• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I don't know if this will help to clarify the situation because like mom told me it's like rolling a dice . But I'll put what am sure of and what I learned from my own experience.
When I got selected i didn't think that pending asylum will be an issue but turns out you have to fit a criteria so you can adjust your status while pending asylum.
as we all know to go through AOS as DV lottery you have to be got selected , their is visa available for you at the time plus been admissible.
what i learned is if applied for asylum within one year from states entery was in a valid visa status which you didn't violate your visa category and was inspected and paroled in the border while entering the states. That all means you didn't accumulate any unlawful stay according to the exception in INA 212 under unlawful presence here in fact you are in a lawful stay which make you admissible to states under other categories like dv lottery or getting married if the officer reviewed your asylum case an determined it's not fraudulent.
With that been said that my knowledge that I gathered thro search speaking to a lawyer during my RFE which they asked for my school records to determined the time line about my entry and when I applied for asylum and if i did attended and finished my school while also I didn't break any law about my visa like worked while I was student without having any work permit.
I also spoke with cpl ppl personally went thro this which they didn't have a problem with this issue unfortunately one of them didn't get it for other reasons which is visa availability at the time.
My IO also made sure that is not a problem after he went thro the documents in this topic in fact I asked him what should I do if I got approved should I withdraw the other case he said that well it will be canceled automatically but it's not bad to do so as well but you have to wait until you get the card in hand . note he didn't approve my case at the moment because he was waiting for my asylum case..
I tried to make it short as possible i think it still kinda a gray area for mom ask me anything so if I forget something I might remember a point that is important.
I am glad that you made it on time. Congratulations! Happy for you :)

Just completed my interview in San Jose, 2 days before the deadline. An officer was super nice and aware of the deadline. He also put a stamp with a re-entry permit so that I can travel outside of the USA for now. Super happy, thank you everyone for the active participation on this forum and especially Mom!

Awesome! Congratulations and have a safe trip ;)

Hello everyone, I am going to do a small update, any suggestion is welcome. My case is assigned to the Orlando Florida FO, on Wednesday September 22 I sent by express the proof of payment of the fees corresponding to DV2020 to the Orlando, Fl office which was received at 10:34 am on the 23rd of September. Since then I have been following up to obtain an interview but as of today, September 28, this test has not been processed or updated in the system. Both on Friday, September 25, and today, I have spoken with tier 2 officials to see if I could get them to process the requested test and assign me an interview, but despite these officials directing communications to the IO and the FO, nothing has changed. I already contacted my Congressman on Tuesday 22nd and they were going to contact FO but they have not yet given me more information. Tomorrow, September 29 I will play my last card trying an interview without an appointment (walk in) please put me in your prayers tonight. I hope to make it
My fingers are crossed for you. Good luck!

• Call USCIS first, to find out if they have any new update. Insist on speaking with a Tier 2 personnel, as the first line personnel sees exactly what you can see online yourself
  • Submit a Non-Delivery of Card E-Request
  • Based on the outcome of the above (if USCIS cannot confirm it was returned to them as undeliverable), you'll need to return to USPS and insist for evidence it was returned to sender as claimed by them.
I called USCIS and spoke to tier 2 officer and she told that she will create a request so that the card would be sent to me again. I confirmed with her is the card with USCIS like 3 times and she said yes. Asked me to call again if card is not received in 2 weeks. She told that the other department resends your card and she will inform them with a note so that they send the card quickly. Fingers crossed hopefully I 'll receive it early. In real dire need of the card.

I called USCIS and spoke to tier 2 officer and she told that she will create a request so that the card would be sent to me again. I confirmed with her is the card with USCIS like 3 times and she said yes. Asked me to call again if card is not received in 2 weeks. She told that the other department resends your card and she will inform them with a note so that they send the card quickly. Fingers crossed hopefully I 'll receive it early. In real dire need of the card.

Did you ask her to confirm the address they have on record for you?

Did you ask her to confirm the address they have on record for you?
yes and finally just now egov status got changed to
On September 28, 2020, the Post Office returned your new card for Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number ****, to us. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is ****. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools > Track a Package section. We will destroy your new card if we do not receive an address update by December 19, 2020.

Hopefully the officer have created a request by now

yes and finally just now egov status got changed to
On September 28, 2020, the Post Office returned your new card for Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number ****, to us. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is ****. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools > Track a Package section. We will destroy your new card if we do not receive an address update by December 19, 2020.

Hopefully the officer have created a request by now

If you don't get an update about the card being mailed by tomorrow, I suggest you call again. Speak with a teir 2 rep, inform them of the update you got today, and get them to confirm your address again.

If you don't get an update about the card being mailed by tomorrow, I suggest you call again. Speak with a teir 2 rep, inform them of the update you got today, and get them to confirm your address again.

okay sure I'll wait for tomorrow. Do they update the status to card was mailed again in egov website ? I'll call them tomorrow and today I did again verification for address and she asked the details again. Hopefully she was able to create the request. But will wait till tomorrow and call them again.

Hello everyone, I am going to do a small update, any suggestion is welcome. My case is assigned to the Orlando Florida FO, on Wednesday September 22 I sent by express the proof of payment of the fees corresponding to DV2020 to the Orlando, Fl office which was received at 10:34 am on the 23rd of September. Since then I have been following up to obtain an interview but as of today, September 28, this test has not been processed or updated in the system. Both on Friday, September 25, and today, I have spoken with tier 2 officials to see if I could get them to process the requested test and assign me an interview, but despite these officials directing communications to the IO and the FO, nothing has changed. I already contacted my Congressman on Tuesday 22nd and they were going to contact FO but they have not yet given me more information. Tomorrow, September 29 I will play my last card trying an interview without an appointment (walk in) please put me in your prayers tonight. I hope to make it

I hope you get a good luck tomorrow and also get the approval before fiscal year end. God bless you.

And that's why I did not out rightly discourage you back in April, when I told you it was a dice toss. Again, I appreciate the update. I just didn't agree with this part of your post: "i think it still kinda a gray area for mom"
Oh my bad sorry I didn't mean it that way not trying to be provocative at all . I wrote and corrected alot in that post I wanted it to be less talk and explain the experience . It came out wrong. What I know you are most knowledgeable experienced and frankly even more than alot of lawyers I encountered on this and helped alot here i wished I knew about the forum earlier. Thank you alot and hope my next post about me receiving the letter and the card .

Oh my bad sorry I didn't mean it that way not trying to be provocative at all . I wrote and corrected alot in that post I wanted it to be less talk and explain the experience . It came out wrong. What I know you are most knowledgeable experienced and frankly even more than alot of lawyers I encountered on this and helped alot here i wished I knew about the forum earlier. Thank you alot and hope my next post about me receiving the letter and the card .

No worries, no offense taken. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Card was mailed out on 9/25.
Just two days after approval.
No more card production delay.
I expect the card is coming early next week.
Have a nice weekend!
(No movement during weekend at government side except post office.)

Right now, processing of I-797 approval notice and green card production are very quick.
My card will be delivered some time this week.

9/23 approval
9/25 Card was mailed
9/28 tracking number provided for priority mail.
9/28 I-797 notice received by regular mail.

Here is the updated rosters of last minutes group as of 9:30am EDT, 9/29/2020.

A couple of applicants got approved yesterday.
Please do your best best two days.
Anything could happen!

Group 1; Bio and Interview completed. Awaiting approval

DET Bio on 8/4, int on 9/4
PIT Bio waived, int on 9/3
HOU Bio on 8/7, Int on 7/28
PHL Bio on 8/8, Int on 9/11

Group 2; Bio completed and awaiting IL

ORL Bio waived, Int TBD

Group 3; waiting for bio and IL.

HOU bio and INT TBD
LAX bio and INT TBD

Here is the updated rosters of last minutes group as of 9:30am EDT, 9/29/2020.

A couple of applicants got approved yesterday.
Please do your best best two days.
Anything could happen!

PHL Bio on 8/8, Int on 9/11

ORL Bio waived, Int TBD

HOU bio and INT TBD
LAX bio and INT TBD
My case just got updated to new card is being produced. Thank you so much to everyone in this forum. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Thanks to everyone in this fourm wish you all the best. Wanted to update for the timeline . My case no. 2020AF7xxxx AOS process through Milwaukee FO. Note everything sent out by USPS express mail
- KCC DS-260 filled and fees paid on last September
-17 feb had my medical whole package was ready by that time added I-944
- April 25th sent package was current for June got rejected (missed to check cpl boxes)
- may 18th resent full package to Chicago lockbox received date may 21st. Notice date may 28th . Receipt got in mail June 10th .Money withdrawal cannot remember exactly.
- RFE received on mail July 10th issued date July 1st. Responded by July 28th.
- biometric schedule for August 17th .received on mail by August 6th. Issued date July 31st.
-IL received on mail sept 4th. issued date August 28th . Interview date sept 15th.
That part for my interactions with USCIS throughout my journey about system updates goes as follow:
- 05/21 application received.
-05/27 we accept fingerprints fees.
-08/17 fingerprints were taken.
-09/24 expedite request.
-09/28 new card been produced.
09/29 case was approved.
I tried to update it on the timeline just didn't see the plus sgin. Sorry for the late update Val I know you kept track on this.

Thanks to everyone in this fourm wish you all the best. Wanted to update for the timeline . My case no. 2020AF7xxxx AOS process through Milwaukee FO. Note everything sent out by USPS express mail
- KCC DS-260 filled and fees paid on last September
-17 feb had my medical whole package was ready by that time added I-944
- April 25th sent package was current for June got rejected (missed to check cpl boxes)
- may 18th resent full package to Chicago lockbox received date may 21st. Notice date may 28th . Receipt got in mail June 10th .Money withdrawal cannot remember exactly.
- RFE received on mail July 10th issued date July 1st. Responded by July 28th.
- biometric schedule for August 17th .received on mail by August 6th. Issued date July 31st.
-IL received on mail sept 4th. issued date August 28th . Interview date sept 15th.
That part for my interactions with USCIS throughout my journey about system updates goes as follow:
- 05/21 application received.
-05/27 we accept fingerprints fees.
-08/17 fingerprints were taken.
-09/24 expedite request.
-09/28 new card been produced.
09/29 case was approved.
I tried to update it on the timeline just didn't see the plus sgin. Sorry for the late update Val I know you kept track on this.

Congratulations.

When did you CN become current? Also can you indicate the first 2 or 3 digits of your CN? The way you have it AF7xxxx is not quite useful to anyone who wishes to compare their timeline to yours.

Here is the updated rosters of last minutes group as of 12:30pm EDT, 9/29/2020.

One applicant from group 1 got approved already this morning.

ORL Bio waived, Int TBD

HOU bio and INT TBD
LAX bio and INT TBD