• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Well, it's not great but better than nothing.
The bad part is that I'm still going to be in doubts for indefinite period of time and this is very stressful, I swear I got few new grey hairs.

So when are they going to renew the interviews for DV2020?

I’ve read all available resources but there are still some things unclear to me and I hope that somebody can explain those things to me.

1. It’s great to see that we at least got some visas carried over the deadline. But it seems like the decision is not final final? Can someone explain to me what the merit is about?

2. I’m a little confused why they can’t just proceed with the interviews. If they will start in at least 90 days with the interviews that will be very tight as DV2021 winners might get their interview appointments at the same time.

3. What is the 90-days deadline about? Why is it approx 90-days, where does that number come from?

To me it is unclear how visas can be issued after september 30 th when the law clearly say that after that date fiscal year ends and no one can claim anything because fiscal year is over.As i understand the role of judge is to rule if actions are according to the law,he cannot change the law,only a congres/parlaiment of some country can do that.That is why judges are appointed,to see if the law is being carried out,they cannot change it.If judge Mehta had any power,he could have extended deadline,but he does what a law tells him to do,nothing else.He done in september what he could and after that year is over and that is it.There will be nothing of this 9000 visas,because he has no power to change the law.I tried to check my dv2020 status but it says that fiscal year is over and i cannot check status and how am i suposed to know what is happening when i cannot check my status?

I guess it doesn’t matter now, since there’s no priority for them, why?

They did not have priority before, but they were treated with priority in some embassies.

If this happens again and they become part of these 9000 /despite the lack of such an order/ I want to know /approximately/ what is the chance for other case numbers.

Hey I have a question, I am DV 2020 winner and Kennedy plaintiff but I am not sure if I will get the chance to get interview but my fiancé is US citizen and we are planning to apply to fiancé visa, will the dv process will make a problem?? What are your suggestions?

To me it is unclear how visas can be issued after september 30 th when the law clearly say that after that date fiscal year ends and no one can claim anything because fiscal year is over.As i understand the role of judge is to rule if actions are according to the law,he cannot change the law,only a congres/parlaiment of some country can do that.That is why judges are appointed,to see if the law is being carried out,they cannot change it.If judge Mehta had any power,he could have extended deadline,but he does what a law tells him to do,nothing else.He done in september what he could and after that year is over and that is it.There will be nothing of this 9000 visas,because he has no power to change the law.I tried to check my dv2020 status but it says that fiscal year is over and i cannot check status and how am i suposed to know what is happening when i cannot check my status?
There is nothing going towards the rules in these critical time,Who would of thought you could get 2nl today for tomorrow interview? nobody but those past 2 weeks that happened eventhough it didnt happen since the beginning of dv lottery, The law says deadline is 30 september and must be respected ,but the law was violated when the processing was stopped illegaly by statedept so there is severe violation of laws,and judge saw that when reserving visas,I think there should be a mechanism in juridical system for response when laws are broken by the ones that create them and “pretend” to obey them,There is nothing we can compare this year to,because it didnt happen never before and this year will be “sui generis” 9095 will be issued and I hope Curtis Morrsion will fight for his plaintiffs (I am one of them,Keneddy case) since 90% of plaintiffs got their visas during september,There is a big probability we win on case merits and Kennedy is rewarded priority .

Hey I have a question, I am DV 2020 winner and Kennedy plaintiff but I am not sure if I will get the chance to get interview but my fiancé is US citizen and we are planning to apply to fiancé visa, will the dv process will make a problem?? What are your suggestions?

No problem with having multiple petitions in the system at the same time.

There is nothing going towards the rules in these critical time,Who would of thought you could get 2nl today for tomorrow interview? nobody but those past 2 weeks that happened eventhough it didnt happen since the beginning of dv lottery, The law says deadline is 30 september and must be respected ,but the law was violated when the processing was stopped illegaly by statedept so there is severe violation of laws,and judge saw that when reserving visas,I think there should be a mechanism in juridical system for response when laws are broken by the ones that create them and “pretend” to obey them,There is nothing we can compare this year to,because it didnt happen never before and this year will be “sui generis” 9095 will be issued and I hope Curtis Morrsion will fight for his plaintiffs (I am one of them,Keneddy case) since 90% of plaintiffs got their visas during september,There is a big probability we win on case merits and Kennedy is rewarded priority .
But when i contact KCC they say dv2020 is over and they dont know what am i talking about.You cannot enter status of your aplication.What can judge say,issue visas,they will say law say that dv2020 is over and he has no legal arguments to change anything and it will end on that.How do we know that they dont delete data after fiscal year is over.That what happendd in september happened because judge Mehta had legal powers,after september he lost them.Why he didnt ordered anything after september,he could not because he has no power after that date.He only judge by the law he cannot change it.Hope i am wrong on this.

Hi guys,

Please has anyone with annotations on their DV 2020 visa tried to enter USA recently to test the ban?
Please do report the outcome (Negative/Positive) here Incase someone tried it.

Regards.

Hi guys,

Please has anyone with annotations on their DV 2020 visa tried to enter USA recently to test the ban?
Please do report the outcome (Negative/Positive) here Incase someone tried it.

Regards.

HUH? Why would anyone waste the cost of an air ticket trying to do that?