible for appointment and told me to fax my documents to a specific phone number and then I should receive a call. Yesterday I called just in case and a lady picked up the phone stating that they sent me a letter explaining that my case isn’t urgent and I cannot get an appointment and should mail the original documents. She checked my faxed documents btw when I asked if they have received them. But once she asked me “why do you need ssn now” I got a little pissed and dove into more explanations of why I need it. She said I cannot get an appointment and I was confused. Today though they called me and set an appointment for me for tomorrow morning.
I guess there is a priority for first ssn issuance but I had a confusing experience with my ssn office. At least I didn’t have to mail original documents. They told me to bring them tomorrow.

Hi
Can I apply for dv lottery as my h4visa extension is in process?

Are you asking if you can submit an eDV registration for DV2022 or you’re currently a DV2021 selectee wanting to know if you can file a DV based AOS application?

@Sm1smom
If both my wife and I apply for the 2022 green card lottery separately, do we need to have separate pictures for both entries as she would have to have a picture of me and I of her to apply?

@Sm1smom
If both my wife and I apply for the 2022 green card lottery separately, do we need to have separate pictures for both entries as she would have to have a picture of me and I of her to apply?

Yes you do. Pictures of listed spouses and children on each entry are required to be uploaded

But some people told me it could be viewed as immigration fraud to have two cases at the same time on the system. So, it will cause me a problem? Thank you

Stop listening to people who do not understand the process. Such a case is not considered multiple entry since you're the main applicant for one entry (while your wife is a derivative), and your spouse will be the main applicant for the second entry (while you will be a derivative of that one).

By the way, you need to read the DV 2022 Instruction form yourself to ensure you're following the right guidance from the official source.

One of the FAQs on the instruction form I linked to above addresses this:
May my spouse and I each submit a separate entry?
Yes, each spouse may each submit one entry if each meets the eligibility requirements. If either spouse is selected, the other is entitled to apply as a derivative dependent.

But some people told me it could be viewed as immigration fraud to have two cases at the same time on the system. So, it will cause me a problem? Thank you
“Some people” are wrong and if you read the DV instructions properly it even tells you can enter while you have another petition in progress. FYI I myself had another one underway when I won.

in the FAQs:
17. I’m already registered for an immigrant visa in another category. Can I still apply for the DV program?
Yes.